Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Zach Bogosian/AJ Jenks/Greg Nemisz/James Livingston/Nathan Moon

Old
11-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

vCash: 500
Zach Bogosian/AJ Jenks/Greg Nemisz/James Livingston/Nathan Moon

Can anybody give me a sccouting report on any of these gusy?

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 04:26 PM
FTowwn

you will probably have better luck posting this on the Prospects Board

FTowwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
TheKingstonSenators

Nathan Moon is currently tied with Cory Emmerton as the leading scorer for the Frontenacs with 7 goals 17 assists 24 points with 8 pims and a minus 11.
He plays on the Fronts top line with Emmerton and Kang.
Probably one of our most consistant players

TheKingstonSenators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 07:31 PM
RUSqueelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingstonSenators View Post
Nathan Moon is currently tied with Cory Emmerton as the leading scorer for the Frontenacs with 7 goals 17 assists 24 points with 8 pims and a minus 11.
He plays on the Fronts top line with Emmerton and Kang.
Probably one of our most consistant players
Moon is also one of the quickest healers in the OHL.

RUSqueelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Default101

AJ Jenks should be a late 1st round pick, as a power forward, probably the best power forward available in the OHL since Anthony Stewart in 03

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 09:49 PM
JacksonGalaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg View Post
AJ Jenks should be a late 1st round pick, as a power forward, probably the best power forward available in the OHL since Anthony Stewart in 03
Wow, that's quite a stretch. How much have you seen of Jenks? I was at nearly every Whalers home game last season and a couple this year, so I've seen a lot of him. He's a big kid and filling out, he uses his size at times but he doesn't really dominate with it, as your comment suggests.

Playing on such a stacked Plymouth team last year, he was really thrown into a checking role. He was touted as a scorer and his abilities shone through at times but his defensive game really took off. He quickly moved onto the team's top penalty kill and was usually the top choice to take the defensive zone faceoff late in the game. With so many players moving on, Jenks has had all the opportunity in the world to showcase his offensive game and he hasn't really done that yet. He and Terry were supposed to lead this team offensively, Terry's stepped up, but Jenks is a little less than a point a game right now, playing on and off the top line. I really see him as more of a playmaker right now, but definitely a two-way player. I see him as a 2nd/3rd line pivot in the NHL, I don't think he'll be much of a power forward since he's not really using his size against OHL competition, so I'm assuming he won't against professional competition.

JacksonGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2007, 01:37 PM
RUSqueelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda View Post
Wow, that's quite a stretch. How much have you seen of Jenks? I was at nearly every Whalers home game last season and a couple this year, so I've seen a lot of him. He's a big kid and filling out, he uses his size at times but he doesn't really dominate with it, as your comment suggests.

Playing on such a stacked Plymouth team last year, he was really thrown into a checking role. He was touted as a scorer and his abilities shone through at times but his defensive game really took off. He quickly moved onto the team's top penalty kill and was usually the top choice to take the defensive zone faceoff late in the game. With so many players moving on, Jenks has had all the opportunity in the world to showcase his offensive game and he hasn't really done that yet. He and Terry were supposed to lead this team offensively, Terry's stepped up, but Jenks is a little less than a point a game right now, playing on and off the top line. I really see him as more of a playmaker right now, but definitely a two-way player. I see him as a 2nd/3rd line pivot in the NHL, I don't think he'll be much of a power forward since he's not really using his size against OHL competition, so I'm assuming he won't against professional competition.

I don't disagree with anything you say. I really like Jenks and think he's a very good player. But I'll add:

What he did and is doing now as a 16 and 17 year old is very good. Better then A. Stewart at his age.

And what you project him to be is better then what A. Stewart is going to be.

I guess everyone has a different defination of power forward so it's hard to argue for and against him being one. All I know is this kid has the potential to be a really solid hockey player.

RUSqueelin is offline   Reply With Quote