HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

O'Neil on the block according to Bob McKenzie

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo's house
Tomas kaberle is a young top 4 defenseman and according to dudes on the bruins board kaberle for oneill and boughner is imminent

That's a possible deal. But can Toronto afford to give up Kaberle? Isn't their defense quite weak right now?

Old
01-20-2004, 05:32 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Tomas kaberle is a young top 4 defenseman and according to dudes on the bruins board kaberle for oneill and boughner is imminent
According to The Score, Pat Quinn is holding a press conference after the game. Not sure if this is significant but it is possible with all the chatter that something is going down. Have to think there is another move in the offing with the Markov deal. Does not make sense given the Canes depth at RW and lack of young d-men. If indeed it is a TO - Car deal I would expect it to be O'Neill and Boughner/Hill for both Antropov and Kaberle. Coliacovo while an interesting prospect would go against what JR stated yesterday.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:33 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
That's a possible deal. But can Toronto afford to give up Kaberle? Isn't their defense quite weak right now?
actually ya our d is pretty weak iI guess if we score 5 goals a game we can win I mean are full line up would include Moginly,Sundin,Roberts,Oneill,Nolan and wit Joe Niewydenyk(wrong spelling)

Old
01-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner
If indeed it is a TO - Car deal I would expect it to be O'Neill and Boughner/Hill for both Antropov and Kaberle. Coliacovo while an interesting prospect would go against what JR stated yesterday.
I would say that Kaberle and O'Neill's values are pretty even right now. Antropov is worth quite a bit more than a UFA to be.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:36 PM
ATG

Quote:
According to The Score, Pat Quinn is holding a press conference after the game. Not sure if this is significant but it is possible with all the chatter that something is going down. Have to think there is another move in the offing with the Markov deal. Does not make sense given the Canes depth at RW and lack of young d-men. If indeed it is a TO - Car deal I would expect it to be O'Neill and Boughner/Hill for both Antropov and Kaberle. Coliacovo while an interesting prospect would go against what JR stated yesterday.
Pat Quinn always has a press conference after the game so don't lead much into that.As for your proposal isn't oneill a ufa?or is he a Rfa?If he is a ufa that is way to much for maybe half a season

Old
01-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
actually ya our d is pretty weak iI guess if we score 5 goals a game we can win I mean are full line up would include Moginly,Sundin,Roberts,Oneill,Nolan and wit Joe Niewydenyk(wrong spelling)
That would definitely be an impressive forward unit, but as everyone knows, it's defense that gets it done in the playoffs. I can't see the Leafs trading Kaberle unless they were able to acquire a top 2 guy in a seperate deal. Hill and Boughner are decent d-man, but no better then #4 guys at this time.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Pat Quinn always has a press conference after the game so don't lead much into that.As for your proposal isn't oneill a ufa?or is he a Rfa?If he is a ufa that is way to much for maybe half a season
O'Neill is 28, he still has 3 years left until he becomes a UFA under the current CBA guidelines.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:38 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
thats the most realistic leaf offer ive heard yet, it fills some needs for sure. i agree with whoever said that it would weaken the leafs d. i like boughner-but kaberle is their most talented d.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:39 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
I would say that Kaberle and O'Neill's values are pretty even right now. Antropov is worth quite a bit more than a UFA to be.
So oneill is a ufa damn giving up kabby for him man i don't know about this it may blow up in the face of us toronto fans if Oneill leaves just like Wesley did last year.Hey Carolina again i smell a conspiracy especially if oneill signs a contract with carolina in the off season.It's like Carolina is pimping their players

Old
01-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
So oneill is a ufa damn giving up kabby for him man i don't know about this it may blow up in the face of us toronto fans if Oneill leaves just like Wesley did last year.Hey Carolina again i smell a conspiracy especially if oneill signs a contract with carolina in the off season.It's like Carolina is pimping their players
Sorry, when I said "UFA to be" I was referring to Hill/Boughner. I was just equating the players values, Kaberle=O'Neill, Antropov > Hill/Boughner.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:42 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
oneill=rfa....oneill=restricted free agent.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:45 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
Yeah I don't know why this is so hard to grasp. If I had a dollar for everytime a 28 year old RFA was called a UFA on this site I'd be able to get a new car stereo AND be able to take a trip to Vegas.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:46 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
ya i know now i was quoting Peter Grifffin when he was actually refering to Hill/Boughner

Old
01-20-2004, 05:48 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Yeah I don't know why this is so hard to grasp. If I had a dollar for everytime a 28 year old RFA was called a UFA on this site I'd be able to get a new car stereo AND be able to take a trip to Vegas.
it helps keep everything in perspective, no doubt. like why the trade offers are so slanted sometimes. not directed at you cujo-it has popped up a lot on this thread.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:49 PM
loveshack2

I would be wary of trading Kaberle if Im the Leafs but O'Neill might make it worth it. If Ferguson thinks he can acquire a rental top-4 before the deadline then I wouldnt put it past him to pull the trigger. The Leafs have been lucky to have a number of dman play better than they were supposed to this season (McCabe, Klee, Berg, Pilar) none have Kaberle's finesse but JFJ may feel it gives him a bit of wiggle room to make a move. Hedin has also played well in his short time with the big club and Colaiacovo gets the call tonight. I wouldn't want to count on either one come playoff time yet, but again, maybe Ferguson feels that he now has room to play with the defence a little.

*If* a deal like this were to go down, Toronto would have an even scarier forward unit. Not just in goal-scoring ability, but one of the roughest groups in the league. Assuming they can stay healthy, they could really put the hurt on opposing defences in a seven game series.

Closed Thread