Notices

turek

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2004, 04:56 PM
West Coast Express

vCash: 500
turek

once he returns what do you think the goalie situation will be like?

i know kiprusoff is injured for the moment as well so i was referring to the time once both are back.

Old
01-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Michalek

as soon as those 2 will be healty ,McLennan will be gone

Old
01-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalek
as soon as those 2 will be healty ,McLennan will be gone
I agree. McLennan will be the odd man out.

On the other hand, I heard rumblings about Doug MacLean not liking putting Marc Denis in net for almost the entire season, and is looking for a goalie with some experience. Would be nice if we could flip Turek to Columbus (if he waives his no-trade contract) for streaky $3 million man Geoff Sanderson. His offensive abilities could be a fit here. Turek's regualr season performance might be the experience MacLean could be looking for.

If not, I see the tandem as Turek and Kiprusoff sharing the duties when they get back, and McLennan traded for a pick or put on waivers. Next year, the tandem is still Turek / Kipper, but with each playing about half the games.

Old
01-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Ozy_Flame

I'm not sure I agree with the Mclennan thing. For a goalies only making half a million and managing to almost keep up with Kiprusoff this season, getting rid of him is a mistake, especially for a small market team.

Sutter should just give Turek away to the highest bidder, if there is even any bidders. That way, we can free up some cash and bring in some talent, or atleast afford to pay our RFA's their raises.

I'm not saying Turek is a bad goalie, but his contract kills his value ten fold.

Old
01-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Super-Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
I'm not sure I agree with the Mclennan thing. For a goalies only making half a million and managing to almost keep up with Kiprusoff this season, getting rid of him is a mistake, especially for a small market team.

Sutter should just give Turek away to the highest bidder, if there is even any bidders. That way, we can free up some cash and bring in some talent, or atleast afford to pay our RFA's their raises.

I'm not saying Turek is a bad goalie, but his contract kills his value ten fold.
You read my mind. When you have an option of trading an under achiving (he was before he was injured, we'll see how he does on his return) with a $4.25 million contract, or trading an over-achiving player with a $500,000 contract, it should be a no brainer. But, it's not like either of these 2 will last much long in Calgary anyway, I expect Sabourin or Krahn to take over backup reigns in 2 or 3 season.

Old
01-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
I agree. McLennan will be the odd man out.

On the other hand, I heard rumblings about Doug MacLean not liking putting Marc Denis in net for almost the entire season, and is looking for a goalie with some experience. Would be nice if we could flip Turek to Columbus (if he waives his no-trade contract) for streaky $3 million man Geoff Sanderson. His offensive abilities could be a fit here. Turek's regualr season performance might be the experience MacLean could be looking for.

If not, I see the tandem as Turek and Kiprusoff sharing the duties when they get back, and McLennan traded for a pick or put on waivers. Next year, the tandem is still Turek / Kipper, but with each playing about half the games.
MacLean said that he thought he might've fed Denis to the wolves a little early, getting rid of Tugnutt. It was a 'in hindsight' comment, but by no means is he looking to replace Denis now.

As well, Denis has taken MacLean stepping down as a personal challenge. He realizes that MacLean sacrificed himself to the players (instead of making player changes), because MacLean believed this group could win. Denis sees that as a huge compliment and a huge challenge. His first game since the firing, stopped 37 shots for the shutout in Tampa.

Turek in Columbus? Just don't see it happening.

Old
01-06-2004, 09:47 AM
HHB

Any official date for his return?

Thanks!

Old
01-06-2004, 10:12 AM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHB
Any official date for his return?

Thanks!
Turek?
possibly Saturday against FLA

Old
01-06-2004, 11:19 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
Turek?
possibly Saturday against FLA
Sounds about right, the reports were 8-13 days last week, so he could be around against FLA on later on in the week. I'd like to see how he can play behind the vastly improved Flame D.

Old
01-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Hydroponic Harold

Someone should throw some coins on the ice when turek skates out ..hes brutal and hes the last thing you guys need right now .
This dud has let in more soft goals for you guys than every Flame goalie added together !!!!!!!!!

He will "Fleuryinate" you guys when he comes back ..the way Fleury did to us at the World Juniors . :mad:

Old
01-13-2004, 05:54 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponic Harold
Someone should throw some coins on the ice when turek skates out ..hes brutal and hes the last thing you guys need right now .
This dud has let in more soft goals for you guys than every Flame goalie added together !!!!!!!!!

He will "Fleuryinate" you guys when he comes back ..the way Fleury did to us at the World Juniors . :mad:
Doubt it. Can't see him being worse than McLennan. Our improved team defense will make Turek look a lot better than in years past and we can hope that our new goaltending coach makes as much of a difference with him as he has appeared to with Kipper and McLennan.

Old
01-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Sec of Partying Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponic Harold

Turek isn't a great goalie but he's certainly better than our current tamdem. Anyway Turek's biggest problem wasn't soft goals it was his inability to make big saves. He's a position goalie and when a team gets him out of position he doesn't have the skill to make the save.

Old
01-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Orv

I hate Turek, but I would rather have him on the team than Sabourin. Sabu will be a good goalie in a couple of years...but not right now.

Closed Thread