HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

The all time best Leaf line?

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Charge_Seven

vCash: 500
The all time best Leaf line?

What line would you make, or lines would you make that would make the all time team? We're talking players in their prime here...

My line would likely be (I started watching hockey and remembering around age 5...):

Roberts-Gilmour-Nolan That line would be so damn intense...

Clark-Sundin-Mogilny Clarks young enough it could still happen ;-) lol

on defence I don't know...but I'm thinking offensively it'd be interesting to have watched Barilko-Kaberle on a powerplay together...from what I was told Barilko had been threatened to be traded if he kept on pinching in, and creeping towards the net...and we all know how well Kaberle CAN (is not doing it now though...) set up big goals on th epowerplay...

What do the wiser, older Leaf fans think...who would be the ultimate line? Ultimate team?

Old
01-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Big Mama*

My all time centre is Keon
All time left wing Mahovolich
All time right wing George Armstrong

D-Man Tim Horton
Bjore Salming

Goalie Bower Sawchuk

I like to see Williams Sittler McDonald wait a sec I did see that.Put Wendel on left
Wendel Sittler McDonald

My dad's all time favourite from the 30's
Busher Jackson Joe Primeau Charlie Conacher

Andreychuk Gilmour Mats Sundin
Paul Henderson Red Kelly Ron Ellis
Jim Pappin Bob Pulford Dick duff

We could also put Red on defence he did win a Norris in the 50's with the Red wings. I've always liked Mats on the wing rather than centre.

Last edited by Big Mama*: 01-15-2004 at 01:41 PM.
Old
01-15-2004, 01:39 PM
goteam

One of the best assembled lines in Leaf history is the "Kid Line" ---- Busher Jackson, Charlie Conacher, and Joe Primeau.

Personally if players could be taken from different eras then I'd pick-----Jackson-Gilmour-Keon.

Old
01-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

We haven't seen it yet ....

Alexander Steen centering Jeremy Williams and Jarkko Immonen ......

My Favorite was Sittler ...MacDonald and Errol Thompson who help Sittler record 10 points in a single game.... When a player can get that many points in a single game his line has to be up for the best ....

Old
01-15-2004, 06:17 PM
nordique

vCash:
Zezel.
Berg.
Osborne.

Old
01-15-2004, 06:29 PM
GoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTEAM
One of the best assembled lines in Leaf history is the "Kid Line" ---- Busher Jackson, Charlie Conacher, and Joe Primeau.

Personally if players could be taken from different eras then I'd pick-----Jackson-Gilmour-Keon.

Old
01-15-2004, 11:00 PM
MCD_93

My fave line ever ?
14-93-9

If I īd have to make a line out of all Maple Leaf greats, I would go
Andreychuk - Gilmour - Mogilny

I havenīt seen the 60īs Leafs play - sorry hockey gurus, but I guess Keon would have also been a nice center...itīs just... I love Dougie too much...

Old
01-16-2004, 12:54 AM
freshwind

best line

I'm with you Messenger. Best line I ever saw was Sittler/MacDonald/Thompson.
Cherry makes reference to it from time to time. He said- you just tried to keep that line to 2 goals to have a chnace to win. They all had over 40 one year I believe.
Thompson 48, Sittler 43, and MacDonald had 41 or 42. (sorry if my memory isn't right on)
Then we traded Thompson and a first to Detroit for Danny "snowshoes" Maloney - aaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old
01-16-2004, 05:31 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwind
I'm with you Messenger. Best line I ever saw was Sittler/MacDonald/Thompson.
Cherry makes reference to it from time to time. He said- you just tried to keep that line to 2 goals to have a chnace to win. They all had over 40 one year I believe.
Thompson 48, Sittler 43, and MacDonald had 41 or 42. (sorry if my memory isn't right on)
Then we traded Thompson and a first to Detroit for Danny "snowshoes" Maloney - aaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That line brings back great memories but that trade made me angry as well...Maybe they did it to groom their new coach in a few years as Maloney took over coaching the Leafs when his NHL days where done.... Only Harold Ballard would do things like that and we now the Hate he had on for Eagleson clients and eventually had all 3 players traded and run out of town...

Old
01-16-2004, 11:34 AM
Epoch

Clark.Gilmour.Andreychuk.

Closed Thread