HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dawes part 2

Old
11-08-2007, 01:10 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Dawes part 2

This is the thread for Dawes for all the for and against people on HF with him. After Dawes scored three goals in three games, everyone got hyped, and hated on Prucha (including myself) and people said give Dawes some more time to show he deserves to stay. Well, he's been pointless in his last 4 games played, however, his stats:

Shifts: 72
Ice Time: 54:00
Shots: 9
+/-: 1
Goals: 0
Assists: 0
PIM: 2

We have scored 7 goals in those 4 games.
He has been on the ice when 1 goal was scored for us, in that 4 game span.
(11/1/07) - Washington Capitals - Chris Drury from Staal and Shanahan.

He has been on the ice for 0 goals against us, in that 4 game span.

I think he's been generally good. Needs to shoot more, and the offense will come for all (as we keep saying), thoughts?

Last edited by RMcDonagh: 11-08-2007 at 04:19 PM.
RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I like him. People like to mention that he scored 3 goals but has not scored since. But our team leader in goals has 4.

11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
This is the thread for Dawes for all the for and against people on HF with him. After Dawes scored three goals in three games, everyone got hyped, and hated on Prucha (including myself) and people said give Dawes some more time to show he deserves to stay. Well, he's been pointless in his last 4 games played, however, his stats:

Shifts: 72
Ice Time: 54:00
Shots: 9
+/-: 1
Goals: 0
Assists: 0

We have scored 7 goals in those 4 games.
He has been on the ice when 1 goal was scored for us, in that 4 game span.
(11/1/07) - Washington Capitals - Chris Drury from Staal and Shanahan.

He has been on the ice for 0 goals against us, in that 4 game span.

I think he's been generally good. Needs to shoot more, and the offense will come for all (as we keep saying), thoughts?
I think he has been just about invisible after his little 3 goals in 2 games,where half this board got so excited they wanted everyone scratched and traded so he could get 20 minutes per game.

Either way keep him on the third line ith third line mionutes. he hasnt really been doing anything but maybe the other night had a couple good shots, but that dont say much.

Overall he been a solid player, but nothing special.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:21 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I like him. People like to mention that he scored 3 goals but has not scored since. But our team leader in goals has 4.
totally....

the offense is beyond anemic...and it's not Dawes' fault.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
I think he has been just about invisible after his little 3 goals in 2 games,where half this board got so excited they wanted everyone scratched and traded so he could get 20 minutes per game.

Either way keep him on the third line ith third line mionutes. he hasnt really been doing anything but maybe the other night had a couple good shots, but that dont say much.

Overall he been a solid player, but nothing special.
I think he's done a lot in terms of forechecking and trying to be aggressive without being reckless. To chide Dawes for not scoring when the reset of the team isn't, is silly. He's had some wicked shots, several posts, and, as with the rest of the team, the goals will come.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:24 PM
94now

I've never liked the guy. Too small for Power Forward, too bulky for a pure sniper. Could be an offensive centre given his body type, but is a defensive liability. He is incidental scorer, i.e. someone have to create a scoring chance for him. He therefore is best suited for 3 line counter attacker that has a good initial long rage shooter, like Shanny, with him. As soon as Straka and Cally are back he is expandable and I personally want him out of this team, but not out of the system. He should be kept as a depth winger.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I've never liked the guy. Too small for Power Forward, too bulky for a pure sniper. Could be an offensive centre given his body type, but is a defensive liability. He is incidental scorer, i.e. someone have to create a scoring chance for him. He therefore is best suited for 3 line counter attacker that has a good initial long rage shooter, like Shanny, with him. As soon as Straka and Cally are back he is expandable and I personally want him out of this team, but not out of the system. He should be kept as a depth winger.
I agree 100% but in so many ways he sounds just like Prucha, as much as I like the kid, in all reallity he needs a play maker. Just for the fact Prucha can not make plays happen him self. As of the last couple seasons he was successful do to the fact of PP time and playing with Jagr.

but it still makes him valuable as a finisher. now if dawes was top produce like prucha, then i would be more lenient on him, but until he does, like you said. He is a god depth winger.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:30 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
have you seen him play?.......he needs people to create chances for him?...that would be prucha....he creates things by himself, he is an above average passer and his snap shot is very quick.....if he wasnt a nhl player, why did he take a shot in the shootout........and that bulky body allows him to keep his balance when hit most of the time, for such a "small" forward you dont see him on the ice very much.....and who said he is a "power forward"

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
have you seen him play?.......he needs people to create chances for him?...that would be prucha....he creates things by himself, he is an above average passer and his snap shot is very quick.....if he wasnt a nhl player, why did he take a shot in the shootout........and that bulky body allows him to keep his balance when hit most of the time, for such a "small" forward you dont see him on the ice very much.....and who said he is a "power forward"
He's a Dawes hater, you should've seen what he was saying in the LAST Dawes thread! I kid, 94, I kid.

I hope this thread doesn't devolve into another Prucha vs Dawes thread. They both are potentially dynamic players that represent this team's commitment to youth and the revitalization of our farm system. This board seems to view Pru & Dawes as "stealing" the other's ice time or their position on the team, when they are different types of players who should be filling different roles. Both are suffering from the same issues that are plaguing the whole team, but both are delivering despite the lack of goal scoring.

Can we agree to disagree on who is "better", and use this thread to discuss the relative +/- of Dawes?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:50 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
He's a Dawes hater, you should've seen what he was saying in the LAST Dawes thread! I kid, 94, I kid.

I hope this thread doesn't devolve into another Prucha vs Dawes thread. They both are potentially dynamic players that represent this team's commitment to youth and the revitalization of our farm system. This board seems to view Pru & Dawes as "stealing" the other's ice time or their position on the team, when they are different types of players who should be filling different roles. Both are suffering from the same issues that are plaguing the whole team, but both are delivering despite the lack of goal scoring.

Can we agree to disagree on who is "better", and use this thread to discuss the relative +/- of Dawes?
I didn't mean for it to be therefore I hope it doesn't turn out to be.

I think he's been pretty invisible since then, but like the statistics say, he hasn't done anything bad and I haven't seen him do anything bad...third liner I'd hope when we get our guys back.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 01:55 PM
In The Flesh

No way can Dawes be at any point of blame. This teams offense is putrid!!! Gotta blame the offense for that. I like the way he plays, keep him here.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 03:19 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
No way can Dawes be at any point of blame. This teams offense is putrid!!! Gotta blame the offense for that. I like the way he plays, keep him here.
He is there. But even if he scores tonight, I doubt that Callahan, Straka or even Hossa or Prucha will sit to accommodate the guy. I root for him tonight.

Old
11-08-2007, 03:36 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Are you talking about Dawes????

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Nich

to bulky for a sniper?

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Fletch

In other words...

Dawes has 3 goals in 10 games...not bad for a third liner with limited (1:07/ game) PP time...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 11:01 PM
NYR Viper

Dawes with another point tonite on a great assist to dubi for his first goal....i like the way he plays, he plays with his head up and makes good decisions with the puck

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 11:08 PM
jmb9191

Hossa's gotta go.

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 11:16 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Dawes did have a good game tonight. You can expect a rookie to play a great game after great game. He might have played a few average games after his 3 goals, but tonight he showed again why he should stay.

Its going to be so hard for Renney when Straka and Cally come back. Can't sit either of them.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 11:18 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
Hossa's gotta go.
agreed or he takes hollwegs place

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 11:21 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Hossa isn't going anywhere.

I agree though, as a HUGE Hossa supporter he has not been giving us any offense. But man, his defense is great, drop Hollweg and put Hossa there when Straka/Cally returns. Hossa is our 2nd best PKer after Betts.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 11:44 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Hossa's gotta go.
let him take Hollwegs spot and give Pruch or Dawes a shot with Jagr

preferably Prucha

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Draft Guru

I'll agree that Hollweg should be the one to sit. Callahan and Avery can throw the body like Hollweg does yet both chip in offensively. Orr and Strudwick can drop the gloves. I love Hollweg but for the best interests of the team he needs to sit. He's such a good teammate though that I wouldn't waive him/trade him, but he should be the one to sit on a regular basis if everyone is healthy.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 08:04 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
I'll agree that Hollweg should be the one to sit. Callahan and Avery can throw the body like Hollweg does yet both chip in offensively. Orr and Strudwick can drop the gloves. I love Hollweg but for the best interests of the team he needs to sit. He's such a good teammate though that I wouldn't waive him/trade him, but he should be the one to sit on a regular basis if everyone is healthy.
Everybody seem to agree that team has to be balanced, yet people often fail to understand, what does that exactly mean.

Hollweg-Betts-Orr is out best line. They do not score. They don't have to. Scoring is not the most valuable contribution of the team success. We need to win. Hollweg and the other two, therefore, are as important as Lundqvist. Does anyone blame Henke for not scoring? This line is the only finished product we've got up front. The other 3 lines need some work. You replace Hollweg with Dawes when Cally and Straka are back and you'll have more Gonchar type of goals scored against us cause Dawes needs to learn how to block the shots. Blocking the shots required as much, if not more skill with respect to timing as shooting. Why? Because you need to know the shooting well enough to understand how to time your blocking slide. Dawes clearly lost to Gonchar last night. I do not see Hollweg being as erroneous. Can Dawes learn how to play defense? Sure. But he has to do it in Hartford or on bottom 6.

Old
11-09-2007, 08:21 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I wouldn't quite say that Dawes had a good game last night. He had a couple good shifts in the third (one of which he made a great play to assist Dubinsky) and that was the extent of it.

He's been very quiet lately.

and not to draw towards Prucha, but even though he hasn't been scoring (quite frankly, right now he can't score for ****), he's been playing harder than almost any other Ranger. He gives 100%, has been far from a defensive liability and is fearless. That fearless factor is one thing that I don't see in Dawes that I see in Prucha and in Callahan.

Anyway, I still think Dawes will be sent down simply because he can be sent down. Jagr is loving Dubinsky and quite frankly I think Dubinsky is playing excellent hockey and is only getting better. So Dubi is staying. I don't think Renney wants to put Prucha or Callahan on the 4th line either (then again, sometimes who knows with Renney).

Only 3 forwards AFAIK can be sent to Hartford. 1. Dawes 2. Dubinksy 3. Callahan
I'm not quite sure what Callahan's status would be though since he's been here for a while, but I think he's still on a 2 way contract.

So either Dawes is sent down or someone is traded. I think the former quite frankly.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 11-09-2007 at 08:33 AM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 09:16 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Everybody seem to agree that team has to be balanced, yet people often fail to understand, what does that exactly mean.

Hollweg-Betts-Orr is out best line. They do not score. They don't have to. Scoring is not the most valuable contribution of the team success.6.
Wouldn't quite say they are the best line, but this line is very valuable and would not like to change it. They are playing very well recently.

Quote:
Hossa's gotta go.
Yes. Especially when Straks and Cally are back b/c they can both kill penalties, and are better offensively. This is a failed experiment, thats time to be done w/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I wouldn't quite say that Dawes had a good game last night. He had a couple good shifts in the third (one of which he made a great play to assist Dubinsky) and that was the extent of it.

He's been very quiet lately.

and not to draw towards Prucha, but even though he hasn't been scoring (quite frankly, right now he can't score for ****), he's been playing harder than almost any other Ranger. He gives 100%, has been far from a defensive liability and is fearless. That fearless factor is one thing that I don't see in Dawes that I see in Prucha and in Callahan.
Prucha has been quiet the entire year except for the first game. He as 1 freakin goal. He score that on the first game. He is another that should be seein some pine time once the team is healthy. His one job is to score. He isn't doing that.

And people please stop making it seem that Prucha is the only player that gives 100%every game. It's just not true. The whole d gives it their all, dubi, cally, straks, the 4th line, avery, lundy, dawes, gomez, drury. The only players that seem to take a night here and there is Hossa, Shanny, and Jags. And even Jags has been playing ridiculously ferocious lately. His d has been phenominal. So stop w/ the Prucha 100% crap. If he doesn't score he doesn't deserve to play. He is paid to be a goal scorer, he isn't the greates defenesively, isn't a good checker, or fighter, doesn't kill penalties. In all you really wouldn't notice the difference if he was on the ice or wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
let him take Hollwegs spot and give Pruch or Dawes a shot with Jagr

preferably Prucha
Prucha doesn't play the style Jagr likes. It won't work. Dawes might b/c he plays well w/ Dubi and Jags likes playing w/ Dubi. I would definately try this combo.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote