HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Guelph Storm Aquire Nathan Martine.

Old
10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Boomhower

vCash: 500
Guelph Storm Aquire Nathan Martine.

19 year old veteran defenseman Nathan Martine has been dealt to the Guelph Storm.

From the OHL Media notes :

London Transfers: Nathan Martine

Guelph Transfers: 3rd Rnd pick '09, 5th Rnd pick '09, and 3rd Rnd pick '10 (cond.)

Martine's OHL player page

Boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 06:46 PM
stormfan#20#33

well i think guelph won this trade because martine is a big tank that will bring some muscle and some brains to the storms blue line!!!

stormfan#20#33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfan#20#33 View Post
well i think guelph won this trade because martine is a big tank that will bring some muscle and some brains to the storms blue line!!!
It's a lot of future to give up for a team on the wrong side of .500, but I know that they needed a veteran presence on the blueline. I guess Knights fans haven't been happy with him but Barr has done some amazing things with former Knights defensemen that were thought poorly of.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2007, 07:43 AM
stormfan#20#33

u brought a very good point future but fridays game martine showed he was worth it 2 assist in his first game in guelph that was pretty good considering i had heard bad things about him!!!

and has anyone noticed we will have our oa next year in caruso buck priamo and martine

which means barrs going to trade soon again

stormfan#20#33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2007, 08:43 AM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
It's a lot of future to give up for a team on the wrong side of .500, but I know that they needed a veteran presence on the blueline. I guess Knights fans haven't been happy with him but Barr has done some amazing things with former Knights defensemen that were thought poorly of.
Martines problem in London was simple.

He didn't play physical, took bad calls, and gave it up too much.

He also was outplayed by a younger Matt Ashman making him trade bait.

Giving up Foreman to get him had them thinking he would be top four, it became very clear early on his talent was not as good as the top four or even close.

Valdimir Roth and Montgomery can blow his doors off, Clarke plays with more grit, Aarssen is just better all around so having an expensive aqausition sitting in the 6 or 7 slot makes no sense.

Plus London have stocked quite a few picks now for 08,09,10 making a larger trade for a forward easier to do. London are looking for a pair of forwards I heard with four younger players probably getting moved.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Redden Hogalot*

Rumour has it that Sudbury is very interested in Thomas McCollum. Mike Foligno has been to the last two Storm games (of course counting todays againts the Wolves) and they need a goaltender.

Guelph needs a goalscorer and they were looking at overager Kevin Baker. I think he'd be a nice fit in Guelph.

Redden Hogalot* is offline   Reply With Quote