HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Time is right for a Cup run ...a good article that even Red Horner would like..

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2004, 07:43 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Time is right for a Cup run ...a good article that even Red Horner would like..

Time is right for a Cup run
Next season may be too late for Leafs

By STEVE SIMMONS -- Toronto Sun

The tiny window of opportunity for the Maple Leafs will be slightly ajar for five months and then it slams tightly shut.

One season to win the Stanley Cup. This season. And after that, who knows?

One season before the hockey world changes, before the Leafs payroll of about $60 million US is considered obscene, before too many of their contracts run out, before the competitive advantage of free agency doesn't work in their favour anymore.

The clock is ticking and to watch is fascinating in what has turned into another remarkable Toronto season, the sixth in a row for the Teflon boss Pat Quinn, the Mike Gartner and Dino Ciccarelli of coaches.

All he does is put up numbers. And once again, what numbers they are.

Read on:

http://www.canoe.com/Slam040113/col_simmons-sun.html

Old
01-14-2004, 08:54 AM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Who is that babe in your avatar?

Yum.

Old
01-14-2004, 08:57 AM
GD|eNSo

Hehe, I was wondering the same thing.

Old
01-14-2004, 09:09 AM
sluggo*

Thats Amber from the second Survivor series and shes also part of Survivor All-Star starting in Fed.

Old
01-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Red Horner*

Yummy,Yummy, I'll take Amber I've already had the pleasure of having a Cup victory, but not Amber. Thanks for the Picture I still have a pulse.

Old
01-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Hydroponic Harold

The Buds have as much chance of winning Lord Stanleys Mug as anyone on this Forum does of bangin one in on Ambers short side .

Old
01-14-2004, 09:36 AM
GoM

"So once in a while you make a mistake and sign Bryan Marchment for too much."

Old
01-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
i see that the messenger is a amber survivor fan!!!

Old
01-14-2004, 01:10 PM
sluggo*

This is the year for the Leafs to win the cup. Their future isn't looking that great as it is, "selling" off some of their prospects this year and starting a rebuilting time in a year or two won't hinder the team that much.

Old
01-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Epoch

This thread is way off topic!

Old
01-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Quote:
The Buds have as much chance of winning Lord Stanleys Mug as anyone on this Forum does of bangin one in on Ambers short side .
This from a Cannot fan!

Old
01-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Hydroponic Harold

Jeez i think the Nucks have a much better chance than the Buds .The Canucks are a quality team ..not a bunch oft injured , over the hill has beens and never was's .
Lets face it , Nolan and Niewendyk are 1 hit away from the season ending , Mogilny has turned into Saku Koivu when it comes to injuries and Mats Sundin isnt Superman ( but close i admit).
Now i dont want to start a war because i cheer for all Canadian based teams ..but i am just being a realist .Of all the canadian based squads , the Nucks are the best , with Ottawa close behind .
So start with the "troll" calls and what not ..but prove to me how the Leafs are better or even as good as Canadas team ..the Vancouver Canucks .

ps-If you could ship Tucker back out west here where he belongs it would be much appreciatted .

Old
01-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponic Harold
Jeez i think the Nucks have a much better chance than the Buds .The Canucks are a quality team ..not a bunch oft injured , over the hill has beens and never was's .
Lets face it , Nolan and Niewendyk are 1 hit away from the season ending , Mogilny has turned into Saku Koivu when it comes to injuries and Mats Sundin isnt Superman ( but close i admit).
Now i dont want to start a war because i cheer for all Canadian based teams ..but i am just being a realist .Of all the canadian based squads , the Nucks are the best , with Ottawa close behind .
So start with the "troll" calls and what not ..but prove to me how the Leafs are better or even as good as Canadas team ..the Vancouver Canucks .

ps-If you could ship Tucker back out west here where he belongs it would be much appreciatted .
Why did your powerhouse Canucks fail twice in a row against this over the hill gang then? If the Canucks are that much better (as you make them out to be), it should have been no contest, both games.

But then again, I do not really care. The opinion of a pothead is not even worth listening to. Go somewhere else and fantasize.

Old
01-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:

If you were a NYI fan, then I'd jump on bashing you, but seeing as how the 'Nucks are my second favourite team then I'll just say that in an ideal world we'll meet in the finals and see how your one line team lines up against our geriatrics.

Old
01-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
BTW, if you're interested there's a few job openings in the Barrie area for someone of your profession. :p

Old
01-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Hydroponic Harold

Yeah that Barrie Op was sweeet .....$$$$$$$$ went down the drain there .
Nucks -Buds final would be sweet ..but Nucks would win in 6 ..but that just a potheads opinion .LOL

Should be a good one tonite ..good luck beat them damn Flyers and if Mush took out Comries knee tonite theres a few of us out west would be much abliged .

Old
01-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN

This thread is way off topic!
Yes Amber can do that to people...

Old
01-15-2004, 01:36 PM
MCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Yes Amber can do that to people...
Speaking of Amber...

Old
01-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP
Speaking of Amber...
Thanks!

Old
01-15-2004, 02:03 PM
syc

Quote:

People say Leaf fans are terrible but from what I see you Nuck fans have your head in your arse. One line scoring, average goaltending, and solid defence won't get you to the conference final.

Sorry but this year the Leafs have a better chance then the Nucks. I hope we play you in the finals so we can beat you just like we usualy do.

Old
01-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
BTW, if you're interested there's a few job openings in the Barrie area for someone of your profession. :p

Closed Thread