HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

$100 million

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 07:29 AM
ema76

vCash: 500
$100 million

what do you guys think on MLSE spending $100 on financing a football/soccer stadium then spending it on getting better players for the leafs.

Old
01-15-2004, 07:42 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Just to add, it's a 35 year lease, after which time the stadium will be donated to the University.

Apparantly Tenenbaum wanted a piece of the action in ownership of the Argos but missed the boat.

Old
01-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Hounsy

They spend enough on Leaf salaries so yes even as a Leaf fan it's none of my business where else MLSE spend their other money.

Last edited by Hounsy: 01-15-2004 at 07:53 AM.
Old
01-15-2004, 09:08 AM
loveshack2

The salary structure for this season is pretty well set, may pick up a rental or two at the deadline but nothing major.

Next season there is likely to be no hockey.

Season after that there is likely to be a salary cap.

So really, they wouldnt be able to spend that $100 million on hockey players even if they wanted to.

Old
01-15-2004, 09:10 AM
fezzik

Send a message via MSN to fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to fezzik
The 100 million is also building a practice rink for the team that would be down the street. I think that MLSE will easily make the money back on the deal and remember they won't have to buy the land.

They will rent to the Argo's and Canadian Soccer teams for games. also the rink might be where the St. Mikes Majors could play. They do want to get out of the little rink on the school grounds.

Either way I think it is a move to have MLSE to own all the sports franchises in Toronto.

Old
01-15-2004, 09:51 AM
ema76

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzik
The 100 million is also building a practice rink for the team that would be down the street. I think that MLSE will easily make the money back on the deal and remember they won't have to buy the land.

They will rent to the Argo's and Canadian Soccer teams for games. also the rink might be where the St. Mikes Majors could play. They do want to get out of the little rink on the school grounds.

Either way I think it is a move to have MLSE to own all the sports franchises in Toronto.
I agree that MLSE will eventually buy all the sports franchises in toronto and bring other sports franchises to toronto (ie, NFL MLS), however, will they be willing to build a basball only stadium. Since the skydome sightline all the worst for all events and that' why the jays and argos are not doing as well as they used to. I kow the jays they well but once the magic of winning left peope realized how bad the skydome was and have stayed because of it.

Old
01-15-2004, 09:59 AM
buckpunny

i go to one of the schools up for the bid, so i'm biased when i say...

AWESOME.

Old
01-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

The Leafs spend in excess of $60 million on payroll.

Way, way more than enough as it is.

Closed Thread