HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phantoms Thread/ Phantoms sold -- February 4, 2009 (post #957)

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
I don't condone turtling, but when you're getting double-teamed that's plenty alright. Glad Cabana's alright.

Old
04-18-2008, 01:35 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
Is that automatic suspension territory?
I read the box score of the last regular season game against Hershey the one where Houle got into it and Grant McNiell of Hershey left the bench(according to the game box score). I dont remember seeing anything about him getting suspended. I thought it was 10 games btw, not 8.

Old
04-18-2008, 12:45 PM
avsgirl621

Grant Mcneil got a 6 game suspension for leaving the bench on Saturday night.

Old
04-18-2008, 12:49 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
He deserved it. What an idiot.

Phantoms are going to need Munroe to be better. 4 on 25 is unacceptable. And 0 on 39 is aswell. Score some goals!

Potulny had 7 shots!
Kind of doesn't matter how many Munroe let in if the Phantoms couldn't solve Michael Leighton.

Old
04-18-2008, 01:32 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsgirl621 View Post
Grant Mcneil got a 6 game suspension for leaving the bench on Saturday night.
ahhh ok. guess i missed that one.

Old
04-18-2008, 09:15 PM
John Flyers Fan

Phantoms win 3-0. Dominate, outshooting the Rats 40-18.

Ross from Rosie and Fitzpatrick on the PP

Zignoni from Potulny

Kane from Rosie and Anderson into an empty net.

None of the new guys (Nodl, Maroon, Ratchuk, Kalinski) dressed.

Old
04-18-2008, 10:48 PM
catchthesun

It wasn't necessarily domination. Don't get me wrong, it was a great effort but it was very much a back and forth game.

One of the Rats, Carson, was beating up Greentree after the game. We all didn't know about it until Matsumoto and co. came over to see what was going on over there. It's going to be a chippy game on Sunday, that's for sure.

Old
04-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
Phantoms win 3-0. Dominate, outshooting the Rats 40-18.

Ross from Rosie and Fitzpatrick on the PP

Zignoni from Potulny

Kane from Rosie and Anderson into an empty net.

None of the new guys (Nodl, Maroon, Ratchuk, Kalinski) dressed.
No Bellamy either. I would've liked to have seen those guys play but winning is more important i guess.

Old
04-18-2008, 11:46 PM
hockeyphan25

We knew guys would be coming in and out of the line-up because of all the guys on the roster but I for one didn't expect all of the new guys to be out of the line-up at the same time and I didn't expect to see Boulerice at all.

Old
04-19-2008, 07:20 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Maroon went in for surgery didnt he?

Old
04-19-2008, 09:46 PM
PhilaFlyers

they was barely anyone at the game

Old
04-20-2008, 08:32 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangla View Post
they was barely anyone at the game
That's not all that surprising for a couple of reasons...

1. Midweek games are poor draws
2. Playoff attendance is typcially a fraction of regular season attendance because there are virtually no group sales and the amount of comp'ed tickets is virtually none as the league controls ticket sales

Old
04-20-2008, 01:11 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
That's not all that surprising for a couple of reasons...

1. Midweek games are poor draws
2. Playoff attendance is typcially a fraction of regular season attendance because there are virtually no group sales and the amount of comp'ed tickets is virtually none as the league controls ticket sales
went to the ManchesterProvidence game last night in Manchester and the announced attendance was 3200 and change. for a Friday night game.
Even that was a bit more then I expected with the Bruins and Redsox both home.
im expecting less then 2k for game 4.

Old
04-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Chainsaw

Phantoms losing 3-0 to Albany in the 2nd

Old
04-20-2008, 05:45 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyadh View Post
Phantoms losing 3-0 to Albany in the 2nd
Munroe isn't the sure number 1 in my mind. They need to think about giving Teslak a playoff try, because he was good in his few starts.

Old
04-20-2008, 06:39 PM
PhilaFlyers

Phantoms lose 4 to 1, the lone goal was by Zingoni.

Old
04-20-2008, 06:42 PM
PhilaFlyers

Leighton stops 38/39
Munroe stops 21/25

Old
04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Guess we should of kept Leighton

Old
04-20-2008, 07:51 PM
drcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Munroe isn't the sure number 1 in my mind. They need to think about giving Teslak a playoff try, because he was good in his few starts.
I didn't think Teslak was all that good. He way overplayed shots and I have little confidence in him. I have more confidence in Houle ... and that's not saying much. Munroe is their best goalie, and generally has been quite good, with solid numbers much of the season. I don't think Munroe really fits yet as a number one, but the number one left to more or less sit on the bench in San Jose instead, so now they go with what they have and what they have is Munroe. The Phantoms would have had a serious chance at the Calder Cup this season with Boucher .... I don't think Calder Cups are won with Munroe. Not this season. I hope to eat my words, but I just don't see it, now now.

Plus, you know, the Phantoms need to actually score goals. Leighton's great but obviously beatable (Friday night?). I don't know what happened over the weekend but the Phantoms had only rare good chances against him tonight.

By the way, I really thought I was seeing things when Pelletier called hooking on Matsumoto when that Albany dude was on the ice, holding Matsumoto's stick as blatantly as I have ever seen a stick held by an opponent. I've witnessed some bad calls before, but this one was mind-blowingly awful.

Old
04-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHockey1967 View Post
For what? Winning minor league championships? At the end of the day, I don't think Leighton was going to be the answer to any goaltending problems. We'd be better off trying to raise some goalies with the Phantoms.
+1 I agree. It's nice to win championchips at the AHL level but grooming prospects is our number 1 cause.

Old
04-20-2008, 11:21 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
+1 I agree. It's nice to win championchips at the AHL level but grooming prospects is our number 1 cause.
problem is is that there aren't any good goaltending prospects in the Flyers organization. Munroe is a mediocre AHL starter at best. Beauchemin, Houle (who I had big hopes for) and Teslak clearly aren't the answers either. I'm also not sold on the skinny kid they drafted that's a back up at Notre Dame.

We need some real top notch goaltending prospects in the pipe. It's a shame that there aren't any real good goaltending prospects in this year's draft (not that I'm adbicating drafting for need over drafting the best player available, you never draft for need).

It'd be nice to see what Phoenix would want for Montoya. With Bryzgalov entrenched as the number one there, Montoya isn't going to get much time. The only other prospect I can think of would be Corey Schneider, but I doubt the Cannots move him.

Old
04-21-2008, 12:00 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
It'd be nice to see what Phoenix would want for Montoya. With Bryzgalov entrenched as the number one there, Montoya isn't going to get much time. The only other prospect I can think of would be Corey Schneider, but I doubt the Cannots move him.
I'm thinking Montoya's value is dropping every year, and he hasn't made a huge stride in his play lately. We could make a run at him, because the prospect pool there is very shallow.

Schneider may have been dealt earlier in the season, but either the Canucks decided to keep him around for themselves, or they were waiting for him to play well so that his value would go up. He's improved tremendously and is now playing closer to his potential, so he's ready to be dealt if that is still their plan.

There are a few goalies who are playing very well in the AHL that weren't expected to be there at all, so grabbing any of them may result in a nice surprise.

Old
04-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
problem is is that there aren't any good goaltending prospects in the Flyers organization. Munroe is a mediocre AHL starter at best. Beauchemin, Houle (who I had big hopes for) and Teslak clearly aren't the answers either. I'm also not sold on the skinny kid they drafted that's a back up at Notre Dame.

We need some real top notch goaltending prospects in the pipe. It's a shame that there aren't any real good goaltending prospects in this year's draft (not that I'm adbicating drafting for need over drafting the best player available, you never draft for need).

I agree 100% . But Munroe did deserve a chance to prove himself in the AHL playoffs so for no good. Bryzgalov is not that young so i'm not sure they'd want to move Montoya. And Schneider had a brilliant second half of the season with Manitoba Moose.

Old
04-21-2008, 08:00 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
If a better goalie keeps them in the playoffs longer, all the other prospects get better development. Just some food for thought there.

Old
04-21-2008, 09:30 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHockey1967 View Post
For what? Winning minor league championships? At the end of the day, I don't think Leighton was going to be the answer to any goaltending problems. We'd be better off trying to raise some goalies with the Phantoms.
If that is the case, then why was Boucher signed? He certainly isn't the answer to any goaltending problems.

If you look around the AHL most teams have a goaltending tandem of a veteran and a prospect. In the Phantoms case, it doesn't seem that they have either.

Closed Thread