HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kolnik

Old
11-06-2007, 06:18 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Kolnik

is tearing up the Swiss League.....Ok he's no Heatley or Spezza but the price is right, the kid is 26 and with Jagr and Gomez he would put in 25-30 Goals. At the moment we could use someone with that skill.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 06:47 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by london ranger View Post
is tearing up the Swiss League.....Ok he's no Heatley or Spezza but the price is right, the kid is 26 and with Jagr and Gomez he would put in 25-30 Goals. At the moment we could use someone with that skill.
im open to anything that helps the offense but i'd rather promote from within first... given ice time and right line mates Dawes has proven there's enough talent within the org. to cope with poor form or injury.

I'd rather bring up a Bourret, Moore or Byers before we go to Europe head hunting.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Choice

Maybe if he could play Center

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 08:46 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Maybe if he could play Center
why center?

thats one position that isnt needed...

Old
11-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
why center?

thats one position that isnt needed...
true. Forgot that Brandon Dubinsky is now a first line center.

Old
11-06-2007, 09:30 AM
NYRBlaznBure9

Send a message via ICQ to NYRBlaznBure9
Quote:
with Jagr and Gomez he would put in 25-30 Goals. At the moment we could use someone with that skill.
There are a ton of guys that would put in 25-30 with a year at the side of Gomez and Jagr. I don't think Kolnik is needed- we do have Straka and Cally still out.

The offense will improve..and the Rangers are playing great hockey..so why change it?

NYRBlaznBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 09:34 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRBlaznBure9 View Post
There are a ton of guys that would put in 25-30 with a year at the side of Gomez and Jagr. I don't think Kolnik is needed- we do have Straka and Cally still out.

The offense will improve..and the Rangers are playing great hockey..so why change it?
changes could be made thats not in question. i dont think anyone is satisfied with the offense right now but the important thing is we keep getting quality chances and keep giving us a chance to win with great D, PK and Henrik!!!

I'd possibly change tactic or try and get more mis-matches going on but there isnt a need to go out and recruit externally or change personnel just yet....

Old
11-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Jay88*

Quote:
Tearing up the Swiss League, thats not the NHL. Who sasys his game would flip over to the NHL with the same production?

Also who do you scratch, send down or trade to make room for this guy?

Makes no sense. Especially to assume a player will net 25-30 goals just cause he is tearing up some European league.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

I am not saying that tearing up swiss league automatically qualifies to do well in NHL.
Top tier scorers were in the past Joe Thornton and Rick Nash and yet Heatley was struggling if I remember well.

Being top scorer in the swiss league and having scored 2 dozen goals in the NHL for lousy Panthers are not bad credentials. This kid is 26/27......

Old
11-08-2007, 08:11 AM
SPG

Quote:
I am not saying that tearing up swiss league automatically qualifies to do well in NHL.
Top tier scorers were in the past Joe Thornton and Rick Nash and yet Heatley was struggling if I remember well.

Being top scorer in the swiss league and having scored 2 dozen goals in the NHL for lousy Panthers are not bad credentials. This kid is 26/27......
2 dozen goals? His career high is 15 and last season he had less than a dozen (11 goals)

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 10:40 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
lets get Jiri Dopita to centre Jagr while were at it Kolnik is an expansion type player. if he is on a playoff team hed be in the minors or healthy scratch.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

No thanks on Kolnik. Once Straka and Callahan return this team will have three lines that can score on any given shift.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

How about the guys paid to score on this team step up and forward and score! We have enough offensive players. They are offensive but in the wrong way.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 04:43 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

so far our scorers are not scoring. honestly we don't have a heatley, iginla kinda guy.
Jagr is more and more a set up man. He will probably score 25-30 but frankly I don't think more goals are in the tank. Same for straka, shanny etc.

I am not saying Kolnik can tie Iginla's shoes but the lack of fire power concerns me.
Salary cap is puts a lid on what we can do.

Prucha and Hossa couldn't put a puck into the ocean right now.

Old
11-09-2007, 06:11 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
lets get Jiri Dopita to centre Jagr while were at it Kolnik is an expansion type player. if he is on a playoff team hed be in the minors or healthy scratch.
This has gotta be some sick joke, no?

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

while on the subject:

I am just reading a euro article about Russian hockey Rubles attracting more and more players.

Yashin is getting 3 million bucks. If they are prepared to pay 3 meg for him there is no telling what they will pay for bonified free agents come season end.

100 usd / barrel of crude and 1000 USD for an ounce of gold is making the Russian
oligarchs rich beyond reality and compared to any other sport hockey is cheap as chips. Besides there is realistically no other sport one can play in winter in Kazan, Omsk, Togliatti, Magnitogorsk, St Petersburgh. The masses need to be entertained.

So I am expecting this trend to continue. You could start seeing Russian players
going back from NHL once they have achieved a NHL market premium to milk the russian
generosity. Its Kasper now, Samsonov next year, Ovechkin in a couple of years.
Of course the Euro leagues will be the big losers. they will not be able to keep pace
with the North American Russian axis. They can offer a good cozy quality of life to
a budding hockey family man, that's about it. Money talks though

FYI - AK Bars Kazan has now an annual budget of 67 million Dollars - that is "A lot"
in Russia

So a guy like Kolnik could be the next to follow Hentunen, Petrov and Kasper to Russia - the the top echelon russian players make about 2 million bucks.

Average Superliga salary is 400.000 USD free of tax

Old
11-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Choice

Quote:
while on the subject:

I am just reading a euro article about Russian hockey Rubles attracting more and more players.

Yashin is getting 3 million bucks. If they are prepared to pay 3 meg for him there is no telling what they will pay for bonified free agents come season end.

100 usd / barrel of crude and 1000 USD for an ounce of gold is making the Russian
oligarchs rich beyond reality and compared to any other sport hockey is cheap as chips. Besides there is realistically no other sport one can play in winter in Kazan, Omsk, Togliatti, Magnitogorsk, St Petersburgh. The masses need to be entertained.

So I am expecting this trend to continue. You could start seeing Russian players
going back from NHL once they have achieved a NHL market premium to milk the russian
generosity. Its Kasper now, Samsonov next year, Ovechkin in a couple of years.
Of course the Euro leagues will be the big losers. they will not be able to keep pace
with the North American Russian axis. They can offer a good cozy quality of life to
a budding hockey family man, that's about it. Money talks though

FYI - AK Bars Kazan has now an annual budget of 67 million Dollars - that is "A lot"
in Russia

So a guy like Kolnik could be the next to follow Hentunen, Petrov and Kasper to Russia - the the top echelon russian players make about 2 million bucks.

Average Superliga salary is 400.000 USD free of tax
Kasper only went there because he couldnt make the NHL. The guys you are listing are marginal NHLers.

Still I think this could be a possibility at some point in the not too distant future. It will be interesting the see when/if the first legit star chooses the Russian league over the NHL.

Old
11-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Quote:
Kasper only went there because he couldnt make the NHL. The guys you are listing are marginal NHLers.

Still I think this could be a possibility at some point in the not too distant future. It will be interesting the see when/if the first legit star chooses the Russian league over the NHL.
totally agree - its a tall order to move to Magnitogorsk. Makes Charlottetown look like West Palm Beach.

but ultimately as more guys go over and make good bucks players will use this as a leverage. If you make 5 million bucks in NY why would you want to go to Washington? well because you get 1 extra year of contract. So players are totally responsive to bigger offers.

If Nylander got 10 million out of Moscow he'd be there. so it will not happen over night but guys like Kovy, Zubrus, Samsonov could be over there quicker than you can say salary cap!

Also making 5 meg in Moscow and St.Petersburgh (tax free) with all the Super Olgas on parade......you get perks of the location can be quite liveable.

Old
11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Choice

It's possible with the cap in place. For most players though I think it would have to be a significant difference in money to get them to choose the RSL over the NHL. Moscow over DC is one thing, but Magnitogorsk?

Old
11-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Quote:
It's possible with the cap in place. For most players though I think it would have to be a significant difference in money to get them to choose the RSL over the NHL. Moscow over DC is one thing, but Magnitogorsk?
or the other nice places such as Salavat, Omsk, Kazan, Togliatti, Ufa, Nizhnekamsk, etc.