HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are We becoming the best Organization in NHL?

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2004, 06:24 AM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
Are We becoming the best Organization in NHL?

in terms of talent we have very high potetial talent in NHL, and minor leagues I can't think of any other team with so much talent waiting in wing considering we are already playing unbelievable hockey in NHL now, this lend us great foundation for a decade atleast, before I though it was just rebuilding plan but now i'm thinking we could be franchise team in very few years, easily surpassing many talented but old team, at NHL level Calgary is the only team comparable in terms of turn around but they don't have as good of a young talent waiting in farm as we do, if plan continues I'm thinking best is yet to come as guys like Dagenais, Ribeiro weren't even considered good prospects and knowing we still have so many bluechippers yet to come, can any other team compete with us in terms of young talent to build team??

Old
01-18-2004, 06:43 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
in terms of talent we have very high potetial talent in NHL, and minor leagues I can't think of any other team with so much talent waiting in wing considering we are already playing unbelievable hockey in NHL now, this lend us great foundation for a decade atleast, before I though it was just rebuilding plan but now i'm thinking we could be franchise team in very few years, easily surpassing many talented but old team, at NHL level Calgary is the only team comparable in terms of turn around but they don't have as good of a young talent waiting in farm as we do, if plan continues I'm thinking best is yet to come as guys like Dagenais, Ribeiro weren't even considered good prospects and knowing we still have so many bluechippers yet to come, can any other team compete with us in terms of young talent to build team??
Too soon to tell IMO.

Old
01-18-2004, 06:44 AM
mcphee

We've improved, we have every reason to be optimistic. Before going any farther than that, take a deep breath and relax. We have a ways to go, before we evaluate the team as a consistent contender along with the Avs,Wings and Senators.

Old
01-18-2004, 06:47 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
We've improved, we have every reason to be optimistic. Before going any farther than that, take a deep breath and relax. We have a ways to go, before we evaluate the team as a consistent contender along with the Avs,Wings and Senators.
How come you left the Devils out? Just wondering.............

Old
01-18-2004, 06:58 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Devils should be in that group for sure.

Old
01-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Prospects

I can tell you right now if the Canadiens aren't #1 in this years orginizational prospect rankings then something is very wrong. If you combine that with the current team on the ice we have to be on of the top organizations.

Unbiased Canadian

Old
01-18-2004, 07:58 AM
Habber

Talent waiting in the wings is only part of the equation. Even if Colorado doesn't have much talent in their system, they still have Forsberg, Tanguay, Hejduk, Morris, Skoula who are all young and will be there awhile.

Old
01-18-2004, 09:08 AM
biggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
i think florida is starting to build something nice and is going to be a team along with the habs in a few years on top of the east

Old
01-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Cariboux

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie
i think florida is starting to build something nice and is going to be a team along with the habs in a few years on top of the east
Colombus is starting to have a great team too with Nash, Zherdev, Leclaire and they are going to draft very high in the next draft

Old
01-18-2004, 02:49 PM
goalchenyuk

the team has a good sequence in the last 10 games and we already talk about better organisation , Souray for the Norris, Julien for the best coach , Theo for the Vezina and the Hart , Ryder for the Calder and Souray for the best coming back by a player...i think that there is something pathetic about that ...

Old
01-18-2004, 03:33 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
No reason, just forgot them, that happens to me sometimes.

Old
01-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Marchy79

I think the habs have always been one of the best organizations to play for, However, the fact that we haven't been a winning team for the past few years has given other teams some time at the top... We'll be back once again, because we finally got:

A) the front office back to being a top shelf level in skill... (I.E. Gainey, Savard, Gauthier, etc.) are IMHO, the smartest Hockey Brain trust organization assembled right now, and each feed off eachothers strength's and weaknesses... I sincerely thank Andre Savard for not having too big an ego to leave after Gainey got his job... I honestly feel he will do wonders when it comes to drafting...

B) Talent: Every top team needs talent and a story line in order to get where they need to be... and also, they need to struggle for a while. The habs have done so... The others have as well... But talent is ultimately where it all lies at the end of the day... Right now, we have tonnes of talent being brewed in the minors/overseas... And our shelf only gets more full after June... I honestly feel if we have a serious injury (just an example... say Dag's is out for the season) we might very well be the only team in the league who can fill the spot with our own talent... I almost have to say that trading is slowly becoming a thing of the past, unless we are clear cut winners, there is simply no point in taking the risk, knowing that we potentially have 3 future 30 + goalscorers in the minors/overseas... and that's just in terms of who's close to being ready to jump in...

C) Leadership/Heart: Koivu, Souray, Theo, Rivet, Zednik, Juneau, Quintal, Begin... (just to name a few ) all are players who WILL give everything they got in order to get the W... Others are coming, I really think in this department we are not lacking whatsoever... The heartless guys are slipping away and being pushed off by guys who are not only blessed with talent... But are willing to do anything to stay in the NHL, and ultijmately, to win the Stanley cup

Other teams may have pieces, but it's the entire package Savard has built that makes us more impressive...

Closed Thread