HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

nigel dawes...

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2004, 11:34 AM
djavan

vCash: 500
nigel dawes...

those of you who follow this sort of thing...

how long do you think it will take before nigel dawes gets a solid look with the big club...

last training camp he was not invited...

since then he made the canadian junior team and played quite well in the tournament...

do you think slats will trade him as was mentioned in an earlier post (possibly in a package for jagr) or will he rot in the minors...

thanx

Old
01-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Barnaby

I would assume that he'll be invited to training camp this upcoming season. He's still too young to play for the Pack, but I think Sather will give him a legitimate shot in a couple of years to make the club especially if there is a cap because cheap players will allow you to spend more on stars.

Old
01-14-2004, 12:33 PM
NYR469

the rangers this year didn't invite any junior age players to camp...they limited training camp to only ny and hartford guys with the hopes that if there were only 50 guys in camp instead of 80 guys, they could get down to business from day 1 teaching the system, etc...so it was NOT a slight against dawes that he didn't get invited

i'm sure they will hold their prospect camp again this summer which dawes will attend, and if they invite junior players next year (assuming their is a camp next year) then he'd be included...

but i'd say that he will definitely be back in juniors again next year cause he is too young for the AHL plus at age 18 there is still a decent chance he'll grow a bit more, so you send him back to kootenay as a 19 year old and cross your fingers in hopes that he grows a bit...

this is just my own speculation, but if i had to guess i would say that he goes back to juniors next year, then plays a year in hartford and then 2 years from now he'll be ready or almost ready to legitimately compete for a spot...

no need to rush him...if he is competing for a roster spot at 21 years old, i'll be happy...anything before that would be a bonus

Closed Thread