HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

First Game In A Year

Old
10-31-2007, 04:28 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
First Game In A Year

Wow, so I've actually kept in pretty good shape, but haven't been able to play due to a mix of injuries as well as moving to a new city. Finally got out for a game yesterday and wow did a lot of the stuff I used to be able to do fade. I tried little dekes here and there that used to work but they fell short, the puck kept rolling off my blade. The only positive initially was that I was still solid enough defensively that I could just sit back and prevent offensive chances and just pass it out.

Mind you I'm a forward...so sitting back in the defensive zone isn't exactly great.

It took over an hour for me to finally get my legs, and even then it was just out racing people to the puck and power forwarding my way around people.

I'm just amped to get back into hockey...man I hope my hands come back because I must've hit 30 posts last night.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote