HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Andrei Medvedev - holy crap

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 06:18 PM
hardcore_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
Many of the young Swedes have bad acne problems as well...............
Have either of you thought it might be because they are teenagers?I mean I can go to to any highschool in North America and find just as many acne riddled kids as on any other continet.

Old
01-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Red Bull

You guys are just mad because he beat your hero Fleury in 2002.

Old
01-15-2004, 06:29 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore_fan
Have either of you thought it might be because they are teenagers?I mean I can go to to any highschool in North America and find just as many acne riddled kids as on any other continet.

Obviously it is a puberty thing. I just find it interesting that these countries routinely have players who have bad acne problems. Ofcourse there's the odd one from other countries, but you have to admit there seems to be a higher proportion from these two. Some people are just a little more observant

Old
01-15-2004, 06:36 PM
The Big P

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
Obviously it is a puberty thing. I just find it interesting that these countries routinely have players who have bad acne problems. Ofcourse there's the odd one from other countries, but you have to admit there seems to be a higher proportion from these two. Some people are just a little more observant
A while back, I read a National Geographic magazine which basically had a special on Russia and I seem to remember the author explaining the aftereffects of the polluted air and water, acne/bad skin being one of them. Please Correct me if i'm wrong.

Old
01-15-2004, 06:48 PM
SerbianEagle

Quote:
Ime not poking fun at them ..merely making an observation ..it seems a high number of the Russian juniors have bad acne ..and maybe eating cup cakes and donuts and stuff has something to do with it .That and maybe acne soap hasnt been introduced to the Russian youth .
I am sure you just got yourself in Don Cherrys good books. nothing like making fun of Russians? Are you that stupidly ignorant. The world does not revolve around North America. yes Europe even has computers if you can believe it.

Must come as quite a shock.

Old
01-15-2004, 06:54 PM
icarus

Last stats I've seen, Medvedev had been putting up some great numbers sharing the #1 duties for Spartak Moscow in the Russian Upper League. Hard to tell anything about his conditioning or anything like that from North America (he could be a disaster), but the numbers seem to be there. Hopefully some Russian posters can find some up-to-the-minute stats for the big guy.

Old
01-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Red Bull

His record is 8-0-2 with a 1.77 GAA in case noone has already said that.

Old
01-15-2004, 07:34 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
This thread has inspired me!

<----

Old
01-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponic Harold
Ime not poking fun at them ..merely making an observation ..it seems a high number of the Russian juniors have bad acne ..and maybe eating cup cakes and donuts and stuff has something to do with it .That and maybe acne soap hasnt been introduced to the Russian youth .
This is coming from a guy with a pot leaf in his avatar.

Quote:
His record is 8-0-2 with a 1.77 GAA in case noone has already said that.
In the Super League?

Old
01-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Hydroponic Harold

Last time i checked Pot didnt give you zits.Computers in russia ..really ..that means they have electricity ..right .

Old
01-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Jacob

No, but according to posters in this thread, the munchies DO give you zits.

Old
01-15-2004, 09:24 PM
icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
In the Super League?
No, in the Upper League (as I mentioned previously).

In any case, those stats are two months old. Hopefully someone has some up-to-date stats.

Old
01-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponic Harold
The announcer said the Russian entourage had to step in at the team meals because he ate almost everything on the desert tray .....now i know why the Russian team players are all full of acne .
Wow... you'd believe anything. Hey, did you know flu shots are actually mind manipulaters?

As for acne... its called GENES! Look it up in a dictionary if you want. Look up metabolism while you're at it too.

By the way, in the middle of your and everyone else's mocking, if you think he's too fat to get up and make a save, why don't you guys trying out for Spartak and see if you can beat him out? And when you can't, all laugh my ass off at all you armchair health dimwits that you couldn't even beat out this supposed load of goo that you're all making fun of.

Old
01-15-2004, 09:44 PM
psycho_dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
Bottom line is that if he makes it to the NHL in the shape he's in, it would be a disgrace. This isn't baseball or football. Nobody wants to see Cecil Fielder, David Wells or 'the fridge' in net for their team.

I would, if they would stop enough pucks. Who gives a **** if the guy is fat if he gets the job done.

Old
01-15-2004, 10:55 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
He was actually at 250+ at some point (see picture attached of when he was at his worst).

reports say that he was introduced to dietetics this year and that he understood the importance of being in shape if he wants to play at the highest level (in the past, he used to say in interviews that his weight was not a problem and that he would not see why he would have to lose some until someone tells him to; he was also mentioning drinking beers and eating junk food...)

Edit: just something, he was listed about 245 (i.e. 113 kgs) at the beginning of the season by the Spartak website).
http://www.spartak.ru/sezon23/comanda/medvedev.htm

Dude looks like Jon Levitz with yellow hair, no?

Old
01-15-2004, 10:57 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
Bottom line is that if he makes it to the NHL in the shape he's in, it would be a disgrace. This isn't baseball or football. Nobody wants to see Cecil Fielder, David Wells or 'the fridge' in net for their team.
I want a guy three times his size so he can cover the whole net without moving. He is on his way. No net to shoot at = no goals = best goalie of all time.
So yeah he knows what he is doing and is smart

Old
01-15-2004, 11:05 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

For someone who takes so much flak (and hey, I'll admit I've made a joke or two about Medvedev), Russia's junior team sure as hell looked better with him in net than they did with anyone else over the last few years. His conditioning is poor, but he's definitely got some natural talent.

Old
01-15-2004, 11:32 PM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
It'll be pretty easy to score on him when he's lying in the crease after he has a heart attack in the middle of play.

Seriously, 249 lbs between the pipes, that's just insane!

Closed Thread