HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Canadiens' Minor League Report

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Joe Malone

vCash: 500
Canadiens' Minor League Report

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=3371

A long article about the Bulldogs, from Canadiens.com.

Here's a part of it:

Two talents who would appear to be drawing raves with more regularity, on the other hand, are the defensive tandem of Ron Hainsey and Francois Beauchemin. Hainsey has been almost as hot as Perezhogin of late, collecting nine points in his last ten games and registering a plus-6 differential during that span. At plus-12 overall, he’s second on the club behind Balej and tied for 16th in the league with eight other players.

Beauchemin’s pair of assists on Saturday, meanwhile, pushed him to the 20-point plateau for the second time in his four AHL seasons. He now ranks among the league’s Top 10 scorers for defensemen, and leads all rearguards with 127 shots on goal, eight behind Balej for the team lead.

Old
01-12-2004, 02:46 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=3371

A long article about the Bulldogs, from Canadiens.com.

Here's a part of it:

Two talents who would appear to be drawing raves with more regularity, on the other hand, are the defensive tandem of Ron Hainsey and Francois Beauchemin. Hainsey has been almost as hot as Perezhogin of late, collecting nine points in his last ten games and registering a plus-6 differential during that span. At plus-12 overall, he’s second on the club behind Balej and tied for 16th in the league with eight other players.

Beauchemin’s pair of assists on Saturday, meanwhile, pushed him to the 20-point plateau for the second time in his four AHL seasons. He now ranks among the league’s Top 10 scorers for defensemen, and leads all rearguards with 127 shots on goal, eight behind Balej for the team lead.
Great to see!!

Old
01-13-2004, 04:27 AM
Darz

Check out the pic of Michaud.

When is the last time you saw a goalie where a number in the #90's

#95 looks weird on a goalie. But hey that's me. I'm still getting used to a goalie wearing #60, so....

Old
01-13-2004, 04:34 AM
Gros Bill

Thanks for the info, Joe. I especially like the fact that Perezhogin is coming into his own, while catching up to Chris Higgins in the scoring department. Two rooks in the top-ten for scoring : very nice to see.

Old
01-13-2004, 04:38 AM
PrairieHabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz

#95 looks weird on a goalie. But hey that's me. I'm still getting used to a goalie wearing #60, so....
I remember when Michaud wore 95 when he did so well in that game against the Oilers a few years ago. I'm surprised he stayed with the number. These days, though, goalies are becoming more original with their numbers (sometimes out of necessity due to retired numbers). Some examples:

47: John Grahame
43: Martin Biron
80: Kevin Weekes

Those are a few that come to mind.

Old
01-13-2004, 04:51 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz

Me too Darz. I guess I'm from the "old school".

Darryl Sutter made rookie Matt Lombardi change his number this year. He said the number Lombardi had chosen, (47 I think), was a stock car number, and gave him 18 instead.

Old
01-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Cariboux

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieHabber
I remember when Michaud wore 95 when he did so well in that game against the Oilers a few years ago. I'm surprised he stayed with the number. These days, though, goalies are becoming more original with their numbers (sometimes out of necessity due to retired numbers). Some examples:

47: John Grahame
43: Martin Biron
80: Kevin Weekes

Those are a few that come to mind.
I remember that in the Q, Martin Biron was wearing #00 and it was very weird to see

Closed Thread