Notices

Question regarding Lehtonen

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Flinch*

vCash: 500
Question regarding Lehtonen

Just a quick question regarding Lehtonen.

I'm speaking to someone who is insisting that Lehtonen's groin problems are going to be a persistent issue or that there was something strange with a groin injury of his from a couple of years ago. I've tried looking around for information regarding this but have come up empty handed.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

His words,

"Not many people know this but i remember reading something off ESPN or TSN 2 offseasons ago where they found out Lehtonen's Groin was never going to be 100%, (not a 'debilitating' injury but rather one that would constantly be re-aggrivated and never fully fixed via surgery)"

I'm calling BS on this, but I'm interested if any of you Thrashers fans would know anything.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the information I was looking for. From what I understand, he was having problems with his hip muscles from a previous injury that hadn't fully healed. Sorry for making this thread!

Last edited by Flinch*: 11-03-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old
11-03-2007, 06:22 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

vCash: 500
I can't help you with a link on this. But after he had groin issues in Chicago the team called in outside experts on groin injuries. Lehtonen was put on special training regiment to strengthen the muscles surrounding his groin. From what I remember the problem was not just one muscle, but his entire core muscle group in the upper leg area were very weak and needed improved training.

But seeing how you found the information, closed.

Closed Thread