HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Marty-Cory Debate Camp Part VII: Enter at your own risk

Old
03-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

vCash: 500
Marty-Cory Debate Camp Part VII: Enter at your own risk

Previous Edition: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1622529

Continue....

*** Mod Note ***

Tired of this endless and pointless circular thread? Click on the IGNORE THREAD option on the far right of the title [x] -- or if you lack the willpower to stay away ask to be threadbanned and a Mod will do you the favor and it will all go away like a bad dream.

- Keep it civil, there will be zero tolerance for flaming, offensive language or any other blatant violations of standard board rules. No official warnings. This is your warning.

- This discussion starts and ends here. GDTs are for game day, pre-game, in game and post game banter. Any poster/posts identified as possibly trying to incite the Marty vs Cory in a GDT, will be infracted. Repeat offenders beware.

- Of course Marty and Cory can be discussed as individual players as they pertain to the team in the General Team discussion thread. But do not debate there their situation, bring it here.

- If you think another poster is trolling, report the post. Publicly calling another poster a "troll" is considered flaming. Note that having a different opinion is not trolling.

Whether you're a Marty backer or Cory fanatic, just don't forget you are all still NJ Devils fans, as we all are and the success of either player leads to the success of our favorite team. And if all else fails, just be cool man/woman, be cool.

03-26-2014, 10:32 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Marty is Better Than Cory.

Cory is Better Than Marty.

Discuss.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 11:09 AM
billingtons ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Marty is Better Than Cory.

Cory is Better Than Marty.

Discuss.
I disagree with you on both points of your argument.

billingtons ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 11:11 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Right now it seems to have morphed into a whether all goalies are a dime a dozen argument lol.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Marty in against the Coyotes... okay then.

Cheddabombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Marty playing a Phoenix ... LOLOLOLOL

Hear that ? That's the sound of out almost no existent playoff hopes hitting the bottom of the trash can .. Deboer is a joke

Let's play a below average goalie over one of the better goalies in the NHL

Marty will just complain and get a start anyway .. What a joke . He needs to leave at the end of the year . Don't want him back period . I don't care if he will pay us to play

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

I had to double check to see if we were playing a back-to-back on Friday after the Coyotes game, but nope. I get Marty played really well against the Rags but if wins were the deciding factor in who starts as they were before, then Schneider should start no? I still believe in Marty and think he'll play well against Phoenix, it's more up to the players in front of him that will decide the game, but still it's a head-scratching move (big shocker) by Deboer.

Old
03-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
I had to double check to see if we were playing a back-to-back on Friday after the Coyotes game, but nope. I get Marty played really well against the Rags but if wins were the deciding factor in who starts as they were before, then Schneider should start no? I still believe in Marty and think he'll play well against Phoenix, it's more up to the players in front of him that will decide the game, but still it's a head-scratching move (big shocker) by Deboer.
Head scratching ???

Its a ****ing retarded move by Deboer

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 11:32 AM
vtdevils2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post

Hear that ? That's the sound of out almost no existent playoff hopes hitting the bottom of the trash can .. Deboer is a joke

Marty will just complain and get a start anyway .. What a joke . He needs to leave at the end of the year . Don't want him back period . I don't care if he will pay us to play
Marty has played well since the break, no denying that BUT when it was about winning games, people were willing to look past him giving up 4-5 goals a game (1 or 2 of which were softies) because he was "winning" and Cory who was giving up a goal or two a game and not winning didn't satisfy others and Pete since its all about "the wins," Now, the roles have been in reverse the past week or two with Cory being the one winning and giving up 2,3,4 goals a game and Marty losing the tough ones.

Was it truly about "winning?" Because if so, why isn't Cory the one in net Thursday and here on out since he's the one "winning?"

vtdevils2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Quote:
Head scratching ???

Its a ****ing retarded move by Deboer
Ahaha to put it bluntly, yes it is. We should be used to this by now though, unfortunately.

Old
03-26-2014, 11:42 AM
tycobb

Pete has started Marty about 20 more times than I would have started him this year. It is Pete's job on the line so I don't even care anymore.

tycobb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:02 PM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mory Schneideur
Right, but this is how ridiculous some of the Cory crowd and their incessant "Cory has to play all the games!" crap is right now....

Marty has allowed 13 GA in his last 5 GP, is 2-3. Had 2 Games where he allowed 1GA in that stretch.
Cory had allowed 20 GA in his last 5 GP, is 2-3. Had 1 game where he allowed less than 3GA. The others? 4, 7, 4, 3...

Marty plays one of the best games any goalie on this team has played all season when we lost 2-0 against the Rags, Cory wins a pair if games where we pretty much won in spite of him... Yet people say let's ride the Cory train and bench Marty ... Lol, you can't make this stuff up.
The above has to be one of the most blatantly hypocritical things I've read on this board in a long while...

GameSeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSeven View Post
The above has to be one of the most blatantly hypocritical things I've read on this board in a long while...

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:06 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Wait, I thought it was all about playing the hot hand? Or was it playing the cold hand? Or is it just random ****?

Luke3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:08 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Gee I wish Pete had given Cory that same benefit of the doubt when the offense wasn't scoring for him. You can't deny the double standard now.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:22 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

This is another reason why Pete needs to be fired and Marty should not be welcomed back next year. I knew he would **** with the goalie situation. I wish Cory complained publicly like the last time he did the last time Pete pulled this ****.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:

come back here after the game when "below average goalie" stands on his head. This fairy tale about Marty is preposterous - if he hasn't proved that he can still play in the NHL at this point in the season then you're obviously choosing not to look at this objectively.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
come back here after the game when "below average goalie" stands on his head. This fairy tale about Marty is preposterous - if he hasn't proved that he can still play in the NHL at this point in the season then you're obviously choosing not to look at this objectively.
how many times has Marty "stood on his head" for a win this year?

Old
03-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:

???

Marty just came off possibly the best performance either goalie has put up all season. You need to chill out with this stuff man.

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mory Schneideur View Post
???

Marty just came off possibly the best performance either goalie has put up all season. You need to chill out with this stuff man.
and he lost.

according to you (as shown a few posts above), all that matters is wins and losses.

Old
03-26-2014, 12:48 PM
ajdevjet
Now keep # 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
dont matter marty can have a 55 save shutout thursday and I'll bet some experts here will still complain....it's sad

ajdevjet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:49 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
how many times has Marty "stood on his head" for a win this year?
@ Philly two weeks ago is the only one I can think of this season where he was consistently excellent all game, despite the Grossman goal being arguably the worst one we've let in all season.

Other than that he had quite a few "solid" wins and a few games we won in spite of him.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtdevils2k View Post
Marty has played well since the break, no denying that BUT when it was about winning games, people were willing to look past him giving up 4-5 goals a game (1 or 2 of which were softies) because he was "winning" and Cory who was giving up a goal or two a game and not winning didn't satisfy others and Pete since its all about "the wins," Now, the roles have been in reverse the past week or two with Cory being the one winning and giving up 2,3,4 goals a game and Marty losing the tough ones.

Was it truly about "winning?" Because if so, why isn't Cory the one in net Thursday and here on out since he's the one "winning?"
DUDE!!!! The difference is Cory was doing it over a mind numbing amount of games, where even Cory-backers began to question why the hell he couldn't win a game. Rolling with the hot hand means go with the guy who is winning and/or playing better... not go with the guy who got lucky and won 2 games. ITS 2 FREAKING GAMES and you guys are going nuts already. Marty played one of the best games anyone in net for us has played this year last game and we should bench him for the remainder because... Cory "won" a pair of games???? Is this for real? You guys are taking this to such extremes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSeven View Post
Good job at pulling stuff way out of context, you have an excellent career in the tabloids. When I was saying that Marty was getting us a bunch of wins and Cory was getting us nothing. Now Cory blows and "wins" 2 games and suddenly everyone is gonna go HAM and dig up posts from 6 months ago? Ok then

(mod)

Anyways, so Marty is starting... whats the big deal? Why the heck should we roll with a Cory who has been consistently letting in 3-4+ goals since break over Marty who's been rather solid? If you ask me, alternate them. If Cory wins games 7-6 I don't care as long as its a win and if Marty loses 1-0, c'est la vie, but at least we know we can count on him.

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 03-26-2014 at 01:06 PM. Reason: don't make it personal
Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 01:05 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Gee I wish Pete had given Cory that same benefit of the doubt when the offense wasn't scoring for him. You can't deny the double standard now.
If I were Cory, I'd be counting the days until I could leave this team...

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 01:06 PM
Richer's Ghost
You are reading this

vCash: 425
I hate this place, nothing works here, I've been here for 7 years.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote