HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM/NYI Proposal.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2004, 11:23 AM
  #1
Isles4cups
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In Stanley Kubrick's Universe.
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
EDM/NYI Proposal.

[COLOR=DarkRed]
To Edmonton-Peca
Hammer
Kvasha
To Islanders-Smyth
Laraque
Brewer


Isels get scoring,Toughest winger in the league and young inexpensive D

Oilers get 2 way foward in Peca,Size in Kvasha and awesome D man in Hammer.


thoughts?



Isles4cups is offline  
Old
01-14-2004, 11:24 AM
  #2
IslesJack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to IslesJack Send a message via AIM to IslesJack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4cups
[COLOR=DarkRed]
To Edmonton-Peca
Hammer
Kvasha
To Islanders-Smyth
Laraque
Brewer


Isels get scoring,Toughest winger in the league and young inexpensive D

Oilers get 2 way foward in Peca,Size in Kvasha and awesome D man in Hammer.


thoughts?


No, Isles give up too much.

IslesJack is offline  
Old
01-14-2004, 11:28 AM
  #3
montysens
Registered User
 
montysens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
Too much $$$$$$$$$ for the Oil

montysens is offline  
Old
01-14-2004, 11:29 AM
  #4
Master Lok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,057
vCash: 500
And there's no way that Edmonton could afford Hamrlik and Peca's contracts. No possibly way. That trade is dead in the water.

Master Lok is offline  
Old
01-14-2004, 11:33 AM
  #5
Chayos
Registered User
 
Chayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesJack
No, Isles give up too much.
valuewise it is to much but this is the oil we are talking about they would never take that much payroll back. The reason this proposal is fair is that no one puts the rquired value on a hammer or peca with the uncertain economic times ahead, so their value just isn't where it should be based on their play.

Chayos is offline  
Old
01-14-2004, 11:33 AM
  #6
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Likewise, the deal makes no sense for Edmonton.. we add a bunch of payroll and get a lot older in the process as well. The Islanders are not going to get Brewer back..

Cerebral is online now  
Old
01-14-2004, 11:38 AM
  #7
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4cups
[COLOR=DarkRed]
To Edmonton-Peca
Hammer
Kvasha
To Islanders-Smyth
Laraque
Brewer


Isels get scoring,Toughest winger in the league and young inexpensive D

Oilers get 2 way foward in Peca,Size in Kvasha and awesome D man in Hammer.


thoughts?



I'd love to have R. Smyth,especially since he's signed so cheaply but I don't see the Oil moving him

and the budget tight nyi have been shopping Cairns this season because they think $1.3m(next yr's salary) is too much for an enforcer,so why are they willing to pay Laraque $2m?

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
01-14-2004, 06:46 PM
  #8
Isles4cups
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In Stanley Kubrick's Universe.
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Laraque

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
I'd love to have R. Smyth,especially since he's signed so cheaply but I don't see the Oil moving him

and the budget tight nyi have been shopping Cairns this season because they think $1.3m(next yr's salary) is too much for an enforcer,so why are they willing to pay Laraque $2m?

LaROCK is the toughest player in the league and after watching the Rangers have there way with the Isles all year. I want LaROCK !

Isles4cups is offline  
Old
01-14-2004, 07:26 PM
  #9
Seph
Registered User
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oregon
Country: South Korea
Posts: 16,100
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
to EDM:

Hamrlik (3.6m)
Kvasha (.8m)
3rd rounder 2004

to NYI:
Smyth (3.5m)
Smith (2.3m)


Isles add a good amount of size and grit to the lineup, both up front and on the backend. They also get great character players who play hard and give their all every night. Isles add a little salary, but with the dropped Nets bid and insurance money, it seems like they may be able to afford to.

Edmonton does this to shed a little salary (1.4million) while still acquiring a true #1 defenseman in getting Hamrlik back. They also get a guy with size who can skate, make plays, kill penaltis and play solid defense. Kvasha seems like he may be turning into a 50point or so player, and is young enough (25) to possibly still break out and become even more, especially on a skating team like Edmonton.

/edit: oops, mixed up which smyth was smith.


Last edited by Seph: 01-14-2004 at 07:38 PM.
Seph is offline  
Old
01-14-2004, 07:27 PM
  #10
OilerMania83
Registered User
 
OilerMania83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Spruce Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
How about a deal just for Laraque?

What would you be willing to give up for Big Georges?


How about Niinimaa ?

OilerMania83 is offline  
Old
01-14-2004, 07:36 PM
  #11
LaVal
Registered User
 
LaVal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,703
vCash: 500
imagine the Isles with Cairns, Godard, AND Laraque?

that's pretty damn scary

LaVal is offline  
Old
01-14-2004, 10:01 PM
  #12
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
to EDM:

Hamrlik (3.6m)
Kvasha (.8m)
3rd rounder 2004

to NYI:
Smyth (3.5m)
Smith (2.3m)


Isles add a good amount of size and grit to the lineup, both up front and on the backend. They also get great character players who play hard and give their all every night. Isles add a little salary, but with the dropped Nets bid and insurance money, it seems like they may be able to afford to.

Edmonton does this to shed a little salary (1.4million) while still acquiring a true #1 defenseman in getting Hamrlik back. They also get a guy with size who can skate, make plays, kill penaltis and play solid defense. Kvasha seems like he may be turning into a 50point or so player, and is young enough (25) to possibly still break out and become even more, especially on a skating team like Edmonton.

/edit: oops, mixed up which smyth was smith.
I would actually think long and hard about this offer.. losing Smyth would hurt but the Oilers have a lot of depth on the left wing. Hamrlik would really help our powerplay out (though Brewer looked great on the PP last night!) and help ease some of the pressure off of Brew..

Cerebral is online now  
Old
01-15-2004, 04:58 AM
  #13
DarkHorse
Go Banana!
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
imagine the Isles with Cairns, Godard, AND Laraque?

that's pretty damn scary
It would be pretty damn scary.
Two guys scratched and one too slow to keep up on D.

No thanks.

DarkHorse is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 06:07 AM
  #14
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerMania83
How about a deal just for Laraque?

What would you be willing to give up for Big Georges?


How about Niinimaa ?



doesnt matter how good an enforcer Laraque is.Isles would not be in the mix for a $2m a yr enforcer.

Fans will really miss Cairns next yr when they let him walk because they won't pay him the $1m-$1.3m he's due.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 10:29 AM
  #15
Seph
Registered User
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oregon
Country: South Korea
Posts: 16,100
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I would actually think long and hard about this offer.. losing Smyth would hurt but the Oilers have a lot of depth on the left wing. Hamrlik would really help our powerplay out (though Brewer looked great on the PP last night!) and help ease some of the pressure off of Brew..
Everyone wins! Now if only I had some way of making this happen...

Seph is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 10:46 AM
  #16
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 41,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerMania83
How about a deal just for Laraque?

What would you be willing to give up for Big Georges?


How about Niinimaa ?

How about a 4th round pick? That should be fair return for an enforcer who is that expensive.

__________________
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be OK.
Darth Milbury is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.