Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Örebro HK

Old
09-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Ribban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
today only a 4-4 vs södertälje. in kvalserien we will need a win at home.
Well, pre-season is pre-season, but it bothers me a tad bit that they let them back in after winning the game 4-2 and only minutes later it was 4-4. It would be nice to know what really happened there.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 03:50 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
So, the last piece to the puzzle is in place according to Falle.... but no word on whom until tomorrow.

I believe it is Tolsa after all. :-)
nope, it's nate dicasmirro.

http://orebrohockey.se/nyhet.php?id=889

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 08:40 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Well, pre-season is pre-season, but it bothers me a tad bit that they let them back in after winning the game 4-2 and only minutes later it was 4-4. It would be nice to know what really happened there.
They probably stopped caring because it's the preseason.

DiCasmirro could be a really good pickup. He's been a bit mercurial throughout his career, but I think he may finally find a niche in Allsvenskan.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Ribban

Well, Falle says they are trying to "establish" themselves this year. What does that mean? Avoid pulling a Mariestad? Avoid relegation? First round of play-offs?... Establish themselves as what?

I'm also curious about the actual budgets in the leage. Expressen listed each club and the salary budgets, which MF rejected as inccorect on his blog. However, I would think that LIF must be just about in the 30 mil area, which should peg them as undisputed favorites to win the it all before the puck has dropped, so to speak.

However, the rest seems to be ranging between 15 - 8 million SEK, and granted there is a distinct difference between 15 & 8, it does open up for some speculation regarding the spots 2-10.

ÖHK looks pretty decent right now but lacks a bit of depth, and I think the pre-season games have shown that they will be fairly dependent on a handful of heads. The AS season is fairly long, so my guess is that they better come out swinging, as I can easily see how Örebro will have some injury problems towards the end of the season.

Lastly, around here people (ordinary Joe) are worrying that the flu season could a much greater factor in schools, daycares, workplaces, etc. this year. I'm not talking about the H1N1 virus now. That is concern #2, although important as well.

With that as a backdrop, what's the buzz in Sweden if any, and what are the hockey clubs doing about it, if anything, to protect their players from an epedemic? Anyone know?

Old
09-16-2009, 07:54 AM
zecke26

today it starts. örebro back in allsvenskan...wooooooo

Old
09-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Ribban

Quote:
today it starts. örebro back in allsvenskan...wooooooo
... and starting out against a bunch of hacks from the woods. The "Charliewooders" shouldn't present too much problem, but knowing them right they will do whatever to injure and hurt ÖHK's players when they realize just how much better big bro really is.

Prepare for the "Snus" and "Fickljummen Explorer" to fly in Nobel hallen tonight when Böbcäts go down to the tunes of Buddy Holly and 500 greaser cars cruising around on the parking lot, having no idea of why there are so many people from Örebro in town.

Old
09-16-2009, 12:17 PM
zecke26

2-0 bofors after 5min.

Old
09-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Ribban

No big worries.
2 goals in the 2 first PPs.
ÖHK outshoots BIK 9-7 in the period.
It sounds like ÖHK started out a little shaky but has worked themselves into this game with nice pressure on BIK's goal.
Plenty of opportunities in the latter half of the period, but of course, they would need to put one in rather soon to prevent frustration spreading. Too bad that Orrstens shot in the crossbar couldn't have been half an inch lower.
It sounds like DC came ready to play.

Old
09-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Ribban

Ouch. 3-0. Checked off NA live report, and Wirström says it is one bad hockey game in which BIK seems to have gotten the better bounces.

4-0.... in PP again. Boxplay in tomorrows practice... or maybe tonight when getting off the bus?

Old
09-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Ribban

Another ÖHK penalty. DC for boarding.
I bet Mark Owuya will request a termination of the loan after this game. Rather sit 3rd in DIF than being deserted by the defense, which apparently has been the case tonight. Mark's played well despite the score indicating differently according to Wirström.

Old
09-16-2009, 01:18 PM
zecke26

reminds me of div.1 games. playing against a crappy team and fail.

Old
09-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Ribban

5-0... Christ almighty. What a night. The wheels are coming off in a big way. ÖHK better find something to take with them after tonight's game. Nerves?

Old
09-16-2009, 01:28 PM
zecke26

Quote:
5-0... Christ almighty. What a night. The wheels are coming off in a big way. ÖHK better find something to take with them after tonight's game. Nerves?
laziness? the past seasons the team was always unmotivated. we blamed the div.1 beer league. i guess in allsvenskan you need to play a different kind of hockey. hopefully they get it after a few games.

Old
09-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Ribban

Quote:
laziness? the past seasons the team was always unmotivated. we blamed the div.1 beer league. i guess in allsvenskan you need to play a different kind of hockey. hopefully they get it after a few games.
Nah. They beat BIK convincingly in Karlskrona, and they wouldn't have played SSK tough if that was the case, even if SSK isn't the hottest bid in the SEL, they are still in the SEL.

From what the reporters say, ÖHK looks slow and "uninspired," coming late or completely wrong to most situations, which results in penalties. But the point I'm making is that from the looks and comments, ÖHK is playing worse tonight than it has in the pre-season, so I'm thinking the emotions backfired a bit after the two early goals and then an early 3-0 in P2 knocked the wind out of them. Let's also not undersestimate what a couple of early goals will do for BIK in a game like this.

I just hope Örebro gets up for the 3rd and learn from this one. AIK is coming next if I'm not mistaken, and beating them would almost make up for losing this... not really though.

Old
09-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Ribban

Listening to Örebro - AIK on p4-örebro.
It sounds like Örebro does everything but score early in the 2nd, but it is what it is.
I can't help to smile when I hear the dialect of the talking heads though. It's Närke all the way! :-D

The thick "L"'s... L-övdahl

The mysterious U's that in Närke magically turn into Ö's... "röff & gröff framför måll"

Other highlights:

"Vosh out"
"scriinar"
"Påver pl-äj"
Seckönder
Kl-öbb kamrater
Pöcken
Ful-t spel
ujejuj, vicken chans
Föllt antal göbbar
Pöck förl-öster
"Jag öndrar hur iisen är... pöcken gliiider inte som den ska... mycke röll"
Priceless. I can't even be upset about ÖHK burning one opportunity after the other.

Old
09-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Ribban

ok... bisittaren, Staffan Tholsson, summerar 2:a perioden, vilket låter vettigt.

Örebro har spottat upp sig och skapar lite chanser, men AIK har kontroll på händelserna, och man får intrycket att om det skulle behövas kan AIK slänga i en växel till och åka hem till Solna med 3 poäng utan några större skavanker.

Old
09-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Ribban

Hmmm... It looks like DC is demoted to the thrid line already?!?
Funny place for such a "ace in the hole" that Fahlander described him as.
I mean if the guy isn't quite up to par in the first couple of practices and first game, wouldn't you make sure you let him play as much as possible to find his rytm?

Old
09-21-2009, 01:51 PM
zecke26

i only use NA's ticker today and am watching FBK-SAIK. it seems that the game isn't worth paying more attention.
before the game i wondered if they practiced boxplay at least. bergström and johansson answered that question pretty fast.

Old
09-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Ribban

First "W" for the season!
Even if it came after penalties against Elfsborg's Hockey Club, it's sure as hell better to go home a winner than losing a game they probably anticipated to win.
Mora at home is next, which I think is great, as I want to see how they will react to winning a game.
The word is that they have looked lathargic and slow with tremendous difficulties to finish off their chances. Nervousness? Failure to skate as a team? Inexperience with HA tempo? Lack of confidence?
Maybe the win can help sooth several of those ailments.
Mora is a good team, which is good because it will be obvoius if ÖHK is improving or moving along horizontally in the "learning curve."

Old
09-22-2009, 04:46 PM
zecke26

Quote:
The word is that they have looked lathargic and slow with tremendous difficulties to finish off their chances. Nervousness? Failure to skate as a team? Inexperience with HA tempo? Lack of confidence?
maybe is has to do with being 63% on PK and dead last in that category.
it doesn't help that half of the penalties are hooking which is usually a sign of being a step too slow.

Old
09-23-2009, 01:44 AM
Ribban

Quote:
maybe is has to do with being 63% on PK and dead last in that category.
it doesn't help that half of the penalties are hooking which is usually a sign of being a step too slow.
Agree. BUt why are they all of a sudden so slow? Apparently hey had better speed during the pre-season games in the middle of camp than they do now.
I think the lack of speed (hence the penalties) is just the symptom of one or several diseases.

PK will get figured out once they have a chance to work on it as a team. Right now, that hasn't happened very much due to late arrivals.

Again I haven't seen them yet, so for me it's hard to have an opinion.

Old
09-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Ribban

First real "W" for Örebro tonight against Mora in Behrn Arena. Nice.

Suspect dip in the second when they let Mora go from 1-5 to 4-5 in about three minutes. But, from what I heard, the game was all about up and down in the two first periods, which the audience loved, but probably drove the coaches nuts. Too bad the attendance was so poor. Only 1,600 people had found their way down to the East German prison bunker, called Behrn Arena... No wonder Behrn is having a hard time peddling new construction.

Two of the goals from Mora in that 2nd period stretch came on breakaways after ÖHK had had close calls for 1-6 and 2-6. I wonder if the guys were having their arms and sticks in the air as opposed to back checking. After that, and in the 3rd period, it was obvious that the Andersson's had talked about the concept of playing defense in ice hockey, as Örebro was a little bit more timid in their attacks.

BP looked better according to my "scouts," and the new line with Matzka, Strömberg, and Löwdahl seemed like it worked out fairly decent.

Noteworthy is that Jonasen got his second goal for the season in typical fashion, and DC got a nice assist, so maybe, maybe the players are starting to settle into their roles, finding each other a little bit better, and execute according to Peter and Mozart's vision a little closer.

Anyway, it's a good feeling to have finally gotten the first real HA win after all these years, and it didn't hurt that it came against a fairly well established team like Mora.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Ribban

Örebo is looking really good against Leksand after 2 periods, thank you S24.se. LIF has been damn lucky so far, or rather Örebro has managed to choke in the defining moment, but 3-2 for LIF after two doesn't leave agood taste in my mouth. I hope the players can use the late LIF go-ahead-goal as fuel for the third becasue they have worked hard, and I wonder how much they can possibly have left in the tank.

WTF is up with all the diving on OEL? He is making a complete fool of himself out there tonight. Finally, after 5 ridiculous dives, when he on the 6th makes a somersault in open ice for no reason does he get called for diving. Way to grow a pair, ref! Amazing and pathetic to see a guy of that caliber act like that.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:41 PM
zecke26

well...4-6 in leksand i consider a good result. and it shows that the guys have finally arrived in allsvenskan. that's all i care about for now.

Old
09-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Ribban

6-4 LIF (OEL with the EN in the last minute). But, I have a hard time to be bummed regardless.
Örebro worked their tails off and look very capable of beating Leksand. They get themselves in most of their own trouble by getting a little to close to one another when supporting the puck, which enabled LIF to play two guys with one defender and then get off on the breaks with the odd defender if and when ÖHK turns it over.

LIF did show why they are a top team in HA, as they executed nicely when given time and space. No doubt.

But overall, pretty decent speed, nice forecheck, I like how ÖHK finishes off their checks, and I loath the OEL flopping that put ÖHK in PK mode twice in the second before the ref decided to call him on it. ÖHK were then pinning LIF back in their zone and could very well have changed the dynamics of the game right then and there.

A few more games like this, and ÖHK will be "the coming from nowhere surprise team" on quite a few bloggs.

Last edited by Ribban: 09-30-2009 at 04:08 PM.