HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thank You Roenick

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2004, 07:22 AM
joe blow

vCash: 500
Thank You Roenick

Just wanted to say I am glad Roenick had the guts to blast the NHL lke he did last night. I am not usually a fan of him but he said last night what fans and players have been thiking and saying for years. Hopefully the NHL hears his message!!!

Old
01-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
I applaud JR too.

The game itself is taking the tubes... The Star players aren't being allowed to play the game the way it should be played.

Russ Conway wrote a good article ( on the Bruin's Board ) about how Cam Neely wouldn't even be able to play in * today's * game.

Hell , when Thornton went off a month or so ago he was labeled a "whiner"..

Hopefully more top players , like JR, will step forward . The game needs it IMO.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
01-14-2004, 07:51 AM
Rex88

Agree with what he said re: NHL, needs to keep feelings about Hitch between he and Hitch though.

Old
01-14-2004, 08:04 AM
primeaugurl25

Send a message via MSN to primeaugurl25 Send a message via Yahoo to primeaugurl25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
Agree with what he said re: NHL, needs to keep feelings about Hitch between he and Hitch though.
Now, we have to wait and see if the NHL will come back and suspend JR for what he said.....

Old
01-14-2004, 08:13 AM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
...(Roenick) needs to keep feelings about Hitch between he and Hitch though.
I didn't see it as bad, Rex. I thought he was more than critical of himself and his teammates, and thought his comments regarding Hitchcock played on ESPN before the Pens game were more observational than opinionated.

I'll be happy when this slump ends.

Old
01-14-2004, 08:15 AM
Teezax

Without guys like Roenick, Hull speaking their mind, this game would lose even more value that it already has. Someone tell Bettman to hand the reins to Gretzky, your time is done pal.

Old
01-14-2004, 08:21 AM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Without guys like Roenick, Hull speaking their mind, this game would lose even more value that it already has. Someone tell Bettman to hand the reins to Gretzky, your time is done pal.
That's the best idea for improving hockey i've heard in a while.

Old
01-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Slats432

One thing to remember that it is a vicious circle...and the players are party to it.

High Salaries=Some teams can't compete skillwise=Poorer quality players clutching and grabbing=Roenick freaking out.

So when you take your mathematic principles and take things down to the lowest common denominator....

High Salaries=Roenick freaking out.

Alright...it was supposed to be comedy but there is some truth to the point.

Old
01-14-2004, 08:43 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
F Gretzky! I don't want his candy ass ideas implemented.

How about the Dallas Mavericks owner, Mark Cuban? He knows what fans want and wants to give it to them.

All Gretzky would do is try to cross hockey with ballet. He'a also a friggin' whiner.

Old
01-14-2004, 11:42 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Without guys like Roenick, Hull speaking their mind, this game would lose even more value that it already has.
The problem with guys like Hull and JR is that they speak their minds on everything, so they're often perceived (and dismissed) as loudmouths. What the league really needs is for quiet, respected guys to be talking. Ron Francis. Brian Leetch. Joe Sakic. Steve Yzerman.

THESE are the kinds of guys who should be taking the point.

Old
01-14-2004, 11:48 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
The problem with guys like Hull and JR is that they speak their minds on everything, so they're often perceived (and dismissed) as loudmouths. What the league really needs is for quiet, respected guys to be talking. Ron Francis. Brian Leetch. Joe Sakic. Steve Yzerman.

THESE are the kinds of guys who should be taking the point.
Well the fans have been speaking loud if not clear that there is a problem. Attendance and TV ratings speak volumes. Maybe the league should talk to them if they respect their opinions.

Old
01-14-2004, 12:02 PM
capn89*

ATTENTION: Eliminate the instigator rule, and Star Players will be aloud to play. Bring the enforcers back to hockey, and play it that way. The game was better like that "cheap shot my star player, I'll pummel your ass you school girl *****." Roenick wouldn't have taken 3 high sticks (one from a teammate) if there was no instigator rule.

On another note, I applaud JR, it's good to see someone with the balls to call the NHL out.

Old
01-15-2004, 05:16 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKordicsFist
Well the fans have been speaking loud if not clear that there is a problem. Attendance and TV ratings speak volumes. Maybe the league should talk to them if they respect their opinions.
Pff! Bettman respect the opinion of the fans? Well ... first time for everything I suppose.

Old
01-15-2004, 05:31 AM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKordicsFist
How about the Dallas Mavericks owner, Mark Cuban? He knows what fans want and wants to give it to them.
are you kidding? cuban knows nothing about hockey and why would we want a 3 pt line on the ice? we'd have to listen to endless leaf rants about how the new 3 pt line is a conspiracy against them.

Old
01-15-2004, 08:52 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
are you kidding? cuban knows nothing about hockey and why would we want a 3 pt line on the ice? we'd have to listen to endless leaf rants about how the new 3 pt line is a conspiracy against them.
While that is funny, Bettman doesn't know s**t about hockey either.

Old
01-15-2004, 08:55 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Pff! Bettman respect the opinion of the fans? Well ... first time for everything I suppose.
And the downward spiral of hockey continues................ Even owners would try to fix what ails a team with a lack of fans. Unless they figured they could make more money from it's demise, hmmmmmm...........

Old
01-15-2004, 10:10 AM
nordique

vCash:
Roenick's not the only player to be injured without the referee noticing...Owen Nolan took a high stick in the eye from Jay McKee and hasn't played since, with a torn retina. No call.

I may hate the Flyers but I love J.R., he can play on my team anyday. Good on him to say what he thinks all the time. Him and Brett Hull are the two guys in the league you can always count on to be genuine and honest in interviews; maybe because they have enough $$ to afford the fines they get for it.

Closed Thread