HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phantoms Thread/ Phantoms sold -- February 4, 2009 (post #957)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2008, 04:08 PM
  #126
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
I don't condone turtling, but when you're getting double-teamed that's plenty alright. Glad Cabana's alright.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 01:35 AM
  #127
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
Is that automatic suspension territory?
I read the box score of the last regular season game against Hershey the one where Houle got into it and Grant McNiell of Hershey left the bench(according to the game box score). I dont remember seeing anything about him getting suspended. I thought it was 10 games btw, not 8.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 12:45 PM
  #128
avsgirl621
 
avsgirl621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: Canada
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Grant Mcneil got a 6 game suspension for leaving the bench on Saturday night.

avsgirl621 is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 12:49 PM
  #129
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
He deserved it. What an idiot.

Phantoms are going to need Munroe to be better. 4 on 25 is unacceptable. And 0 on 39 is aswell. Score some goals!

Potulny had 7 shots!
Kind of doesn't matter how many Munroe let in if the Phantoms couldn't solve Michael Leighton.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 01:32 PM
  #130
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsgirl621 View Post
Grant Mcneil got a 6 game suspension for leaving the bench on Saturday night.
ahhh ok. guess i missed that one.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 09:15 PM
  #131
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
Phantoms win 3-0. Dominate, outshooting the Rats 40-18.

Ross from Rosie and Fitzpatrick on the PP

Zignoni from Potulny

Kane from Rosie and Anderson into an empty net.

None of the new guys (Nodl, Maroon, Ratchuk, Kalinski) dressed.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 10:48 PM
  #132
catchthesun
Registered User
 
catchthesun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
It wasn't necessarily domination. Don't get me wrong, it was a great effort but it was very much a back and forth game.

One of the Rats, Carson, was beating up Greentree after the game. We all didn't know about it until Matsumoto and co. came over to see what was going on over there. It's going to be a chippy game on Sunday, that's for sure.

catchthesun is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 11:15 PM
  #133
Chainsaw
Registered User
 
Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
Phantoms win 3-0. Dominate, outshooting the Rats 40-18.

Ross from Rosie and Fitzpatrick on the PP

Zignoni from Potulny

Kane from Rosie and Anderson into an empty net.

None of the new guys (Nodl, Maroon, Ratchuk, Kalinski) dressed.
No Bellamy either. I would've liked to have seen those guys play but winning is more important i guess.

Chainsaw is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 11:46 PM
  #134
hockeyphan25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
We knew guys would be coming in and out of the line-up because of all the guys on the roster but I for one didn't expect all of the new guys to be out of the line-up at the same time and I didn't expect to see Boulerice at all.

hockeyphan25 is offline  
Old
04-19-2008, 07:20 AM
  #135
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Maroon went in for surgery didnt he?

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
04-19-2008, 09:46 PM
  #136
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,261
vCash: 500
they was barely anyone at the game

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
04-20-2008, 08:32 AM
  #137
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangla View Post
they was barely anyone at the game
That's not all that surprising for a couple of reasons...

1. Midweek games are poor draws
2. Playoff attendance is typcially a fraction of regular season attendance because there are virtually no group sales and the amount of comp'ed tickets is virtually none as the league controls ticket sales

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
04-20-2008, 01:11 PM
  #138
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
That's not all that surprising for a couple of reasons...

1. Midweek games are poor draws
2. Playoff attendance is typcially a fraction of regular season attendance because there are virtually no group sales and the amount of comp'ed tickets is virtually none as the league controls ticket sales
went to the ManchesterProvidence game last night in Manchester and the announced attendance was 3200 and change. for a Friday night game.
Even that was a bit more then I expected with the Bruins and Redsox both home.
im expecting less then 2k for game 4.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
04-20-2008, 05:37 PM
  #139
Chainsaw
Registered User
 
Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Phantoms losing 3-0 to Albany in the 2nd

Chainsaw is offline  
Old
04-20-2008, 05:45 PM
  #140
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyadh View Post
Phantoms losing 3-0 to Albany in the 2nd
Munroe isn't the sure number 1 in my mind. They need to think about giving Teslak a playoff try, because he was good in his few starts.

might2mash is offline  
Old
04-20-2008, 06:39 PM
  #141
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,261
vCash: 500
Phantoms lose 4 to 1, the lone goal was by Zingoni.

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
04-20-2008, 06:42 PM
  #142
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,261
vCash: 500
Leighton stops 38/39
Munroe stops 21/25

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
  #143
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Guess we should of kept Leighton

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
04-20-2008, 07:51 PM
  #144
drcrusher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Munroe isn't the sure number 1 in my mind. They need to think about giving Teslak a playoff try, because he was good in his few starts.
I didn't think Teslak was all that good. He way overplayed shots and I have little confidence in him. I have more confidence in Houle ... and that's not saying much. Munroe is their best goalie, and generally has been quite good, with solid numbers much of the season. I don't think Munroe really fits yet as a number one, but the number one left to more or less sit on the bench in San Jose instead, so now they go with what they have and what they have is Munroe. The Phantoms would have had a serious chance at the Calder Cup this season with Boucher .... I don't think Calder Cups are won with Munroe. Not this season. I hope to eat my words, but I just don't see it, now now.

Plus, you know, the Phantoms need to actually score goals. Leighton's great but obviously beatable (Friday night?). I don't know what happened over the weekend but the Phantoms had only rare good chances against him tonight.

By the way, I really thought I was seeing things when Pelletier called hooking on Matsumoto when that Albany dude was on the ice, holding Matsumoto's stick as blatantly as I have ever seen a stick held by an opponent. I've witnessed some bad calls before, but this one was mind-blowingly awful.

drcrusher is offline  
Old
04-20-2008, 10:56 PM
  #145
Chainsaw
Registered User
 
Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHockey1967 View Post
For what? Winning minor league championships? At the end of the day, I don't think Leighton was going to be the answer to any goaltending problems. We'd be better off trying to raise some goalies with the Phantoms.
+1 I agree. It's nice to win championchips at the AHL level but grooming prospects is our number 1 cause.

Chainsaw is offline  
Old
04-20-2008, 11:21 PM
  #146
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyadh View Post
+1 I agree. It's nice to win championchips at the AHL level but grooming prospects is our number 1 cause.
problem is is that there aren't any good goaltending prospects in the Flyers organization. Munroe is a mediocre AHL starter at best. Beauchemin, Houle (who I had big hopes for) and Teslak clearly aren't the answers either. I'm also not sold on the skinny kid they drafted that's a back up at Notre Dame.

We need some real top notch goaltending prospects in the pipe. It's a shame that there aren't any real good goaltending prospects in this year's draft (not that I'm adbicating drafting for need over drafting the best player available, you never draft for need).

It'd be nice to see what Phoenix would want for Montoya. With Bryzgalov entrenched as the number one there, Montoya isn't going to get much time. The only other prospect I can think of would be Corey Schneider, but I doubt the Cannots move him.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline  
Old
04-21-2008, 12:00 AM
  #147
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
It'd be nice to see what Phoenix would want for Montoya. With Bryzgalov entrenched as the number one there, Montoya isn't going to get much time. The only other prospect I can think of would be Corey Schneider, but I doubt the Cannots move him.
I'm thinking Montoya's value is dropping every year, and he hasn't made a huge stride in his play lately. We could make a run at him, because the prospect pool there is very shallow.

Schneider may have been dealt earlier in the season, but either the Canucks decided to keep him around for themselves, or they were waiting for him to play well so that his value would go up. He's improved tremendously and is now playing closer to his potential, so he's ready to be dealt if that is still their plan.

There are a few goalies who are playing very well in the AHL that weren't expected to be there at all, so grabbing any of them may result in a nice surprise.

might2mash is offline  
Old
04-21-2008, 12:11 AM
  #148
Chainsaw
Registered User
 
Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
problem is is that there aren't any good goaltending prospects in the Flyers organization. Munroe is a mediocre AHL starter at best. Beauchemin, Houle (who I had big hopes for) and Teslak clearly aren't the answers either. I'm also not sold on the skinny kid they drafted that's a back up at Notre Dame.

We need some real top notch goaltending prospects in the pipe. It's a shame that there aren't any real good goaltending prospects in this year's draft (not that I'm adbicating drafting for need over drafting the best player available, you never draft for need).

It'd be nice to see what Phoenix would want for Montoya. With Bryzgalov entrenched as the number one there, Montoya isn't going to get much time. The only other prospect I can think of would be Corey Schneider, but I doubt the Cannots move him.

I agree 100% . But Munroe did deserve a chance to prove himself in the AHL playoffs so for no good. Bryzgalov is not that young so i'm not sure they'd want to move Montoya. And Schneider had a brilliant second half of the season with Manitoba Moose.

Chainsaw is offline  
Old
04-21-2008, 08:00 AM
  #149
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyadh View Post
+1 I agree. It's nice to win championchips at the AHL level but grooming prospects is our number 1 cause.
If a better goalie keeps them in the playoffs longer, all the other prospects get better development. Just some food for thought there.

CantSeeColors is offline  
Old
04-21-2008, 09:30 AM
  #150
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHockey1967 View Post
For what? Winning minor league championships? At the end of the day, I don't think Leighton was going to be the answer to any goaltending problems. We'd be better off trying to raise some goalies with the Phantoms.
If that is the case, then why was Boucher signed? He certainly isn't the answer to any goaltending problems.

If you look around the AHL most teams have a goaltending tandem of a veteran and a prospect. In the Phantoms case, it doesn't seem that they have either.

pelts35.com is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.