HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa's 1st being shopped

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2004, 06:23 AM
SensGod

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Ottawa's 1st being shopped

as some of you are aware, Ottawa's first round pick this year is being shopped by Muckler.

My question to everyone here is...what would you offer off of your roster for Ottawa's 1st round pick?

We need a LW who can play like Varada and score a bit as well.

try not to include prospects like Eaves, Mirnov, and Emery out of the proposals...because it's pretty much for certain that they won't be moved. Also, Muckler has stated that he won't move roster players...

any ideas?

Old
01-14-2004, 06:27 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Other than Frolov, who do you want from the Kings

Old
01-14-2004, 06:28 AM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
as some of you are aware, Ottawa's first round pick this year is being shopped by Muckler.

My question to everyone here is...what would you offer off of your roster for Ottawa's 1st round pick?

try not to include prospects like Eaves, Mirnov, and Emery out of the proposals...because it's pretty much for certain that they won't be moved. Also, Muckler has stated that he won't move roster players...

any ideas?

Well, the first will be pretty much on par with a second, so I wouldn't give too much. Maybe a bottom-feeding team will be able to scrounge something together in terms of immediate help.

Old
01-14-2004, 06:29 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Nashville will give ya Rem Murray or Jason York, because Ottawa's LATE FIRST ROUNDER isn't going to amount to much in such a weak draft year.

Old
01-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Nashville will give ya Rem Murray or Jason York, because Ottawa's LATE FIRST ROUNDER isn't going to amount to much in such a weak draft year.
Even though it's a late one, by no means are Murray or York worth a first, not even combined. Look for a low 3rd/high 4th for Murray and a low 4th/5th for York, but a first? Hilarious..

Old
01-14-2004, 06:33 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

As a CBJ fan I'd be interest in the pick since the team doesn't have a 2nd this year. Sanderson is rumored to be availble, but he doesn't fit the Varada bill. I think Tyler Wright is closer to that -- and would be a good fit in Ott since he can play anywhere -- but I don't think the CBJ are going to move him. He's a UFA as well, but it looks like the Jackets are going to resign him.
Open to suggestions...

Old
01-14-2004, 06:44 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Say it with me everybody...Sergei Zubov...

Seriously, though, I'd be comfortable with going into the playoffs with Schaefer and Smolinski as my top two left wings. One guy I'd look to add is Shawn Bates.

Old
01-14-2004, 06:45 AM
officeglen

Quote:
try not to include prospects like Eaves, Mirnov, and Emery out of the proposals {means try to keep out of proposals, or try not to include in proposals}...because it's pretty much for certain that they won't be moved. Also, Muckler has stated that he won't move roster players...
Actually it is uncertain whether prospects will be moved or not as Mucks comments suggest anything goes for the right deal, aside from any serious roster player. If you are asking for Emery though please have the last name of the player returned start with Smyt. Extra bonus points for offers that provide hard nosed hockey players for the pick and players like Schastlivy & Kaigorodov. Brooks Laich and/or Patrick Eaves would require a deal with lasting value (i.e. not a UFA and not a softy). I believe Mucks would move even Mirnov for a key Cup ingredient. Ossi Louhivaara is available for spelling contests too.

Old
01-14-2004, 06:48 AM
Rex88

Brashear + a fourth rounder
Enough?

Old
01-14-2004, 06:49 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
Brashear + a fourth rounder
Enough?
Enough to close the thread? No, you'll have to do worse than that before it gets locked.

Old
01-14-2004, 07:09 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:

any ideas?
Considering Ottawa's pick will be closer to the second round (ie 27 -30th pick overall). Ottawa better not be looking to get an impact player without adding a prospect to the deal! Ottawa is basicaly offering a early 2nd rounder. Although you may be a able to snag someone like Straka at the deadline.

Old
01-14-2004, 07:15 AM
bleedgreen

brindamour + 4th rounder. change it to a fifth or sixth rounder if carolina picks up some of the contract.

Old
01-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Actually it is uncertain whether prospects will be moved or not as Mucks comments suggest anything goes for the right deal, aside from any serious roster player. If you are asking for Emery though please have the last name of the player returned start with Smyt. Extra bonus points for offers that provide hard nosed hockey players for the pick and players like Schastlivy & Kaigorodov. Brooks Laich and/or Patrick Eaves would require a deal with lasting value (i.e. not a UFA and not a softy). I believe Mucks would move even Mirnov for a key Cup ingredient. Ossi Louhivaara is available for spelling contests too.

Emery for Smyth, huh? I'd pass ten times over if I was Edmonton. Besides, if there was some chance the greasers actually made the playoffs and met the Sens in the finals, the last thing they'd want is for that trade to bit them in the ass, while Emery shatters his confidence attempting to play playoff hockey.

Old
01-14-2004, 07:31 AM
LaVal

who shops a draft pick?

Old
01-14-2004, 07:32 AM
officeglen

I didn't say the deal was Emery for Smyth straight-up, just if proposing an Emery & stuff deal have Smyt+ coming back.

To answer the question: Who shops a draft pick? -> teams looking for the missing piece for a Cup run. Look up missing at dictionary.com and find LW for Ottawa.

Old
01-14-2004, 07:37 AM
whismer

Homerism

Jason Ward + 3rd !!

He can do a nice job. He lose his job when he gets injured. Ryder and Dagenais is now on the 2 first line.

Whismer Hill

Old
01-14-2004, 07:44 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Enough to close the thread? No, you'll have to do worse than that before it gets locked.
I just wanted to know if the deal was equal talent/value.

Old
01-14-2004, 07:52 AM
Spezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
Considering Ottawa's pick will be closer to the second round (ie 27 -30th pick overall). Ottawa better not be looking to get an impact player without adding a prospect to the deal! Ottawa is basicaly offering a early 2nd rounder. Although you may be a able to snag someone like Straka at the deadline.
But really, instead of an early 2nd its really more like a late 1st pick....

Old
01-14-2004, 08:10 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza
But really, instead of an early 2nd its really more like a late 1st pick....
He's got a point, though; the Justin Williamses and Martin Havlats are usually gone well before the first twenty picks in a draft.

Other Dave

Old
01-14-2004, 08:11 AM
fulk hogan

Edmonton trades Laraque and 2005 3rd rd pick (acquired from Philly) to Ottawa for 2004 1st rd pick.

Old
01-14-2004, 08:35 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooty mcboobs
Edmonton trades Laraque and 2005 3rd rd pick (acquired from Philly) to Ottawa for 2004 1st rd pick.
Was going to propose something like that, but wasn't sure of what type of pick to give up.

Old
01-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Mizral

This goes against your prospect principle, but how' this for an idea:

Ryan Smyth for Ottawa's 1st round pick & Antoine Vermette?

I could see Smyth being moved, as it looks like Lowe is going to take this Oilers team through another rebuild. Vermette would be another young forward to come in next year, as it looked like perhaps none or only 1 were gonna make that breakthrough (maybe Niinimaki, Rita or Pouliot? Dunno).

The 1st would give the Oilers 3 1st round picks in the draft. Pretty solid building blocks, if you ask me.

Old
01-14-2004, 09:06 AM
degroat*

As a representative of Larry Pleau, I'll offer a 2nd round pick.

Or, how about Demitra for a 1st, 2nd, and Bonk?

Old
01-14-2004, 09:13 AM
sveiglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Sold!

Old
01-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
This goes against your prospect principle, but how' this for an idea:

I could see Smyth being moved, as it looks like Lowe is going to take this Oilers team through another rebuild. Vermette would be another young forward to come in next year, as it looked like perhaps none or only 1 were gonna make that breakthrough (maybe Niinimaki, Rita or Pouliot? Dunno).

The 1st would give the Oilers 3 1st round picks in the draft. Pretty solid building blocks, if you ask me.
That first round pick of Ottawa's won't be much better than a 2nd. Do you think Lowe would give up Smyth for a fairly decent prospect, and a pick that could turn out to be nothing? A guy that lowered his value in Comrie, got more than that, and his value wasn't as high as Smyth's to begin with.

Closed Thread