HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can't **** with the Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2004, 10:37 PM
CrAzYNiNe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Can't **** with the Habs

The day the Habs finally protect there players has finally come. Savard gives Koivu a concusion, then we give him one. Still a bad taste in our mouth, Komi goes knee to knee with him, and he is out of the game. I can't remember the last time we had so many players that will stick up for each other, and it's contagious(sp?). Brisebois took out that guy behind the net, I was like, Brisebois? Even Dags tries to be ruff. I am so impressed, who would of thought bringing in 3 players that will drop the gloves(Bouillon, Souray and Langdon) would inspire everyone to play so much bigger. So much more fun to watch when someone gets hit, we hit back.

Old
01-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Necrophile

Don't forget Bégin! Even Ward's energy and intensity is contagious. In fact, I even remember Ribeiro giving a hard hit to someone a while back; you'd have thought Ribs was 200 lbs looking at that hit!

What's great now is that players have a certain margin of error when it comes to defending teammates. This season, you can go after some guy without being too afraid of the ensuing penalty, because 9 out of 10 times the team will kill the penalty (they are at over 90% on the PK in the last 13 games, I believe, whereas the PP was 35% in the 13 games before tonight).

All this team toughness is greatly needed because of the relatively small size of our forwards, and is also appreciated by fans.

Old
01-15-2004, 05:14 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
It's great seeing that dirty little SOB Savard getting retribution for what happened, but no way did Quintal or Komo go after him looking to injure him. Both times it appeared to be injuries that just happened within the battles of the game.

Old
01-15-2004, 05:27 AM
BLONG7

The Habs are playing as a TEAM. It's great to see, and as time passes these guys are creating chemistry and everyone knows somebody's got their backs... this makes everyone play bigger and with more confidence!

Old
01-15-2004, 05:54 AM
Physical HABuse

We shouldn't forget Quintal either. I really like the way he sticks up for his teammates also. Wasn't it in that game against the Thrashers that Savard swung his stick at Langdon. Quintal then took on Savard and introduced him to some stars. Despite being a relative geezer on the club, he still sticks up for others......even our own team enforcer, Langdon....who can obviously take care of himself.

Old
01-15-2004, 05:55 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
The Habs are playing as a TEAM. It's great to see, and as time passes these guys are creating chemistry and everyone knows somebody's got their backs... this makes everyone play bigger and with more confidence!

Agreed, and I think Julien deserves a little credit for this.

Old
01-15-2004, 06:05 AM
Habber

There has definately been a big difference in unity lately. Everyone is watching out for everyone else and taking special care of Theo.

It's been great to see the phyiscal play increase as well. Notice how last night against the Thrahers we got running around in our own end a few times, a la the Therrien regime. But unlike in the past, we were knocking guys down in front of the net, taking guys hard into the boards and generally making guys pay the price. It's been a long time since a Habs team has been that physical in our own end and I hope they keep up the good work.

Old
01-15-2004, 07:14 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Wasn't so long ago that this same team would watch a team "snow" Theo and turn another cheek. Not anymore, baby!! It's a more in-you-face game than I can remember seeing the Habs play in a long time. It's all about playing as a team and sticking up for each other, and it appears to have taken root in every member of the team. Great stuff, isn't it?!?!

Old
01-15-2004, 10:24 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
The day the Habs finally protect there players has finally come. Savard gives Koivu a concusion, then we give him one. Still a bad taste in our mouth, Komi goes knee to knee with him, and he is out of the game.

I don't think komi was trying to go knee to knee. Thats a low, and dangerous play. It looked more like he was going to plaster savard into the boards, but savard moved out of the way, but didn't get his leg out of the way.

The unity the team is showing is spectacular. It makes the game much more fun to watch, because the team actually has somewhat of an edge.

Old
01-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
I don't think komi was trying to go knee to knee. Thats a low, and dangerous play. It looked more like he was going to plaster savard into the boards, but savard moved out of the way, but didn't get his leg out of the way.

The unity the team is showing is spectacular. It makes the game much more fun to watch, because the team actually has somewhat of an edge.
You have the same impression that I do of what Komisarek was trying to do. It's just happenstance that his victim was the most unpopular of the Thrashers (to the Habs, that is).

Old
01-15-2004, 10:47 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic

You misunderstood what I mean. Savard took Koivu out, now he has a big red X over him, and we would try and hit him at any chance we got. I doubt Komi wanted to go knee to knee with him, but had he not been a marked man, I doubt Komi would would of went for that hit.

Old
01-15-2004, 04:37 PM
FlavorFlav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
We shouldn't forget Quintal either. I really like the way he sticks up for his teammates also. Wasn't it in that game against the Thrashers that Savard swung his stick at Langdon. Quintal then took on Savard and introduced him to some stars. Despite being a relative geezer on the club, he still sticks up for others......even our own team enforcer, Langdon....who can obviously take care of himself.
Can someone explain to me what happened when Quintal gave Savard the concussion? Was it in the same game Savard gave one to Saku? What happened exactly?

And yes, retribution is a good thing! I damn near fell out of my chair seeing Brisebois take it to whoever it was who ran Theo! THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!

Old
01-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Physical HABuse

It was in the same game that Savard gave Koivu a concussion. Savard isn't going to be in any hurry to face the Habs again after the last couple of weeks.

Old
01-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
It was in the same game that Savard gave Koivu a concussion. Savard isn't going to be in any hurry to face the Habs again after the last couple of weeks.

Nope, it was the game after on that Saturday afternoon.

Old
01-16-2004, 08:34 AM
red alert 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Agreed, and I think Julien deserves a little credit for this.
Have to agree with you on that !
Every body is talking about the Gainey effect but have to realise that is C.J. that runs the show in the dressing room !

Old
01-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by red alert 23
Have to agree with you on that !
Every body is talking about the Gainey effect but have to realise that is C.J. that runs the show in the dressing room !
yeah, Julien need lots of credit but something everyone need to understand is that even if your coach is good if the big boss doesnt impress you then its pretty much useless. Gainey as great respect from anyone that knows hockey and players know they cant miss around but if they do what they are paid for the Boss will protect them and even give them a second or third chance.

the players can see the respect from both sides and it gives them a strenght to give their all.

Closed Thread