Old
06-09-2008, 05:56 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
and the new starting goalie is:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=309

i've never seen him play, but his stats look like he could be a pretty good D1 goalie.
He was pretty clutch in allsvenskan IIRC.

Quote:
and at least he's no finn.
The point of this being? That he can't stickhandle? That he doesn't play up to his potential?

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 06:05 AM
zecke26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
The point of this being? That he can't stickhandle? That he doesn't play up to his potential?
just bad luck with all those finns. they are all cursed as soon as they arrive in örebro.

nah...i'm fine with finns. and if a finn would mean that you support örebro from now on, then i really want a finn on this team.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 06:10 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
nah...i'm fine with finns. and if a finn would mean that you support örebro from now on, then i really want a finn on this team.
Meh. If they'd make allsvenskan one day, I'd likely have one or two more teams that I'd prefer over them, seeing as I live in Dalarna ^^

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 06:23 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Meh. If they'd make allsvenskan one day, I'd likely have one or two more teams that I'd prefer over them, seeing as I live in Dalarna ^^
bah...it's all svealand!

(at least i think it is. swedish regions and provinces are a mess. )

Old
08-08-2008, 05:46 AM
zecke26

gordie dwyer is back in örebro!!!

Old
10-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Ribban

Gotta' say, as critical as I was of the federation last year, and still am about how the divisions are structured from Allsvenskan and down, they did get one thing right this year, which was putting Vita Hästen and Örebro in the same division 1. Kumla and Lindlöven are probably grateful for having ÖHK back in the same division as well, even if they would never admitt that.

So, cudos to SHF for that.... BTW, where is VIK and Bofors?!?

Oh!.. Crap!..

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Ribban

I guess Örebro's players all enjoyed beating the pony tonight. :-)

Old
03-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Ribban

Seems like the skaters in the defensive zone need to stay with the skaters in the offensive zone and vice versa. What's even more remarkable is that they have no goalkeeper at all.

http://www.svenskhockey.tv/mychannel...57B0F06F450C68

Old
03-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Ribban

Kvalserien here we come!

Old
03-10-2009, 06:25 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Kvalserien here we come!

i can't believe they finally made it to kvalserien. i had to check twice just to believe it's true.

what are the odds for ending up on 3rd place because of blowing the final game?

Old
03-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Ribban

Quote:

i can't believe they finally made it to kvalserien. i had to check twice just to believe it's true.

what are the odds for ending up on 3rd place because of blowing the final game?
Well, let's see... they beat Huddinge on the road in OT, and they got the better of Tingsryd at home. According to the "hockey affecionades in Örebro" that would be the best team from Allsvenskan and the best Div 1 team so far.

So, with that as a back drop, I say they will beat Valbo as well, just to really get people worked up, and then it'll be time to lose to Asplöven, a team that has started out dropping two straight games, 0-8, 0-8, but Asplöven plays typical Norrlands Hockey, which means ÖHK will be outskated and have about 40 penalties and then whine about biased refs becasue they keep calling hooking on ÖHK when all ÖHK's players do is using their sticks to keep Asplöven's players from skating, whereas Asplöven doesn't get penalized for anything.... not even skating too fast! Unfair. What nerve!

BTW, only one team goes back up to Allsvenskan. I believe they are trimming down the # of teams in AS for next year. Mariestad is already relegated. But, being a runner up in Kvalserien this year may not be a bad thing anyway. I can imagine there being a team or two that may find the economic pressures in Allsvenskan a little too tight to deal with and find the local swamps of Div 1 quite appealing after all.

Old
03-17-2009, 07:16 AM
zecke26

Quote:
So, with that as a back drop, I say they will beat Valbo as well, just to really get people worked up, and then it'll be time to lose to Asplöven, a team that has started out dropping two straight games, 0-8, 0-8, but Asplöven plays typical Norrlands Hockey, which means ÖHK will be outskated and have about 40 penalties and then whine about biased refs becasue they keep calling hooking on ÖHK when all ÖHK's players do is using their sticks to keep Asplöven's players from skating, whereas Asplöven doesn't get penalized for anything.... not even skating too fast! Unfair. What nerve!

that were exactly my thoughts when i saw asploven losing that badly. "this could be a problem for orebro, as usual."

Quote:
BTW, only one team goes back up to Allsvenskan. I believe they are trimming down the # of teams in AS for next year. Mariestad is already relegated. But, being a runner up in Kvalserien this year may not be a bad thing anyway. I can imagine there being a team or two that may find the economic pressures in Allsvenskan a little too tight to deal with and find the local swamps of Div 1 quite appealing after all.
oh wow. i doubt they can grab the 1st spot. nybro should make it. but yes, the runner up position could be worth something.

i really hope this time they can promote. i mean, it's about time to make it. although the lack of interest in their J20 team is a shame.

Old
03-18-2009, 01:09 PM
zecke26

at least they don't sleep in 1st period as usual and wait until late in the 2nd to come back and erase a usual 2-3 goal deficit.

1-0 after 20secs...very nice!

Old
03-18-2009, 03:20 PM
zecke26

6-2 win over valbo, next step taken!

tingsryd beats nybro and that means örebro hockey is #1. time to cancel the rest of the games.

Old
03-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Ribban

Well, my predicition lives!!!

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Örebro take the step up, but I wonder if they wouldn't pull a Mariestad if they did.

I don't beleive you can just buy a team and succeed, and ÖHK has done a better job with building a team this year. Props to them for that. Örebro is in a pickle right now though. They actually have a U20 team in superelit, but they have a hard time keeping their best talents in Örebro, as the kids want to play at a higher level than Örebro's current D1. Fahlander says that many guys would be interested in "coming home" if they made it to the AS. Who knows?

However, to stay on topic, the game against Valbo does knot my panties somewhat, and underscores my concern for games against better skating teams.

Valbo could barely make it out of their own zone according to NA's reporters. Örebro won the shots 48-18, and the score ended up 6-2.

However, somehow, Valbo ends up with 8 mins in the sin bin, and Örebro manages to make 5 trips there for a total of 10 mins (6 mins for slashes and hooks). Now, if the game is that loopsided, I question how Örebro can't seem to keep their sticks on the ice and move their feet!

As cocky as some of the ÖHK's supporters are about their current standing, one should know it has only been because of God's grace and solid boxplay that ÖHK survived against Huddinge and Tingsryd. They may strike lucky a few more times, but why not recognize the disease and try to work out the solution?!

Exciting game against Nybro coming up. I'm sure they are dying to show Örebro a thing or two after losing to Tingsryd. However, if Örebro pulls that off, they are looking at Asplöven.

As the schedule turns, they have Huddinge and Nybro in Örebro, and will go to Småland to face Tingsryd. Tingsryd and Örebro went to a shootout last time they played in Småland, but by all means, Tingsryd was robbed in regulation, so I'm hoping Örebro figures out how to keep their sticks on the damn ice and far away from their opponents in a heart beat. It'd be a shame to lose another great opportunity becasue of absolutely idiotic penalties.

Last edited by Ribban: 03-19-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old
03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
zecke26

Quote:
I don't beleive you can just buy a team and succeed, and ÖHK has done a better job with building a team this year. Props to them for that. Örebro is in a pickle right now though. They actually have a U20 team in superelit, but they have a hard time keeping their best talents in Örebro, as the kids want to play at a higher level than Örebro's current D1. Fahlander says that many guys would be interested in "coming home" if they made it to the AS. Who knows?
that's the key. they can only survive if they get better players. not sure how big the payroll could be.
and good juniors...well...that's to not caring about the team, the J-20 got relegated. so guys like jellvert will most likely leave. and that's a shame. a solid J-20 should be possible if you take orebro lan as recruiting area. and with a solid junior team and the pro team in allsvenskan, players like jellvert would maybe stay, because they could develop in allsvenskan which is not a bad thing.

and who could come back to orebro anyway? i hoped that emil axelsson could come back, but he's hardly progressed the past seasons. he might not even be a good addition for allsvenskan.

Quote:
As cocky as some of the ÖHK's supporters are about their current standing, one should know it has only been because of God's grace and solid boxplay that ÖHK survived against Huddinge and Tingsryd. They may strike lucky a few more times, but why not recognize the disease and try to work out the solution?!
what's the solution? i think they always signed by scoresheet and never looked about the rest. orebro is a top-team in division 1 and was able to attract the better players, they just took the wrong guys. nothing against dwyer, but i'd rather see a speedy, good skating canadian instead. speed and skating would be the key to promote.

the chances this season are good, but my doubts are big. nevertheless 8 points out of 9 is good. let's go step by step.

Old
03-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Ribban

Quote:
what's the solution? i think they always signed by scoresheet and never looked about the rest.

I think it has to do with the locker room more than anything else. The kind of penalties I fume about are the hooks, slashes, and trips 200 feet from your own goal, or in neutral zone becasue you were out of position. The problem I have with Örebro per se, is that they have several of those in any given game, and a ton of those in the "big games," normally.

To me, this is the responsibility of the coaching staff and the captain(s) of the team to focus everybody and recognize what's killing them.

Old
03-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Ribban

Ahh... Just to shut me up, ÖHK came out and played extremly disciplined against Nybro, and beat them in Victoria Hallen, 2-1.

Huddinge came back and beat Tingsryd at home, 3-1, and Asplöven is getting up to speed again and hammered Valbo, 4-0, in Haparanda.

We now have the following set up:

Team________GP____TP

Örebro HK____4_____11
------------------------
Huddinge_____4_____10
Tingsryd AIF__4______6
Nybro________4______6
Asplöven_____4______3
Valbo HC_____4______0

ÖHK is heading to Haparanda to take on an Asplöven that seems to have recouperated from injuries and a demanding road trip, which they had little or no time to prepare for. Both teams are then heading to Örebro as the schedule turns around.

Huddinge hosts Nybro, and Tingsryd is heading to Valbo to do what they need to do at this point.

The next two rounds could be very interesting indeed. I have more concerns about the two games against Asplöven than I had about going to Nybro, a team that after all played in AS this season.

I hope Örebro's disciplined game today carries over. They will need it.

Old
03-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Huddingebo

As you can see in my "nick" im a Huddinge Supporter.

We were lucky yesterday against Tingsryd, they had the game under control until 13 minutes to the end.

Man this League is horrible for me to go through. I want the last game in Örebro to mean something.

Our next three games is Nybro Home(tomorrow), Nybro away and Tingsryd away. Those games are going to make or Break us.

Huddingebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Ribban

It really bothers me to think that Örebro might have to spend another year playing teams that are basically slamming a couple of brews before the games before having a chance to play the handful of teams that are seriously about building an "elite" organisation and compete.

My heart also goes out to Huddinge in that same way. As a matter of fact, all the teams in this Kvalserie are in that situation, and a handful of teams from Allettorna as well.

Somebody said somewhere that AIK and Leksand's brands are whittering away in Allsvenskan... they haven't seen jack.

I'm all for the idea that if you aren't good enough for the SEL or the AS, you shouldn't be there, but holy f-ing cow. It's as if the federation is letting you know that if you aren't good enough for Allsvenskan, you may as well hang'em up.

Please note, I'm not proposing to expand Allsvenskan. I think what they are doing this year is a good thing, I'm proposing a serious revision to the Div 1 level.

Old
03-24-2009, 03:24 PM
zecke26

now i'm really pissed!!!

what a bunch of idiots!!!

ribban, you're too blame. your negative talk about the team caught them.

Old
03-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Ribban

Quote:
now i'm really pissed!!!

what a bunch of idiots!!!

ribban, you're too blame. your negative talk about the team caught them.
Siiigh....

I take full responsibility.

ÖHK is up 2-0 with 8 minutes left to play in the game and manages to lose 3-2 in OT.

Coach Peter Andersson said before the game that the game plan was simple, keep the sticks on the ice. At the end of the game, we have 20 mins in the penalty box for slashing, hooking, and tripping... uh.. oh.. one crosschecking as well!

The 2-2 goal was a kick according to all sides but the ref, but really does it matter and what's the excuse?!? Seven guys are gone from Asplöven's team, ÖHK let up 3 shots on net in the first period, and they still can't bring home the 3 points.

Memo to ÖHK: This isn't freakin' soccer when you can sit back and safeguard a 2-0 lead with half a period left to play, and there is NO excuse for doing it against a lesser team and allow them to get back into the game.

To battle the demons, I hereby predict five straight wins in regulation for Örebro.

Huddinge lost to Nybro and Tingsryd came back and won against Valbo, so I guess the series lives like never before as the schedule turns around....

1. Örebro 12 pts.
-------------------
2. Huddinge 10 pts.
3. Nybro 9 pts.
4. Tingsryd 9 pts.
5. Asplöven 5 pts.
6. Valbo 0 pts.

Asplöven at home next.

Old
03-25-2009, 08:17 AM
zecke26

Quote:
To battle the demons, I hereby predict five straight wins in regulation for Örebro.

seriously, that team should be ashamed and blow away asploven at home. but they won't.

i mean...they somehow managed to be on top after 5 games. so at least it's the right direction. like i wrote earlier, we go step by step.

Old
03-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Ribban

Quote:
that team should be ashamed and blow away asploven at home. but they won't.

I have a funny feeling that they just might.

Old
03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
zecke26

Quote:
I have a funny feeling that they just might.
they are lazy bums!

but at least:

victory!