HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bryan Hall at the Oilers Game Last Night!

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 10:13 AM
CanmoreMike

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconius
How do guys like this ever get jobs in the first place?
I was with someone for a couple of years and she had family who had tried to break it into the radio biz. They had horror stories, many, graffic horror stories. Thinking about what producers would ask them to do to get on the air was gross enough. Now I have to think about the same sleeze ball saying to Hall, "I can get you on the air, but what are you going to do for me?"

That said, let's never broach this subject of how Hallsie gets paid.

Mr Sakich - have you commented about the Hall's plagarism here before? I have heard that comment in the past and I don't know whether it was you or someone else who said it. Just wondering - then I can give proper credit!

Old
01-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanmoreMike
I was with someone for a couple of years and she had family who had tried to break it into the radio biz. They had horror stories, many, graffic horror stories. Thinking about what producers would ask them to do to get on the air was gross enough. Now I have to think about the same sleeze ball saying to Hall, "I can get you on the air, but what are you going to do for me?"

That said, let's never broach this subject of how Hallsie gets paid.

Mr Sakich - have you commented about the Hall's plagarism here before? I have heard that comment in the past and I don't know whether it was you or someone else who said it. Just wondering - then I can give proper credit!
I have read comments from other guys saying the same thing. As for my specific reference to the Globe and Mail, I think I posted it once before. If you can remember that, then you are a lot younger than me. I have no short term memory left.

As for my specific reference to the Globe and Mail, i posted it once before.

Old
01-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Oiler94

Send a message via MSN to Oiler94
Imagine being locked in a rom with Don Cherry and Bryan Hall

Old
01-15-2004, 03:12 PM
SunshinesDad

I listen to Ched but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponic Harold
DOES anyone actually listen to CHED ..besides your Gramma and Grampas.??????When i was in Edmonton it was K-Rock or 1260 The Fan for my sports fix .
If you guys think Hallsy is bad ( i do) ..try listening to the Canucks guy Tom Larscheid ...HOMER EXTRODINARIS without the promos though .
It is because the reception here in Red Deer of 1260 is terrible most of the day.

Last edited by SunshinesDad: 01-15-2004 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Error
Old
01-15-2004, 04:17 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
Even if you like Hallsy, you got to hate the relentless shamless plugs, commercials, news updates and market reports. I swear, it seems to me only a third of the time is actually spend on sports talk.
That's not as bad as Cherry's grapevine. You don't even know where the commercials start and the sports talk resumes they go back and forth so fast. Its like the guy doesn't even break the sentance "The canucks are doing so well and Tim's Value Drug Mart is having a sale on all hardwood polishes. Get em while they're hot!! Also on sale - quarter inch plywood with Dan Cloutier really sucking it up and giving his team a chance to pot that winning goal."

Closed Thread