Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Laine

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Jared Ramsden

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Laine

Just curious if someone could update me on the play of Teemu Laine so far this season. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jared (Devils Editor)

Old
01-14-2004, 09:47 AM
eh

Send a message via ICQ to eh Send a message via MSN to eh Send a message via Yahoo to eh
Not much new to tell. Looked better than ever early on but has faded a bit since. Started the season in the third line, dropped to the fourth soon and was then moved to the center position. Still the fastest skater on earth, even stronger than before, but unable to get anything done offensively. Pointswise is pretty much on a similar pace as last year. Still waiting for him to finally have a breakout year, but starting to doubt that he'll never have one.

On the other hand, he could be good enough for a fourth line sparkplug's role in the NHL right now. He needs to hit more, use his body strength more, cut down on stupid penalties and turnovers, but other than that, he'd be a decent fourth liner in a defensive system like the Devils'. Just don't ask him to contribute offensively, he doesn't seem to be able to do that (despite having a relatively good shot).

Old
01-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I just go to this link for updates:

http://www.jatkoaika.com/smliiga.php...lastot=Jokerit

I wouldn't mind turning him into a checking player. With his speed he could dish on hell of a strong forecheck.

Old
01-17-2004, 08:03 AM
Jared Ramsden

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Thanks for the update!

Old
01-21-2004, 04:57 AM
eh

Send a message via ICQ to eh Send a message via MSN to eh Send a message via Yahoo to eh
Teemu scored twice yesterday in his first game with quality icetime for a long time. The first one was a tip-in to pretty much an empty net (not that he hasn't missed those as well), but the second was a nice snap shot to upper far corner. Haven't seen too many of those from him. Playing with Glen Metropolit seems to bring out the best in any winger.

Old
01-21-2004, 05:52 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh
Teemu scored twice yesterday in his first game with quality icetime for a long time. The first one was a tip-in to pretty much an empty net (not that he hasn't missed those as well), but the second was a nice snap shot to upper far corner. Haven't seen too many of those from him. Playing with Glen Metropolit seems to bring out the best in any winger.
You praised his antagonistic behaviour against Blues at Jatkoaika. Care to post a translation of that in here as well?

Old
01-21-2004, 03:08 PM
eh

Isn't that what the translation thread is for...

In one shift in the first period Teemu managed to 1) intentionally trip an opponent in his own blueline when the puck was already in the other end 2) skate full speed to the other end, just to stop in front of the goal and knock down the goalie 3) lay a big hit before heading to the bench, smiling. He also checked Drew Bannister to the boards from behind just before he scored his first goal and managed to fall on the goalie Heinonen a couple of times during the game. He's quite a pest.

Old
01-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh
Isn't that what the translation thread is for...

In one shift in the first period Teemu managed to 1) intentionally trip an opponent in his own blueline when the puck was already in the other end 2) skate full speed to the other end, just to stop in front of the goal and knock down the goalie 3) lay a big hit before heading to the bench, smiling. He also checked Drew Bannister to the boards from behind just before he scored his first goal and managed to fall on the goalie Heinonen a couple of times during the game. He's quite a pest.
OT: Man, I hate the new smilie colours.

Back on topic, isn't it time to dust off the old Teemu Laine avatar? Wear it proud, now that there's reason for it.

Old
01-22-2004, 02:03 AM
eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi
Back on topic, isn't it time to dust off the old Teemu Laine avatar? Wear it proud, now that there's reason for it.
I don't have it anymore! The boards crashed and lost it, my hard drive crashed and lost it, and I'm too lazy to actually make a new one. And of course it wouldn't be worthy of my new position to have a favorite player in my avatar, it'd have to be something more... neutral, impartial. Ok, I'm just too lazy.

Closed Thread