HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Theo earning some respect

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Necrophile

vCash: 500
Theo earning some respect

TheHockeyNews.com has Theodore ranked as the #2 goalie in the league right now, behind only Martin Brodeur. Glad to see that anglophones (non-RDS folk) are acknowledging Theo's great play. However, with Brodeur's .899 sv% last week (Theo had .961 sv% in the four games before Wednesday), I feel Theo should have earned the #1 spot on their weekly ranking... especially when you consider Theo's .927 on the season surpass Brodeur's .923 . Not to mention Theo has to steal more of his wins.

When it comes to the point where your team's 2nd goal is often the gamewinner, you know you got a great and reliable goalie on your team.

Old
01-14-2004, 06:38 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
TheHockeyNews.com has Theodore ranked as the #2 goalie in the league right now, behind only Martin Brodeur. Glad to see that anglophones (non-RDS folk) are acknowledging Theo's great play. However, with Brodeur's .899 sv% last week (Theo had .961 sv% in the four games before Wednesday), I feel Theo should have earned the #1 spot on their weekly ranking... especially when you consider Theo's .927 on the season surpass Brodeur's .923 . Not to mention Theo has to steal more of his wins.

When it comes to the point where your team's 2nd goal is often the gamewinner, you know you got a great and reliable goalie on your team.
at least it beats the idiots top 5 i saw on tsn. worst top 5 ive ever seen(and ive seen some horrid top 5's.
anyways theo kicks a$$, imho i wouldnt take any other goalie in the league.
skill/age wise he's the best.
we should be extreamly glad we got him. i know i am.

Old
01-14-2004, 06:42 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
I believe those are weekly rankings. He wasn't ranking in his opinion, his top five goalies, just the guys who performed best this week. Considering Theo sat a game, it'd be hard to include him.

I don't think 'Anglos' respecting Theo is too big of a problem. The NHL Network, Sportsnet, TSN, and The Score constantly mention his stellar play and how he is one of the NHL's premier netminders. After all, the people who voted him the Vezina and Hart were, for the most part, English. He keeps it up and he'll be respected by the people from New Guinea.

Old
01-14-2004, 07:08 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
I believe those are weekly rankings. He wasn't ranking in his opinion, his top five goalies, just the guys who performed best this week. Considering Theo sat a game, it'd be hard to include him.
are you positive it waz a weakly ranking on tsn the guy from atlanta?
im almost positive it was a season ranking.
correct me if im wrong

Old
01-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Mackee

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
are you positive it waz a weakly ranking on tsn the guy from atlanta?
im almost positive it was a season ranking.
correct me if im wrong
I believe that was Darren Eliot's mid-season rankings. Which I believe are pretty bad. Theo should definitely be in that top five, more so than David Aebischer at the very least.

Old
01-14-2004, 08:17 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge
I believe that was Darren Eliot's mid-season rankings. Which I believe are pretty bad. Theo should definitely be in that top five, more so than David Aebischer at the very least.
i love theo and all but the reasoning behind having aeby on that list is quite simply he was following the footsteps of the greatest goaltender to live and he was coming into a situation where his team is a cup contender and after the selanne/kariya signings a lot of folks were saying the cup was "theres to lose" ... all with a goalie who was yet to be a #1 in the league w/ a backup who was a rookie and w/o pretty much ANY playoff experience etc.. and for him to play as well as he has, (to the point where the av's are looking for a solid, veteran backup instead of a starter) he deserves to be on the list.. but at the same time however, theo does too.. he's playing brilliant hockey and elliott has mentioned him in the past during his clips (once as #5 and a few times as "honourable mentions") but he deserves to be there..

Old
01-14-2004, 09:27 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Reread my thread... OK I'll quote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
However, with Brodeur's .899 sv% last week (Theo had .961 sv% in the four games before Wednesday), I feel Theo should have earned the #1 spot on their weekly ranking...

Old
01-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
It's nice that Theo is earning some respect. However, it is not just RDS that notices this. The English tv channels mention his excellent play. There is no doubt that he is one of the best goaltenders in the league.

Old
01-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Minos

Quote:
Glad to see that anglophones (non-RDS folk) are acknowledging Theo's great play.
Theodore has been getting the respect and media attention that he deserves as a result of his great play...he hasn't been ignored in the past because he's French, he's been ignored because (at the time) he wasn't playing well enough to earn that respect and attention. Remember, the same English media have always acknowledge Martin Brodeur as the best goalie in the league - and Patrick Roy before him.

Last edited by Minos: 01-15-2004 at 01:14 AM.
Old
01-15-2004, 02:22 AM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge
Yeah, Darren Eliot's not too bright... I watched the game on Turner South tonight where he's the color guy. No wonder hockey is not so popular in the states. We put more effort into broadcasting our CHL games than alot of these US stations put into NHL hockey. They have a PBP guy, a color guy, and tonight was a special night... they had an extra person to do the interview rather than Darren Eliot himself.

Closed Thread