Nice AJC article about the 4th line

Old
11-09-2007, 08:18 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

vCash: 500
Nice AJC article about the 4th line

http://www.ajc.com/thrashers/content...sher_1109.html

These guys have been playing well recently. They haven't scored, but they have been spending alot of time in the opponents offensive zone.

It is amazing what happens when you keep a bunch of guys on the same line for more than 2 games. Those guys are due to score.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Slater, Boulton, Thorburn are doing a good job, and Holik takes a well deserved twist on the knife in Hartley's back:

"They're the reason why we're doing better," captain Bobby Holik said. "They're being used properly."

Hartley coached the Thrashers like a complete moron, which is bizarre because he's a smart man and a very nice guy. But he was a horrible coach for Atlanta.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Hartley coached the Thrashers like a complete moron, which is bizarre because he's a smart man and a very nice guy. But he was a horrible coach for Atlanta.
Disagree. He got this team to the playoffs and barring a total breakdown in goal would have done the same 2 years ago. He's a good coach, his message just wore out.

Boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 10:27 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
Disagree. He got this team to the playoffs and barring a total breakdown in goal would have done the same 2 years ago. He's a good coach, his message just wore out.
The two things that annoyed me most were the inconsistency of the team, and his juggling of the lines(perhaps the two were related?).

But I agree in principle. He was over .500 with the club while here, and if not for the goalie debacle he would have made the playoffs twice.

His message did wear out, and I am glad he is gone, but I don't like all the Hartley hate I hear out of the Thrashers team. I suppose it is a reflection of what a hard coach he is to play for, because it was the same thing we heard from many Colorado players after he left there.

Old
11-09-2007, 04:47 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

In Custance's blog today, Slater said they want to be called The Greek God line, because they are so sculpted.....

I think that is hilarious. Very Chuck Norris, so I shall refer to them as that from now on.