HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Tuesdays Isles vs Rangers Game controversy?

Old
11-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Dipietro39

vCash: 500
Tuesdays Isles vs Rangers Game controversy?

Steve Summers and WFAN complained tuesday night that a couple of the isles goals should not have counted due to a kick in and one that hit the crossbar?? First time i heard this and was wondering what you guys thought.

Dipietro39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 04:28 PM
JR#9*

I didn't hear anything about it

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 04:30 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I heard Sommers complaining about something, wasn't sure though.

I don't really know what's going on.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 04:31 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipietro39 View Post
Steve Summers and WFAN complained tuesday night that a couple of the isles goals should not have counted due to a kick in and one that hit the crossbar?? First time i heard this and was wondering what you guys thought.
i don't know about any of that but i heard dipietro might have played the puck out of the trapazoid. also what happened on the sutton-prucha play? the idiots on vs. decided not to chat about what penalties were called, i know one thing and that is i hate sutton as much as i hate exelby, people talk about hollweg and his hits, sutton head hunts with his elbows all the time! hate that guy!!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
A missed kick in I can buy, but not a crossbar. They check that over and over again. Remember how long it took then to get that goal against Atlanta or Buffalo in the PS right? I thinkit hit the post, but across the goal line, and came almost straight out?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Dipietro39

Well i sat right behind were DP played that puck in the 3rd and he made a very smart play by waiting untill it just got out of the trapazoid to play the puck. I did not understand what happened on the Prucha play. Sutton deffinetly got the intial call, and i thought Avery was going to get the other.

Either way both teams are on the right track and it would be an epic matchup if we met in the playoffs. Here is to DP and Henry making the all star team

Old
11-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Richard Park 10

Steve was the same guy who called islanders cry babies after they tied the score and the goal was disallowed in the chris simon game.

he is a die hard rangers fan but sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. He is in the ratings business and the rangers=ratings. promoting the rangers and trashing the islanders = ratings.

Richard Park 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 04:35 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadge1 View Post
Steve was the same guy who called islanders cry babies after they tied the score and the goal was disallowed in the chris simon game.

he is a die hard rangers fan but sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade.
my god man thats a nice avitar!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Dipietro39

What goal could have been kicked in?!?!?

Hunters goal was on a ripper to the top shelf.
Feds goal was also a one timer into the net on the PP
Satan shot went right over his henrys Shoulder.

Old
11-08-2007, 04:50 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

Pointless thread since even if something was found it makes no diff now anyways. And yeah, hella nice avatar.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 04:53 PM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Hockey Talk on FAN!!!!!!! You gotta be kidding me!

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 05:23 PM
In The Flesh

yup posted it twice in the GDT, he's sending a tape to the NHL, as he said. WFAN does talk hockey, you gotta listen thou, Somers mainly talks about it, couple days ago, M&M talked about Al Arbour night, and earlier today JOe and Evan were bashing the devils attendence.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Well i sat right behind were DP played that puck in the 3rd and he made a very smart play by waiting untill it just got out of the trapazoid to play the puck. I did not understand what happened on the Prucha play. Sutton deffinetly got the intial call, and i thought Avery was going to get the other.

Either way both teams are on the right track and it would be an epic matchup if we met in the playoffs. Here is to DP and Henry making the all star team
Ummm. Exactly. The trapezoid is the area behind the net where you're ALLOWED to play the puck. DiPietro let the puck go into the restricted corner area and then played it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Levitate

One of the goals might have gone off the post, but they were all definitely in. And I have no idea what he could be talking about in terms of a kick, unless he meant an Isles player kicked a Rangers player and it went unpenalized/caused a goal against the Rangers.

Meh. The legit calls were the weird even up call against Prucha and possibly the DiPietro pluck playing incident (didn't notice it at the time, can't say if it's true or not)

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
E_Godard

talk about desperation... I suddenly pictured that scene in planet of the apes when that guy sees the statue of liberty and realized things suck.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 05:41 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Ummm. Exactly. The trapezoid is the area behind the net where you're ALLOWED to play the puck. DiPietro let the puck go into the restricted corner area and then played it. Thanks for clearing that up.
I think he was trying to say DiPietro waited for it to come out of the no play zone and back over the goal line. The puck appeared to be on the line when he played it.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 05:47 PM
dkatzism

vCash:
Somers needs to shut his face and take a loss like a man.

Old
11-08-2007, 05:52 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Yeah... Schmoozer is reaching here a little.

There's no possible way any of the goals could have been kicked in.

As for the calls, I thought they were bad on both sides, but Prucha shouldn't have been called for anything when Sutton was looking to take his head off. Sutton should have been ejected from the game for intent to injure.

The one thing that pisses me off is the bs behind the play and after the whistle that Brendan Witt gets away with. I think officials around the league should start watching the crap he pulls.

Old
11-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
The one thing that pisses me off is the bs behind the play and after the whistle that Brendan Witt gets away with. I think officials around the league should start watching the crap he pulls.
They can't, they are too busy watching Hollweg sit on the bench for most of the game thanks to BMan. He makes any sudden movements he goes right to the box

And I don't see what this guy is complaining about.. even if any of the goals were kicked in or hit the crossbar, they would of went to review. Even though they were all clear as day good shots right in the net.

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 06:54 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoZ View Post
They can't, they are too busy watching Hollweg sit on the bench for most of the game thanks to BMan. He makes any sudden movements he goes right to the box

And I don't see what this guy is complaining about.. even if any of the goals were kicked in or hit the crossbar, they would of went to review. Even though they were all clear as day good shots right in the net.
I 110% agree with everything you've said in this post.

It's unreal, Witt has a reputation for punching players in the back of the head, taking extra liberties after the whistle on players moving away from the crease, and yet, Hollweg, who although is a dirty player and has a bad rep to boot, is the one being watched like an eagle? It's bs, they won't call a damn penalty for him.

It's pointless having Hollweg in our lineup. Honestly, I'd rather get rid of him and bring Dominic Moore back. While I was all for giving Adam Hall a shot, I'm definitely not against giving Moore another shot here. I think he could be a good fixture on the 4th line, as he can actually score a goal or two. Hollweg seems to score as often as Haley's Comet comes around. Not only that, but Moore is a smarter player, a better pk guy, is faster, and plays a better game. I think he'd mesh better with Betts and someone else (Greg Moore or Dane Byers preferrably, over Orr).

Old
11-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Couldn't care less. Game's over. On to Pittsburgh.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I 110% agree with everything you've said in this post.

It's unreal, Witt has a reputation for punching players in the back of the head, taking extra liberties after the whistle on players moving away from the crease, and yet, Hollweg, who although is a dirty player and has a bad rep to boot, is the one being watched like an eagle? It's bs, they won't call a damn penalty for him.

It's pointless having Hollweg in our lineup. Honestly, I'd rather get rid of him and bring Dominic Moore back. While I was all for giving Adam Hall a shot, I'm definitely not against giving Moore another shot here. I think he could be a good fixture on the 4th line, as he can actually score a goal or two. Hollweg seems to score as often as Haley's Comet comes around. Not only that, but Moore is a smarter player, a better pk guy, is faster, and plays a better game. I think he'd mesh better with Betts and someone else (Greg Moore or Dane Byers preferrably, over Orr).
Quoted for truth.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 07:49 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Steve Sommers here... AND YOU THEAAAAAAAAAAAARE!!!!!!!!!

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 08:20 PM
303Joe

Quote:
The guy is an idiot. He stuff got old about 10 years ago and he still uses the same crap. Whenever he is on you can turn the radio off as any info. he uses on the show is from the papers. If the idiot bothered to watch the game how could he even say one of those goals was kicked in or off the crossbar. Hunter and Satan went high on Lundquist and they were clearly in and Fedotenko snapped a one timer home from the side of the net. He was doing he usual covering up and giving the usual excuses whenever the Isles beat the Rangers.

303Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Islanders4Cups

Quote:
Please!!!!

Steve Somers thankfully gives hockey some coverage ... but those goals were up high and almost went through the net. Wake up Stevie, you are starting to sound like Sam Rosen..

Islanders4Cups is offline   Reply With Quote