HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's up with Hossa?

Old
10-25-2007, 01:04 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
Every post you made was negative towards the Rangers in some way. It's like you wake up on the wrong side of the bed on a daily basis.
optimists invented the airplane

pessimists invented the parachute

Would you like me to be happy with 5 points?

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 08:41 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Well, let's see - he was one of the three best Rangers tonight. Wreaking havoc in the offensive zone and even better in the D. With a minute to go, up by 2 trying to ward off the Debbies with the extra attacker on, who were the forwards Renney had out there? Shanny, Drury (I think - didn't see the number of the center) and... Hossa.

At what point are people going to stop with the inane "why doesn't he do this every night" (which I saw yet another handful of times in tonight's GDT) and realize that for almost the entire last calendar year it's been the exception when he DOESN'T play well. NOT the other way around.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Yup pretty much.

But don't bother arguing with the Hossa haters, they will always hate him..heck he could put up 20G/20A and they will still bash him.

Hossa does what he is asked, on any line. Hes getting pennies compared to half our team as well, but hey...he's not Marian and he was a first round pick so hes a joke if hes not putting up 40 goals and 30 assists each season to some.
I could live with that, but its probally not gonna happen.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 09:34 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
optimists invented the airplane

pessimists invented the parachute

Would you like me to be happy with 5 points?
LOL that made me laugh.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 09:51 PM
hawks35

another game hossa showed just how complete of a player he is in every way. He was an absolute star tonight. anyone who doesnt see how good he is really doesnt understand hockey.

hawks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
In The Flesh

Hossa is the strangest player, couple games he looks invisible, a game here he looks beasty, invisible, beasty, i guess I'll take it

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 10:07 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I'll tell you what isn't up with Hossa....his performance. Just another piece of the NYR 2007 Junk Puzzle.

I'm sorry, but the team this year makes me want to throw up.
wow, you must have just recently become a ranger fan, becuase if you would've seen some of the ranger teams of the past you would've killed yourself compared to wanting to throw up over this years team, wow, throw up, really??

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 06:04 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

If he plays as well as he did against NJ nothing. But, he doesn' always play his A game that's the beef I have with him. At this level it is always about playing your A game all the time.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 08:03 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Okay, when was the last time he didn't "bring his A game"? He was great in his last 15 games of last season before getting hurt. He was great in the POs before the injury cropped up again. This year, he was held out of the first two for reasons none of us know - then he went 3 straight with a point, was hurt again briefly, was one of our best players against Pittsburgh and would have gotten the second star tonight if Henrik hadn't recorded the SO.

So, again - when's the last time he "didn't bring his A game?"

I get so frustrated with this - I would be the first (okay, maybe more like the 3rd) to admit it if he stunk up the joint. But he continues to play well and the detractors continue to say "he's inconsistent." To be inconsistent, you have to have down games too. When was his last one?

People don't like him for some reason and continually bring up his up and down play from what is now getting on towards a year ago to justify their opinions. With every good game in a row, the last bad stretch gets further and further in the rearview mirror. When does he get credit for that?

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 10-26-2007 at 08:16 AM.
BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 08:47 AM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Am I the only one who saw Hossa play a great game last night? He was wonderful defensively and and put himself in the right places offensively. His aggressiveness last night was definitely a stress on the Devils from what I saw.

I don't get the hate. I really don't. To me it's more unjustified than the anti-Malik army. The guy has 3 points in 5 games and he's +1. What do you people want from him? Honestly. A hard-working defensively solid forward with size who has 3 points in 5 games and doesn't create a stir when he's benched?

Everyone can just hop off the anti-Hossa bandwagon right now before he makes you regret it later.

EDIT: Wow, like four posts in defense of Hossa while I was typing this...

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 08:50 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
Am I the only one who saw Hossa play a great game last night? He was wonderful defensively and and put himself in the right places offensively. His aggressiveness last night was definitely a stress on the Devils from what I saw.

I don't get the hate. I really don't. To me it's more unjustified than the anti-Malik army. The guy has 3 points in 5 games and he's +1. What do you people want from him? Honestly. A hard-working defensively solid forward with size who has 3 points in 5 games and doesn't create a stir when he's benched?

Everyone can just hop off the anti-Hossa bandwagon right now before he makes you regret it later.

EDIT: Wow, like four posts in defense of Hossa while I was typing this...
Agreed 100% I love Hossa. He accepts his role whether it's 1st liner or 4th liner, he just goes out, plays and does his job well.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 09:38 AM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
He missed a few games with a groin injury and just got back into the lineup last night. Didn't do anything noteworthy
Offensively, that is. He was our best penalty killer and hardest working forward on the back check.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote