HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

dead wood

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2004, 04:21 PM
flyer fan in NS

vCash:
dead wood

lets talk about unloading some of the deadwood on this club now im not talking bout a fire sale i still think this team is pretty good(not cup good).i know leclair needs to go,who wants him is the question.how about trading zues we already have many checking players and he may be the only one with trade value.we need a goalie but i dont think joseph is the answer we nees to draft a young one or trade for a young one.im watching the pittsburg game and we look very bad forget about the cup if we dont start winning well end up playing jersey or ottawa in roun 1 and we all know what that means

Old
01-12-2004, 07:03 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

vCash: 500
yeah, if wwe're gonna loose, let it be with some kids atleast, that way you know they'll elarn and improve, can't do that with these vets

Old
01-12-2004, 10:19 PM
blah

lol no chance of the Sens-Flyers trading major peices.

Old
01-12-2004, 10:24 PM
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
yeah, if wwe're gonna loose, let it be with some kids atleast, that way you know they'll elarn and improve, can't do that with these vets
Easy there boys....

A month ago this team was the hottest in hockey. You just have to ride out the highs and the lows. IF Booby can get a good goalie, this team is good enough to make it to the Finals.

Old
01-12-2004, 10:45 PM
blah

I thought Sharp played a good game so once Prims gets back moving Zues for a Khabibulin might be a good move.

Old
01-12-2004, 11:51 PM
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
I thought Sharp played a good game so once Prims gets back moving Zues for a Khabibulin might be a good move.
Then whom will be playing keeper for the Bolts?

Old
01-13-2004, 12:10 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash
Then whom will be playing keeper for the Bolts?
Grahame, hes been starting for the last 3 or 4 games. We could also send Hackett to them free of charge.

Last edited by Steve L*: 01-13-2004 at 12:18 AM.
Old
01-13-2004, 12:11 AM
blah

Grahme, his play and Bulin's 6.5 mil team option is the reason everybody is speculating that he might be available.

Old
01-13-2004, 01:32 AM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Good one.

Old
01-13-2004, 01:33 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
Good one.
Thank you.

Old
01-13-2004, 05:25 AM
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Grahame, hes been starting for the last 3 or 4 games.
I sure hope so. Tampa's loss would certainly be our gain.

Old
01-13-2004, 06:20 AM
Teezax

People seem to forget Hackett has a NTC, which means he ain't getting traded, and I don't see them moving Esche. The only thing I can see them doing is buying out Hackett and making him retire then finding the goalie they covet which in all means wont be any franchise ones. If i had to choose it would be Khabi, but realistically we'll be looking at Biron, Legace, or a Garon which would be very nice.

Old
01-13-2004, 01:53 PM
IronMarshal

Deadwood is the town in South Dakota where Wild Bill Hickock was gunned down from behind. Interestingly for some, I suppose, prostitution was legal there in the 80's. It may still be, for whatever thats worth.

Old
01-13-2004, 02:26 PM
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
People seem to forget Hackett has a NTC, which means he ain't getting traded, and I don't see them moving Esche. The only thing I can see them doing is buying out Hackett and making him retire then finding the goalie they covet which in all means wont be any franchise ones. If i had to choose it would be Khabi, but realistically we'll be looking at Biron, Legace, or a Garon which would be very nice.
People seem to forget that No Trade Clauses get bought out all the time. They are in place to ensure that a player doesn't get moved to a city without his permission. How many times have we seen a deal happen dependent upon a players approval? (ie. getting paid off)

Pretty much, if the Flyers really wanted to move Hackett it COULD be done.

Old
01-13-2004, 02:27 PM
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
Deadwood is the town in South Dakota where Wild Bill Hickock was gunned down from behind. Interestingly for some, I suppose, prostitution was legal there in the 80's. It may still be, for whatever thats worth.
Well, I can tell you that it's "Legal" over here in South Korea. The district Cop shops are right around the corner from most of the red light districts.

Old
01-13-2004, 03:52 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
None of those guys are a proven upgrade over the unproven Esche and proven bad Hackett.

Old
01-15-2004, 02:04 PM
IronMarshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash
Well, I can tell you that it's "Legal" over here in South Korea. The district Cop shops are right around the corner from most of the red light districts.
Do you trade kimchee for a little boom boom or what?

Closed Thread