HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

work and hockey

Old
11-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Phoenix

vCash: 500
work and hockey

for those of you who have moderate to high stress jobs, do you find it affects your performance on the ice?

For me, especially if I've done long hours, it makes such a big difference to how well I play. eg. I miss pucks, can't skate as long....I just lack energy. But playing is good for me cos it gets my mind onto something I really enjoy! Just would like to be able to play better at such times

Anyone have tips on combating this?!

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 06:19 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
for those of you who have moderate to high stress jobs, do you find it affects your performance on the ice?

For me, especially if I've done long hours, it makes such a big difference to how well I play. eg. I miss pucks, can't skate as long....I just lack energy. But playing is good for me cos it gets my mind onto something I really enjoy! Just would like to be able to play better at such times

Oh yeah.. I do work and go to CEGEP. Its demend me too much energy to play in a high level hockey. When the elite hockey training camp start, I were one of the best and once the school start, I really suck.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2007, 04:42 PM
keoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

I go to Cegep and I work on the weekend, couples hours before my games. So when I play I just don't have the energy to compete well. Some person take red bull before the game but I found it disgusting. But playing hockey is a good way to forget all the problems that I have.

keoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2007, 04:50 PM
sc37

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs#1 fan View Post
But playing hockey is a good way to forget all the problems that I have.
Totally agree with that....when my week goes sucky with class and all, my game shows it cause I'm tired or my brain is elsewhere. But oh well, I have fun playing like crap and laughing about it afterwards

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2007, 08:38 PM
XweekendwarriorX

I have to agree idk if anyone ever seen the screen saver Nike/Bauer has but it simply worded how hockey effects my life and what i would do for this sport. http://www.nikebauer.com/site.cfm i think that it but thats exactly how i feel bout hockey.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2007, 08:53 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

on game days i do stay late at work, i come home and just relax.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote