HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr

Old
11-07-2007, 01:02 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Jagr

ok.....now before anyone goes off and says how dumb i am for recomending this, i was wondering if it would be a good idea for jagr, who is not at 100% to sit a few games so that the rest of them team can start to create offense without him while he gets back to 100%.........the team seems to always defer to him and without him there i was wondering if it would help them start creating plays that dont always go through him?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 01:04 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

It could work, but it's risky. If the defense plays like has recently (with the exception of 3rd period last night and ATL game) then it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Of course I doubt Jagr wants to sit and I doubt if he's even really hurt too badly with how he's been playing the last two games.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 01:06 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
It could work, but it's risky. If the defense plays like has recently (with the exception of 3rd period last night and ATL game) then it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Of course I doubt Jagr wants to sit and I doubt if he's even really hurt too badly with how he's been playing the last two games.
agree, It def could work but is risky, he don't want to sit anyway. Renney isn't going to tell him he's not allowing him to play. I'd like to see how the team reacts when Vallys in net too.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 04:39 PM
The Thomas J.*

The only way Jagr sits is if he is injured to the point that he can't play, he is banged up, but he is out there every game, hard to believe Jagr has not missed a game since coming to the Rangers.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 06:16 PM
PromNite
This is awkward...

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
If Jagr sits, with the way that he has been playing, I will personally draft a "Fire Renney" petition.

Gimme a break...

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Fletch

If he's hurt...

he should sit. The guy's had groin problems in the past. If there is a groin injury, he shouldn't be a hero and risk a real tear which could cause him to be out some length of time. He's getting older and tweaks shouldn't be taken lightly. The season's too long to worry about a couple games in which Jagr may not play.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 07:48 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
he should sit. The guy's had groin problems in the past. If there is a groin injury, he shouldn't be a hero and risk a real tear which could cause him to be out some length of time. He's getting older and tweaks shouldn't be taken lightly. The season's too long to worry about a couple games in which Jagr may not play.
those "couple games" could make a BIG difference come april

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 10:00 PM
tjs252

I trust Jagr enough to know his own body at this point. If he says he can go, he can go.

tjs252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 10:41 PM
hwp109

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs252 View Post
I trust Jagr enough to know his own body at this point. If he says he can go, he can go.
I agree. He's a veteran, and a leader. and I doubt he'd risk the team losing over him being injured.
they called up moore this week just incase.
and i think that shows he knows when and when not to play.

hwp109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 10:54 PM
ThirdEye

Like The Thomas J. said, Jagr hasn't missed one game since coming here. I am going to trust that he knows his own limits right now

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 11:10 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
ok.....now before anyone goes off and says how dumb i am for recomending this, i was wondering if it would be a good idea for jagr, who is not at 100% to sit a few games so that the rest of them team can start to create offense without him while he gets back to 100%.........the team seems to always defer to him and without him there i was wondering if it would help them start creating plays that dont always go through him?

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 11:52 PM
The Thomas J.*

it was being discussed in the game thread last night & I agree, what has troubled me about Jagr this season has been his non-ablity to break away from a defender & use his strength to lean into the slot, he is missing that extra gear he has had for nearly his entire career, Jagr never had blazing speed, he used his great acceleration & aglity to make things happen. his nagging hammy,groin injury & age will certanilytake that aspect of his game away.

Unless he is nearly crippled because of a tear or certain broken bones he ain't sitting.

Old
11-08-2007, 01:13 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
why is it such a bad idea.......you say nothing.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 05:14 AM
JagrisBest

Jagr: 210 102 160 262

I love JJ. Is team leader,is best player(with Henke)team!!!!!!

JagrisBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Jim Ramsay

All these people that want to see this team play without Jagr are sick, you think the offense is bad now, how much better do you think it could be without him in the lineup? I know there is this theory that without him the team would pick up the offense but Jagr doesn't play on every line....Every game there are 9 other forwards who play on lines without Jagr, there has been plenty of time for them to pick up the offense by now....

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I bury this here: Eklund continues his nonsense and non-news news

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
After looking at thoselines you made and now this your 50-50 with me.

cause it can be a good idea for jagr to sit a few games, but is it smart and how would jagr react to that, thats my biggest worry.

will he come back stronger and more willing?

or

Angry and spitefull and emotionless?

i dont know, i dont think it should be done.

I do wonder if jagr was traded what NYR could get for him. A top 6 winger a couple first rounders and maybe a id level prospect, who knows. I love Jagr and he can be dangerous, but we could get in return would most likey be insane.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:55 PM
The Thomas J.*

Why does everyone thing Jagr is always so unhappy??
So if Jagr doesn't up 40+ goals a year he isn't happy??

Old
11-08-2007, 02:28 PM
beastly115

Quote:
why is it such a bad idea.......you say nothing.....
Players sit when they're playing badly, not leading the team in points. Renney would be sending him the wrong message by sitting him.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I don't think he's happy with where the Rangers are at, but that doesn't mean he's unhappy with playing in NY and all, just means he wants to be winning again. I don't want to see any player on the Rangers happy with where they're at now or how things have been going this year.

Eklund's rumors sound ridiculous to me.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 02:52 PM
OpieAnthony

I don't think it would be a bad idea. The whole offense center around Jagr. If he is not there the players will change it up a bit and try something new. There is plenty of talent to get it done without him. Give teams a different look.

OpieAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 03:00 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpieAnthony View Post
I don't think it would be a bad idea. The whole offense center around Jagr. If he is not there the players will change it up a bit and try something new. There is plenty of talent to get it done without him. Give teams a different look.
And then what?

11-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpieAnthony View Post
That's the general theory behind it. It might force the players to adapt. However, barring an injury to Jagr, there's no way Renney would be able to pull it off without sending the wrong message to the fans, the media, the team...or Jagr.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Levitate

Eh, what about the players who aren't playing with Jagr and still aren't scoring? I guess one could argue that they're "looking to Jagr to provide most of the offense" and that's why they're struggling, but seriously, the 2nd and 3rd lines should be able to generate pressure and goals regardless of how Jagr is playing. He still draws the top defensive assignments, not matter what.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Well he did have that rep , i believe with pitts and Wash, so its almost like you assume thats why he seems not in place.

I think he is injured at the moment and been since day 1. Anyway he does at times seem like he may be moody, but maybe thats just me.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote