HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Make your offers Niinimaa

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Kvashinator12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Make your offers Niinimaa

preferably interested in a physical 20 goal scorer or a top 4 dman banger

Old
01-14-2004, 03:15 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

what's wrong with Niinimaa?
you guys just got him....

The Oilers would GLADLY give you Brad Isbister back for him.

Old
01-14-2004, 03:17 PM
BruinFan42

Top 4 dman banger?

Hal Gill and a 2nd for Niinimaa?

Old
01-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
what's wrong with Niinimaa?
you guys just got him....

I've never been a huge Niinimaa fan. In the past, I thought he was overrated by Oiler fans and I thought the Isles overpaid for him.

But, that said, I think it unlikely that he gets moved. He is actually the youngest and cheapest of the Islander top four guys. And, no disrespect meant to my fellow Islander fan, but I think it unlikley he gets moved for a 20 goal scorer.

01-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFan42
Top 4 dman banger?

Hal Gill and a 2nd for Niinimaa?

How about Cairns and a 2nd for Boynton?

That seems about as fair as your deal.

Old
01-14-2004, 03:21 PM
officeglen

You Long Islanders don't take losses to the Rags lightly.

Old
01-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen

Your seeing a bit of a chicken little "sky is falling" mentality, after a few brutal games against our arch rival.

Isles have stuggled against bigger more physical teams (like the Rag$) since the Wiemer debacle, and the loss of their two best goal scorers did not do anything for the offense.

I understand Kvashinator's frustation, but doubt Janne N. is going anywhere (not that I'd be against moving him - if we got fair return). But, I make no promises because anything is possible.

Old
01-14-2004, 03:24 PM
BruinFan42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
How about Cairns and a 2nd for Boynton?

That seems about as fair as your deal.

With Milbury's record, I'm confident he'd pull the trigger a Gill for Niinimaa deal.

Old
01-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
With Milbury's record, I'm confident he'd pull the trigger a Gill for Niinimaa deal.

Whatever, dude. If you want to occupy your time by posting one-sided unrealistic deals, knock yourself out. I think you know fulll well that your deal is not close to being doable.

Old
01-14-2004, 03:34 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen

hopefully the isle win tomorrow night, so they'll back away from the ledge

Old
01-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
You arent serious are you? That trade proposal sucks, and even Milbury knows it.

Old
01-14-2004, 03:36 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Isn't that what B's fans were saying last season,when MM asked for McLaren and the B's in return asked for DiPietro?

It's Milbury?

Old
01-14-2004, 03:38 PM
victor

Quote:
Not so fast, I think I prefer Isbister...

Old
01-14-2004, 03:41 PM
evman150*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
preferably interested in a physical 20 goal scorer
Raffi Torres?

Old
01-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Kvashinator12

Thanks

Quote:
Your seeing a bit of a chicken little "sky is falling" mentality, after a few brutal games against our arch rival.

Isles have stuggled against bigger more physical teams (like the Rag$) since the Wiemer debacle, and the loss of their two best goal scorers did not do anything for the offense.

I understand Kvashinator's frustation, but doubt Janne N. is going anywhere (not that I'd be against moving him - if we got fair return). But, I make no promises because anything is possible.

Mr. Darth not really having anything to do with the rags game, but i actually prefer a more physical dman. I would rather keep the big 3 and get a Regher type to play with them. Gauthier is not what this team needs, he is reckless and poor in his own zone. Sure the loss to the rags sucked, but that is the least of the problems. Cairns is our most physical dman and also slowest. If every player on our team had his heart we would be much better off.

As for gill, stop the stupidity of these deals b/c its milbury, yeah sure he made some crappy ones, but also how bout Aucoin for Biron we got burned there.

Old
01-14-2004, 03:49 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Mr. Darth not really having anything to do with the rags game, but i actually prefer a more physical dman. I would rather keep the big 3 and get a Regher type to play with them. Gauthier is not what this team needs, he is reckless and poor in his own zone. Sure the loss to the rags sucked, but that is the least of the problems. Cairns is our most physical dman and also slowest. If every player on our team had his heart we would be much better off.

As for gill, stop the stupidity of these deals b/c its milbury, yeah sure he made some crappy ones, but also how bout Aucoin for Biron we got burned there.

Hamrlik and Aucoin are both older,both make more money and both closer to being ufas(July 2005) then Niinimaa.

It's very unlikely that the isles can keep both Aucoin and Hamrlik longterm.

Jonsson made noises before signing his current 2 yr deal,about wanting to return home to play.He's signed for this yr and next.Between his concussion history and questionable wish to keep playing over here,he can't be considered a longterm answer on the blueline.

I expect the isles to build their defense around Niinimaa and either Hamrlik or Aucoin,with guys like Gervais,Caldwell,Holub,Pettinen.

Old
01-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I think Janne is basically a less effective version of Aucoin, Hamrlik, and Kenny J. We would have done much better to add a more physical guy. And, yeah, it would be great if somebody like Regher was available (who, btw, we passed on to draft Rupp). But, Regher isn't going anywhere and, as you correctly point out, limited guys like Gauthier are not the answer.

Also, I think Crew's reasoning on this issue (see his post above) is 100% correct.

BTW, I'm "Dr. Darth" not "Mr. Darth."

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 01-14-2004 at 03:54 PM.
Old
01-14-2004, 03:53 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evman150
Raffi Torres?

That'll fit the bill...a 20 goal scorer...a disturber, and a young one...
But too bad, the Oilers are keeping him for a very long time!!!!

Old
01-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That'll fit the bill...a 20 goal scorer...a disturber, and a young one...
But too bad, the Oilers are keeping him for a very long time!!!!

And, Raffi has had how many 20 goal seasons?

Old
01-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Kvashinator12

i agree

Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree with you. I think Janne is basically a less effective version of Aucoin, Hamrlik, and Kenny J. We would have done much better to add a more physical guy. And, yeah, it would be great if somebody like Regher was available (who, btw, we passed on to draft Rupp). But, Regher isn't going anywhere and, as you correctly point out, limited guys like Gauthier are not the answer.

Also, I think Crew's reasoning on this issue (see his post above) is 100% correct.

but just wanted to see what is out there...would have loved mclaren but guess what he is hurt again...As for our prospects would love to get caldwell signed, i think he has a shot to be a player. Samething goes for Holub, and Pettinen will also get a shot...

Old
01-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
but just wanted to see what is out there...would have loved mclaren but guess what he is hurt again...As for our prospects would love to get caldwell signed, i think he has a shot to be a player. Samething goes for Holub, and Pettinen will also get a shot...

Yeah, a healthy McLaren (which is an oxymoron, by the way), would be ideal. Isles still lack a mean hitter than can play.

Old
01-14-2004, 04:03 PM
Kvashinator12

And

Quote:
Yeah, a healthy McLaren (which is an oxymoron, by the way), would be ideal. Isles still lack a mean hitter than can play.

that is what we need,and i think that i would prefer to deal Niiinimaa than Hamrlik. I know you feel that Aucoin is overrated, but the guy is a player. He has been a stalwart on D this year for the team. He is the only one that really plays with an edge. I like Hamrlik's game a lot as well, and i think he is the best all around Dman on the squad. Regehr would be perfect fo this team, but no way is he ever available. The only reason i am willing to deal Niinimmaa is for that mean hitter who strikes fear in players, and i am not talking Darius. Even Brendan Witt would do well in that position for us.

Old
01-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
that is what we need,and i think that i would prefer to deal Niiinimaa than Hamrlik. I know you feel that Aucoin is overrated, but the guy is a player. He has been a stalwart on D this year for the team. He is the only one that really plays with an edge. I like Hamrlik's game a lot as well, and i think he is the best all around Dman on the squad. Regehr would be perfect fo this team, but no way is he ever available. The only reason i am willing to deal Niinimmaa is for that mean hitter who strikes fear in players, and i am not talking Darius. Even Brendan Witt would do well in that position for us.
Its hard to deny that the Isles could benifit from a mobile hitter on the blueline. Unfortunately, however, there aren't many guys like that out there. But, I can't fault your logic.

Old
01-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Kvashinator12

My two

Quote:
Its hard to deny that the Isles could benifit from a mobile hitter on the blueline. Unfortunately, however, there aren't many guys like that out there. But, I can't fault your logic.

choices that could probably be had are Brendan Witt, Jason Doig who i kinda like, or Jay McKee.

Old
01-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
choices that could probably be had are Brendan Witt, Jason Doig who i kinda like, or Jay McKee.

Mckee would be great.

Closed Thread