HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Strudwick to Replace Callahan per Sam

Old
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
BREAKING NEWS:

New York.. The New York Rangers have signed Beetlejuice from the Howard Stern Show. Mr. Juice, a 4'7" right winger, is expected to play on the top line with Jaromir Jagr and Scott Gomez.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
BREAKING NEWS:

New York.. The New York Rangers have signed Beetlejuice from the Howard Stern Show. Mr. Juice, a 4'7" right winger, is expected to play on the top line with Jaromir Jagr and Scott Gomez.
Excuse me, can u post a valid link or source to this rumor, b4 posting bogus information

Last edited by Jay88*: 10-25-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 02:55 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I dunno what the big deal is about having Struds play 6 min one night.

1) Based on what I read (and I stress this is only reading - I haven't seen anything), the guys at HFD aren't exactly lighting the world on fire right now.

2) It's one game - if this in fact means that Cally will be back in a game or two, it's actually good news. Even if Cally is out for one or two weeks, the team could still call up a forward tomorrow and it will still be only one game with Strudwick at forward.

Now, if Strudwick plays 10 games (or even 3), I will be annoyed.
ZOMG!!1!!11 fair statements, get outta here!!

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 02:55 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Hey Fly take all the shoots you want at me and tough hockey but where the hell are the Jagrs and Drury and Shanahan's when it is time to knock players not getting it done? Well the hell is it always the Orr's, Strudwicks and Hollwegs taking crap? These are the gamers the guys that do their jobs and never get credit. I am sick and tired of it. Score a freaking goal Jagr. Make a pass that clicks Drury and take a hit Hossa to make a play then i would agree
That wasn't a shot at you at all. Im just saying after two games of not scoring a single goal, and having the worst offensive numbers in the league, don't you think its more imporant to score goals tonight rather worry about getting tough with a rival?

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 03:04 PM
eco's bones

Well beyond the scoring goal(s) problem--is the pk problem. The Rangers will need to stay out of the box--again--if that's possible. Playing a slow d-man on the 4th line--out of a position along with already one of the worst skaters in the league in Orr--moving Hollweg (who has worse hands even than Ortmeyer) up to the third with the refs clued in to call anything and everything on him courtesy of the commissioner. Hossa and his pulled groin can kill penalties and Shanny, Drury and Betts. Maybe Hollweg? Strudwick to kill penalties as a forward? How many do we need anyway?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Strudwick is really just like Gretzky, you know, he just cant pass like gretz, or shoot like gretz, or skate like an echler, or really do much of anything positive out there, except lead, and be somewhat tough i suppose...but isnt that what we have Shanny for?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
somewhat tough i suppose...but isnt that what we have Shanny for?
And Orr and Hollweg, and you can even say somewhat Dubinsky who is willing to get his nose dirty.

Old
10-25-2007, 03:55 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

I really don't care if Strudwick plays. What does it matter? We can't possibly get any worse, you can't go into negative goals. Sure, you could give up a lot more but with Henrik in net I wouldn't say that's happening, especially against the similar problem early Devils.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
That wasn't a shot at you at all. Im just saying after two games of not scoring a single goal, and having the worst offensive numbers in the league, don't you think its more imporant to score goals tonight rather worry about getting tough with a rival?
Yes and thats why we will win tonight 5-2 and Strudwick is scoring a goal. Enjoy the game i hope we win an we all can ease the tense around here

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 04:06 PM
beastly115

Hahah, did the title of this thread change? I read the first two pages trying to figure out why everyone was debating Bourret or Moore when it says in the title that Strudwick is getting the spot

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 04:08 PM
The Thomas J.*

I like Strudwick, lets see what happens, he gets a few games.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 04:09 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Hahah, did the title of this thread change? I read the first two pages trying to figure out why everyone was debating Bourret or Moore when it says in the title that Strudwick is getting the spot
yes it did, silly mods

Old
10-25-2007, 04:15 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Strudwick is really just like Gretzky, you know, he just cant pass like gretz, or shoot like gretz, or skate like an echler, or really do much of anything positive out there, except lead, and be somewhat tough i suppose...but isnt that what we have Shanny for?
Way to break it doen Freno. what about face offs? u left that out.

Old
10-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Sorry, the title changed as the updates kept changing. We figured that was better than leaving a thread titled "Moore or Bourrett to replace Callahan".

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Midnight85

Send a message via AIM to Midnight85 Send a message via MSN to Midnight85
Rangers to hold open try outs for all HF board members starting effective now.

Midnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

I'm going to hold off judgement until Saturday, but the longer they hold off calling up someone from Hartford, the more it makes me wonder why the organization is so unwilling to let the talent it keeps claiming to have amassed over the last 3 years get a chance to make a statement when injuries happen.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I like Strudwick, lets see what happens, he gets a few games.
I like Struds as well. But when a team is struggling to score and you have kids in the fram that are scoring down there that have potential to score up here you put them in, not Strudwick.

Old
10-25-2007, 05:16 PM
ThirdEye

Strudwick on offense is just

We don't need leadership right now, we need some damn goals. Strudwick is not going to provide us with that, period.

I can live with it, but it's just a really bad decision

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 05:29 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Strudwick is playing to provide "sandpaper" against the Devils... How silly you all are!

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 06:16 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
scoring is always important since you can't win without it, but I wanna see some people get mad tonight and smash some faces, hit em hard, they'll back up and then we go in for the kill (the goal).

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Renney is realllly pushing his luck with me... not that Im anybody.. just saying.

This team couldnt score at the bunny ranch with a suitcase full of unmarked bills.

Strudwick, now HE's what we've been looking for!

He and Renney must have some kind of domestic partnership... this guy's not good enough for any other NHL team to give him time last year... but now he's gonna get ice time when we couldnt score a goal on a damned Soccer net!

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 06:26 PM
dank

if it is just for tonight... then fine..

if it's the long-term solution then i totally agree with all you spur of the moment Renney-haters..

let's just see..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
if it is just for tonight... then fine..

if it's the long-term solution then i totally agree with all you spur of the moment Renney-haters..

let's just see..
I agree. I can understand the decision today since Strudwick was the only player in reserve.

The question is, when is a call-up going to come? Pack plays games tomorrow and Saturday. No chance Renney's going to ride Strudwick through the weekend, right?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 07:50 PM
The Big Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
Why put a young energetic foward who is playing great hockey in the AHL when you have Strudwick, cause we all know Strudwick will make a huge difference. instead of putting in Bourett, Korpikoski or Moore.
Because there would be no point in calling up a player to play 5min of hockey and be stuck on the fourth line with orr and betts..... Moore and Bouret would Develop better playing top two lines in Hartford.... We shouldn't call someone up, for the sake of calling someone up....

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 08:28 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Apple View Post
Because there would be no point in calling up a player to play 5min of hockey and be stuck on the fourth line with orr and betts..... Moore and Bouret would Develop better playing top two lines in Hartford.... We shouldn't call someone up, for the sake of calling someone up....
whoever got called up would actually be on the 3rd line with prucha and dubinsky and hollweg wouldn't have jumped from the 4th line to the 3rd line...

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote