HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Vapor X Shaft Info needed

Old
10-21-2007, 03:28 PM
slackerracker

vCash: 500
Bauer Vapor X Shaft Info needed

I have had one of these shafts sitting around for a little over 2 years never used and wanted to use it but I'm looking for a little information on the shaft so i know what blade to buy. I haven't bought a blade in awhile and I'm not sure if i need a tapered blade or just a regular blade with this shaft.

Also are ABS blades the only ones that last for awhile outdoor(on a smooth surface)? or do the fiberglass ones last for a decent amount of time playing about once a week not overly heavy use.

It's been awhile since I started buying equipment or playing this game again so any help is appreciated

slackerracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 03:34 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackerracker View Post
I have had one of these shafts sitting around for a little over 2 years never used and wanted to use it but I'm looking for a little information on the shaft so i know what blade to buy. I haven't bought a blade in awhile and I'm not sure if i need a tapered blade or just a regular blade with this shaft.

Also are ABS blades the only ones that last for awhile outdoor(on a smooth surface)? or do the fiberglass ones last for a decent amount of time playing about once a week not overly heavy use.

It's been awhile since I started buying equipment or playing this game again so any help is appreciated
ABS blades definitely last the longest outdoors, the Fiberglass will last for a bit but once that bottom piece wears down the stick becomes useless. IDK much about the shaft though sry

McNasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 03:48 PM
slackerracker

it's ok thanks for the response. I was figuring since i'll be using it only once a week or so and the rink is pretty smooth that the fiberglass will atleast last me a decent amount of time.

slackerracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackerracker View Post
I haven't bought a blade in awhile and I'm not sure if i need a tapered blade or just a regular blade with this shaft.
The Bauer X shaft should take regular blades. Bauer shafts usually denote themselves with a .620" (standard) or .520" (tapered) connection.

I've had good experience with cheaper CCM blades with outdoor surfaces.

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote