HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs fan seem to underrate desrving players!!

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2004, 11:45 AM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Actually watch the games instead of spewing out stats. He has been and continues to be insulated by Julien. He rarely faces opposing top lines. Good coaches get their line combos. Its not game after game, as how you notice is that Ribeiro completely useless 5 on 5 for way too many games. There are still too many games that he is a passenger. Stats are nice to look at, but they are deceiving. He has racked up points versus bad teams and on the powerplay, but 5 on 5, he leaves a lot to be desired. That is what separates the "good" second line centres, and the average ones.

Again, he is getting the job done point wise, no body is disputing that. Until he proves to be able to play against top lines or shut down lines (which you would see he is doesn't do because Julien realizes his shortcomings), there is no way you can consider him a good second line center. That is just my opinion.
sure , i understand your point Nash13 ,i know that stats don't tells everything .But if you look at the production of the second line centers of the league , you will see how far they are from Ribeiro ; I don't care about witch line Ribs is facing ; i care about the fact that he produce .

I know that he's not a complete player and he's not the perfect second liner to bring the team to the cup finals , but i don't beleive that we are cup contenders anyway .So , by now he's exellent in his role.

Old
01-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Habsaku

I have no problem with the first two lines, I'd rather see us get some help on the third, for now and the future. I don't believe we have close to enough size there and I can't see anyone in the organization right now as a checking line center. Also, no Joe Juneaus please.

Old
01-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
sure , i understand your point Nash13 ,i know that stats don't tells everything .But if you look at the production of the second line centers of the league , you will see how far they are from Ribeiro ; I don't care about witch line Ribs is facing ; i care about the fact that he produce .

I know that he's not a complete player and he's not the perfect second liner to bring the team to the cup finals , but i don't beleive that we are cup contenders anyway .So , by now he's exellent in his role.

Understand and I agree. For now what he is doing is fine, but the original idea was him being a "good second line centre on a contender" right now. That is one thing I will dispute until he proves capable of playing against opposing best players no matter how many points his scores.

Its great he is putting up points, and he has the potential to be much more. Its just RIGHT NOW, CURRENTLY, you can't compare him to the "good" second line centres despite his point totals. He hopefully will learn and grow into the role, time will tell, its all about whether he wants it enough because the talent is there.

Closed Thread