HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rostislav Klesla

Old
11-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Pluckfur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Actually that wasn't a hissy.....

If you want to give Rusty a free ride, so be it. I, personally, find it insane that you constantly find excuses for why all these people aren't performing (or you just flat choose to ignore they aren't performing) to their capabilities, instead of placing the blame where it belongs. On the players.

Rusty's performance hasn't been bad, he's certainly one of our better performers. He has had plenty of time under Hitch's system and he's been one of our better defenders for years now. And, yes, he would be the first to tell you that. He's not going to give excuses and he likely not going to want you to give him any.

You are entitled to your opinion, doesn't mean that I can't strongly disagree with you. Everyone that posts has had their opinions shot down, you and I are no different....

So back to my original point. As of the beginning of this year, I am not buying into all this garbage about the past and how it affected this team. These guys admitted they have have never been more prepared for games then they are now and they admitted the system works. It's time for them to execute or find a job on another team. If you find that a hissy, it's not.. It's what Hitch talked about before. The bar has been raised, my expectations are higher. Get on board, it's better then accepting mediocrity.

Slap on some teflon skin. When you make a woe-is-me, I was abused by previous management speach, I'm going to strongly disagree with you every time...
I find it amusing that you accuse me of being an apologist for this team. Your assessment of my post is absurd. Downright odd, actually. Your post was (and remains) a big ole hissyfit. But, yanno, you do what you have to do, blah.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 07:36 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
big ole hissyfit....
Re: Big Oli... He was awesome.

Little known fact: His brother Jurki Hissenphfit played for Halifax.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 05:03 PM
wildone26*

He seems to be playing better lately.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 06:22 PM
disgruntledPSLholder

renion preserved my post for posterity, unfortunately. /shakes fist at wildone

Last edited by disgruntledPSLholder: 12-30-2007 at 07:55 PM.
disgruntledPSLholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Renion

Edit: Doing disgruntled a favor, hehe.

Last edited by Renion: 12-30-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 03:51 PM
wildone26*

I noticed he is 2nd in ATOI among Blue Jackets defencemen. That shows the coach has confidence in his performance so far which is a good sign since he can still get better. Am I the only one who thinks he is playing better the last few weeks then he was the few weeks just before that?

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
I noticed he is 2nd in ATOI among Blue Jackets defencemen. That shows the coach has confidence in his performance so far which is a good sign since he can still get better. Am I the only one who thinks he is playing better the last few weeks then he was the few weeks just before that?
I don't really know...I'll tell ya, in all my years of watching a favorite team and getting to know those players darn well Klesla is a guy I just can't seem to hate or love... In any given game he seems to do the job without being noticed for great plays or pathetic plays...sort of like an alter boy/girl at church, they do their job so well no one notices they are even there....

The one thing I do notice and miss, his heavy scoring shot from the point. There was a day he would score on the PP, or pinch in for a wicked score above the circle, I miss that.

We have three talented defenseman who can shoot the puck, we lack guys willing to fight for position in the crease screening the goalie...., many games our power forwards simply don't have the desire to work and pay the price to win. This will change one way or another if I know Hitch (which I don't from a personal perspective but do from an experienced fan perspective).....

Last edited by Robert: 01-03-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 05:26 PM
CBJSlash

I've been long on record of saying Klesla is my boy:

Here is his stat line

4 goals, 6 assists, +5, 24 PIMS

He's really cut down on the bad penalties that plauged him last season.

If you double his numbers he'd be at

8 goals, 12 assists, +10, 48 PIM which I think most of us would be thrilled about.

Sure he will make a bad pass, but if you watch enough every player does. The only BAD play I can remember from Klesla this year was when Erat drove right around him.

He is 25 years old and there is still another level of potential for him. He has to figure out what he wants to be. If he packs on another 15 pounds (and his frame would allow it) he could become a big time blueliner for us.

I will say that I think he has a tendency to get rattled if he makes a bad play. He has to have a shorter memory and more confidence.

He is signed for less than 2 million, he is a 25 year old #3 defensemen with potential. He has a good head and attitude and I don't ever forsee him wanting huge cash (more a Vyborny type here). I hope we keep him and sign him to another nice long extention.

Not to mention he is playing out of position and has all year.

CBJSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Renion

My opinion of him hasn't changed since November. I do wish he'd hit the net more often, though.

I think the team "wins" no matter what is done with Klesla: if we trade him and get a player we need more than we need him, that's a win. If we hold onto him and have him playing for us during his peak years, that's a win.

I honestly don't think anymore that he will live up to the potential he's shown in brief flashes, but I'd certainly be comfortable keeping him as he is. I'll always wish he was more aggressive, because I truly feel that is when he plays to his potential and becomes a dominant force on the ice.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
I honestly don't think anymore that he will live up to the potential he's shown in brief flashes, but I'd certainly be comfortable keeping him as he is. I'll always wish he was more aggressive, because I truly feel that is when he plays to his potential and becomes a dominant force on the ice.
I second that....I've seen his aggressive play at times, when seen I like what I see... (I play poker)

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Whaley Klesla 97

I think he is solid...yes he is my favorite player but I honestly feel the only bad defenseman we have is Westcott....Klesla could put more on net and take more chances...but I think the style he plays is a good fit for what we need.

Whaley Klesla 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
I've been long on record of saying Klesla is my boy:

Here is his stat line

4 goals, 6 assists, +5, 24 PIMS

He's really cut down on the bad penalties that plauged him last season.

If you double his numbers he'd be at

8 goals, 12 assists, +10, 48 PIM which I think most of us would be thrilled about.

Sure he will make a bad pass, but if you watch enough every player does. The only BAD play I can remember from Klesla this year was when Erat drove right around him.

He is 25 years old and there is still another level of potential for him. He has to figure out what he wants to be. If he packs on another 15 pounds (and his frame would allow it) he could become a big time blueliner for us.

I will say that I think he has a tendency to get rattled if he makes a bad play. He has to have a shorter memory and more confidence.

He is signed for less than 2 million, he is a 25 year old #3 defensemen with potential. He has a good head and attitude and I don't ever forsee him wanting huge cash (more a Vyborny type here). I hope we keep him and sign him to another nice long extention.

Not to mention he is playing out of position and has all year.
I like Klesla and have enjoyed the maturity he's developed on the ice. The other notable difference is his improved physicality and the lack of injuries (knock wood) that kept hitting him in the early years. He's a good defenseman, has a great attitude, work ethic, and a loyalty to this team. His salary is a pittance compared to his value to our blueline.

(Rusty has the shot ... Hitch just hasn't quite figured out how to get him to best utilize it yet.)

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote