HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Bryan Hall at the Oilers Game Last Night!

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2004, 05:02 AM
Scorpion88

vCash: 500
Bryan Hall at the Oilers Game Last Night!

Did anyone else at the game last night notice that when they showed Bryan Hall on the big screen everyone in the crowd started to boo. They quickly changed the screen but for about five seconds a fairly loud boo was quite obvious. Anyone think Mr. Hall has over stayed his welcome and is finally done in this town?

Old
01-14-2004, 05:54 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
oh god, we can only hope that is the case!!!!!

Old
01-14-2004, 06:20 AM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion88
Did anyone else at the game last night notice that when they showed Bryan Hall on the big screen everyone in the crowd started to boo. They quickly changed the screen but for about five seconds a fairly loud boo was quite obvious. Anyone think Mr. Hall has over stayed his welcome and is finally done in this town?
I don't think many people like Bryan Hall to begin with, he doesn't care, he is too stupid to care.

Old
01-14-2004, 07:00 AM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion88
I sure hope so. I saw the guy at the Eskimo's championship parade, and he was a huge jackass. This one man tried to compliment Hall, called him a "champion broadcaster like the champion eskimos." The man also told Bryan Hall he had taken some broadcasting courses with him. Bryan Hall ignored the guy the entire time.

Last edited by The Rage: 01-14-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old
01-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
I sure hope so. I saw the guy at the Eskimo's championship parade, and he was huge jackass. This one man tried to compliment Hall, called him a "champion broadcaster like the champion eskimos." The man also told Bryan Hall he had taken some broadcasting courses with him. Bryan Hall ignored the guy he entire time.
Easily the most obnoxious pinhead in the city

Old
01-14-2004, 11:32 AM
CanmoreMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconius
Easily the most obnoxious pinhead in the city
I've already started boycotting Tony Roma's!

Maybe we should all pick a night to flood his show with comments and run his ASS out of town!

Old
01-14-2004, 11:34 AM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanmoreMike

Maybe we should all pick a night to flood his show with comments and run his ASS out of town!
That's a great idea. Sign me up.

Old
01-14-2004, 11:55 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

yeah he is insightful on hockey like george w bush is on canada.

Old
01-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanmoreMike

Sounds good to me

Old
01-14-2004, 12:32 PM
barto

It might be more effective to organize some kind of official boycott of the companies he advertises for, and to let those companies know WHY they're being boycotted, and to let CHED know that this is happening as well.

I can actually tolerate the guy on the morning show with his 5 minutes of rambling every half-hour (well, *most* of the time, anyway), but the 4-6 show is just too awful to listen to...all Bryan, all the time...or pretty close. It's too bad the CFL season doesn't last longer, as Sid Smith is MUCH easier to listen to when he takes over for BH when Hallsey goes on those road trips with the Eskies. <sigh>

Bart

Old
01-14-2004, 01:28 PM
bodydrop

vCash:
I have boycotted everything he advertises for 3 years now. He is a moron. With the emergence of Stauffer I dont know why anyone would listed to Hall. I know Stauffer has an idiot cohost but even Spector isnt 1/10th as bad as Hall.

Old
01-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Hydroponic Harold

DOES anyone actually listen to CHED ..besides your Gramma and Grampas.??????When i was in Edmonton it was K-Rock or 1260 The Fan for my sports fix .
If you guys think Hallsy is bad ( i do) ..try listening to the Canucks guy Tom Larscheid ...HOMER EXTRODINARIS without the promos though .

Old
01-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodydrop
I have boycotted everything he advertises for 3 years now. He is a moron. With the emergence of Stauffer I dont know why anyone would listed to Hall. I know Stauffer has an idiot cohost but even Spector isnt 1/10th as bad as Hall.

WHAT!?! Spector is one of the most respected and well liked writers in the city.

I have never heard anyone in the biz criticize him, EVER!

Guy

Old
01-14-2004, 02:10 PM
bodydrop

vCash:
I cant stand Spector.

Old
01-14-2004, 02:49 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
WHAT!?! Spector is one of the most respected and well liked writers in the city.

Guy

Old
01-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Master Lok

Quote:

Guy
I like Spector's trade rumors website...

Old
01-14-2004, 03:30 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
I like Spector's trade rumors website...
Not the same guy.

Old
01-14-2004, 04:15 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
Not the same guy.
Definitely NOT the same guy. That last rumor about Philly getting Salo and Brodziak and Smith for next to nothing had to have been emabarrassing for that site.

Old
01-14-2004, 04:33 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Definitely NOT the same guy. That last rumor about Philly getting Salo and Brodziak and Smith for next to nothing had to have been emabarrassing for that site.
I don't know why it would be. Spector just presents the rumours, collected from almost every hockey writer out there, and 95% of the time he flames them. That one in particular was a "from the mailbox" rumour, which Spector does not even comment on because they are not that important.

Old
01-14-2004, 07:20 PM
AVE MAN

I might be the only one, but I like Hallsy! I find him to be quite entertaining. Now in sayin that I can only listen to him for about 5-10min spurts. Spector I think is Great. Infact I could,t listen to Bobs show without Spec. Bob drives me nuts with his dumb rant about about how the oilers should be playing a Zone defense. He talks about it every 5 minutes, it's really quite annoying. The oilers are a puck pursuit team, zone d, doesn't work with "Oiler Hockey".

Old
01-14-2004, 07:26 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVE MAN
I might be the only one, but I like Hallsy! I find him to be quite entertaining. Now in sayin that I can only listen to him for about 5-10min spurts. Spector I think is Great. Infact I could,t listen to Bobs show without Spec. Bob drives me nuts with his dumb rant about about how the oilers should be playing a Zone defense. He talks about it every 5 minutes, it's really quite annoying. The oilers are a puck pursuit team, zone d, doesn't work with "Oiler Hockey".
Even if you like Hallsy, you got to hate the relentless shamless plugs, commercials, news updates and market reports. I swear, it seems to me only a third of the time is actually spend on sports talk.

Old
01-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
Even if you like Hallsy, you got to hate the relentless shamless plugs, commercials, news updates and market reports. I swear, it seems to me only a third of the time is actually spend on sports talk.
Couldn't be said better than that. Even the 1/3 of sports he does talk, he reads it off the wire. He acts as if he is the original writer of these pieces... You might as well get home, log into TSN.ca or something and get the exact same information word per word. And then Hallsy will take one caller, who will make a valid point, and Hallsy will be, "It doesn't matter about back then... what matters is NOW!!!" and cut the caller off. And what bugs me is that all year, he doesn't mention anything about the Yankees. Yet the Yankees win Game 7 of the ALCS and are going to the World Series, he acts as if he is the number one fan... "My Yankees!" He probably couldn't name anyone other than Jeter. This guy is a joke, I'm surprised he still has a job.

Old
01-14-2004, 08:16 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
And what bugs me is that all year, he doesn't mention anything about the Yankees. Yet the Yankees win Game 7 of the ALCS and are going to the World Series, he acts as if he is the number one fan... "My Yankees!"
I hate that Yankees stuff too. I think we all have that friend(s) who is only a fan of a team when they win.

Old
01-15-2004, 03:37 AM
Mr Sakich

a few years ago, I lived in the chuck and I was one of the only people to read the Globe and Mail. It wasn't delivered to your door and it didn't have a western printing so you couldn't get hockey scores that didn't finish before 10:00 EST. The business section was the reason I read it.

They had some good sports columnists. Hallsie would read there ideas out loud, verbaitum, and not give credit to them. He plagurized their ideas. He would say things like "you know what I hear," ... then read a paragraph. I finally called 630 ched management and they must have spoken with him because he didn't do it as much after that.

IMO, he is the worst sports braodcaster I have ever listened to.

Old
01-15-2004, 06:39 AM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
a few years ago, I lived in the chuck and I was one of the only people to read the Globe and Mail. It wasn't delivered to your door and it didn't have a western printing so you couldn't get hockey scores that didn't finish before 10:00 EST. The business section was the reason I read it.

They had some good sports columnists. Hallsie would read there ideas out loud, verbaitum, and not give credit to them. He plagurized their ideas. He would say things like "you know what I hear," ... then read a paragraph. I finally called 630 ched management and they must have spoken with him because he didn't do it as much after that.

IMO, he is the worst sports braodcaster I have ever listened to.

How do guys like this ever get jobs in the first place?

Closed Thread