vCash: 500
Jeff Pyle-Gwinnett Gladiators

hockeynut47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2007, 10:34 PM
TheCinBin

Send a message via AIM to TheCinBin
Hey hockeynut ... I'm Sonic from the CincySportsHistory board ... remember, you used to post there about Lisabeth?

TheCinBin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2007, 10:49 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Hockeynut, I think you're a little biased. lol I'm Geoff from ITB and Hockey_Junkie_13 from The Five Hole.

Active coach based on past accomplishments: John Marks (call me Biased but look at his record)
Current coach: I would say Flemming or Pyle but show me a Kelly Cup. Martinson won the Colonial Cup last season and has a long line of success.

All in all, I don't think you can pick the best coach. There are too many factors: management, skill of players sent down by affiliates, number of call ups, injuries, etc. There's just too much to go HE IS THE BEST.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 02:20 PM
hockeynut47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky born Pilot View Post
Hockeynut, I think you're a little biased. lol I'm Geoff from ITB and Hockey_Junkie_13 from The Five Hole.

Active coach based on past accomplishments: John Marks (call me Biased but look at his record)
Current coach: I would say Flemming or Pyle but show me a Kelly Cup. Martinson won the Colonial Cup last season and has a long line of success.

All in all, I don't think you can pick the best coach. There are too many factors: management, skill of players sent down by affiliates, number of call ups, injuries, etc. There's just too much to go HE IS THE BEST.
Hey Geoff,
You are probably right. I am biased. Actually I would have to say Malcolm Cameron is the best coach right now... or maybe the luckiest. I don't know which.... Tough season this year for the Ice Pilots. Either way, us Gladiator fans love our coach and want to keep him. Even if we don't have a Kelly Cup....

hockeynut47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 03:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Cameron or Chuck Weber would be my guess. Cameron did a great job turning around a bad Long Beach team a few years back and Weber has a 2nd year team sitting 2nd overall in the ECHL despite constant callups of both his goalies and their top defensemen.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Blackhawk

My father in law had a couple of nice chats with Coach Sparks a few weeks ago when they were in Beaumont for a series with the Wildcatters. The Pilots were staying at the same hotel and one morning he talked at length with my father in law. He asked about their tour bus and he grabbed a napkin and started drawing diagrams of the interior for him!!! The inlaws loved the guy...

Blackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 12:55 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Marks is awesome, IMO. He's a great guy when I've talked to him a few times. A few Pilots fans rip on him a little as a joke as he has made a few post game comments where he hasn't sounded completely sober. lol

He claims we'll have a good team next year but I am again a little skeptical. Although this year is a little different as he has had a whole season to scout for a team that he nows he will be in charge of next season (last season he wasn't sure if he'd be back in the SPHL, retired, or somewhere else and the season before he wasn't sure if he'd even have an ECHL team but did a good job with the players he brought into the SPHL).

I'm gonna stop here before I get into the players because this thread is supposed to be about the coaches.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
WanderingCapsFan

Gotta believe it's Malcolm Cameron. The only guy to win in the recent past to win in LB (I was there to watch it fall apart), and look at Texas.

WanderingCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 08:12 PM
dafranchz

I'd throw one in for Cameron.

dafranchz is offline   Reply With Quote