HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TB/DAL Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2004, 11:55 AM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

vCash: 500
TB/DAL Proposal

Matvichuk upcoming UFA?:

TB: Richard Matvichuk

DAL: 2nd Round Pick + 3rd Round Pick

Matvichuk upcoming RFA?:

TB: Richard Matvichuk

DAL: Alexander Svitov

Old
01-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Starsdude

Matty is a UFa to be. I would actually do this deal although Klemm is probably more available as is Teppo if you can get him to waive the NTC. Unlike M+G I believe we need to rebuild and a 2 and a 3 with Columbus's 2 and the Hatch comp pick which will also be a two would give them a nice start

Old
01-12-2004, 05:46 PM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
Matty is a UFa to be. I would actually do this deal although Klemm is probably more available as is Teppo if you can get him to waive the NTC. Unlike M+G I believe we need to rebuild and a 2 and a 3 with Columbus's 2 and the Hatch comp pick which will also be a two would give them a nice start
I don't think Dallas gets a compensation pick for Hatcher signing with Detroit. I might be wrong but, Dallas' payroll is too high.

Old
01-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyByngJeanRatelle
I don't think Dallas gets a compensation pick for Hatcher signing with Detroit. I might be wrong but, Dallas' payroll is too high.
Yes we do, we get a late 2nd..

As for the trade proposal, Matvichuk has rebounded nicely and is starting to play up to par again, he's playing like a #4 now but I figure once he is completely recovered he might just be the #3 like the old days. That said, I do see some value, and the Svitov proposal definitely interests me, however, the Stars need defensemen. Zubov, Boucher and then what? Numminen and Sweeney will either retire or sign somewhere else, Klemm is an UFA, and as is Matvichuk. So I'd rather adjust our biggest need by trying to re-sign Matvichuk and still have a somewhat sound Defense, rather then trade him and have a defense with only 2 top 4 defenders. All this changes if management is completely serious about rebuilding though, then I'd take Svitov..

Old
01-13-2004, 01:19 AM
Bolthed

You'd never get Svitov for Matvichuk, IMHO. It just doesn't work having those two as centerpieces.

Matvichuk for picks and/or lesser prospects does, however, interest me greatly.

Old
01-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Ozy_Flame

Yeah, good luck getting Svitov for Matvichuk.......He'll garner no more than a 2nd and mid-round pick, tops.

Old
01-15-2004, 12:30 PM
TBLightning04

Svitov for Matvichuk? No chance.

Old
01-15-2004, 12:47 PM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLightning04
Svitov for Matvichuk? No chance.
The post said if Matvichuk is an upcoming UFA then the deal is a 2nd + 3rd for Matvichuk.

Old
01-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Bolthed

I'm not sure Matvichuk fetches TWO high picks, even at the deadline. Maybe a 2nd and a lesser prospect or a third and a mid-level prospect.

Closed Thread