HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cowards

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2004, 05:45 PM
capn89*

vCash: 500
Cowards

I was going to call this thread "*******" but I didn't think it's sit too well with the filter.

Virtually every player on this team is a complete coward, and I'm losing my faith in Hitchcock. In a game like this, you send that no-talent SOB Brashear on the ice, and you tell him "kill someone, or you're benched." Not to mention, if I was Therien, and was thrown out of the game because of the award winning performance by Satan, I would have jumped on the ice, and killed the mother ****er for the hell of it, I mean ****, what is there to lose? He's already gone from the game. The sticks were high as hell, the officiating is horrible, and Buffalo is dirty. Gagne, late in the game takes a cross check in the back, turns around and the Sabre drops the gloves first (instigator)...

The only message sent at the end of the game was "please daddy, don't hurt me" when they should have been saying, "*****, who's your daddy?" I don't give a **** about the instigator rule, what difference will it make if 4 or 5 guys get suspended, they're not doing anything out there to begin with.

I can't wait to see the Flyers ***** smacked by Tie (chicken ****) Domi and the rest of the Maple Leaf scum bags. In fact, I hope this slump never ends, and maybe Flyers fans will coup the Flyers organization eliminating Ed Schneider & Bob Clarke, and perhaps get some people in here who know how to build a championship team... In my opinon, Clarke has had plenty of time to make something happen, and he hasn't. Look at the Eagles, they had a plan... They sucked, started over, and look at them now, on the verge of a championship.

Old
01-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Rex88

Well at least Gags, Rex, and Comrie tried to defend themselves and mix it up.
JR could not because he would just get hit again in the face with a stick.
I agree that Hitch has to have Brash and Feds on the ice ALOT in the last ten mins to run a few guys and send a message. The other guys on the team are not great at it except JR who was tossed.
Again - they need Primeau and/or Lappy to get back - that is their type of job on this team. I also would get Bylsma off waivers and play him and bench Leclair or Amonte.

Old
01-13-2004, 06:35 PM
RoDu

start trading away dead weight on this team, evan if it's for a bag of pucks, get some kids in here who actually want to be here and show up

Old
01-14-2004, 04:54 AM
MojoJojo

I agree we arent playing tough enough.

I disagree that it is time to dismantle. The team is slumping, as all teams do. Be patient, this isnt the playoffs yet, and they have time to work this out.

Old
01-14-2004, 05:01 AM
wasting time

I have not seen any of the slumping Flyer games, but one thing that would concern me is this whole mutiny thing.

A mutiny against a systems-first coach is the worst kind because that style requires the greatest amount of discipline and self-less play. It also requires the greatest amount of team cohesion.

It did not take much time at all in Dallas for Hitchcock to go from Stanley Cup winning coach to on the street. Once the players refuse to buy-in then its over.

The Toronto series will be good hockey. I am expecting some real offensive displays even though more than $20 million is in the Toronto press box.

Old
01-14-2004, 05:43 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
start trading away dead weight on this team, evan if it's for a bag of pucks, get some kids in here who actually want to be here and show up
No need to spend more money, we can just call up these guys:

http://www.phillyflyers.com/PlayerFull.asp?N=1159
Bring him up, send Brash down.

Another goalie

Has heart and doesn't let every puck in.

Hell, I bring up the whole damn Phantoms roster.

Closed Thread