HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Which Centre Habs get for Perrault and 3rd round pick??

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
Which Centre can Habs get for Perrault and 3rd round pick??

it would be swap in a sence for both teams going in playoff as other team can acquire great Faceoff man to improve them in that area plus get 3rd rounder, in return Montreal needs player with descent size whose capable of playing in 3rd line, as Montreal is not looking for top line player in retrurn, and player doesn't have to be great offensively but good defensive game is what they are looking for!!

Last edited by Habs4ever: 01-16-2004 at 07:45 AM.
Old
01-16-2004, 07:45 AM
AvsGuy

Keith Primeau. and i, for one, think the Habs are overpaying there.

Old
01-16-2004, 07:47 AM
PhoPhan

I hate Primeau, but I have to admit he's played well this year, aside from injuries.

Old
01-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Perrault would easliy clear waivers, with the $ situation as tight as it is in today's NHL. So, the answer to the above question is that the Habs would probably get a lot less for a package of Perrault and a third than they would get for a deal including a fourth or fifth rounder straight up.

That isn't as much a statement on Perrault (who can still help some teams) as much as it is an observation about the economic situation in the NHL.

01-16-2004, 07:58 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Perrault would easliy clear waivers, with the $ situation as tight as it is in today's NHL. So, the answer to the above question is that the Habs would probably get a lot less for a package of Perrault and a third than they would get for a deal including a fourth or fifth rounder straight up.

That isn't as much a statement on Perrault (who can still help some teams) as much as it is an observation about the economic situation in the NHL.

Personally I don't think he would clear waivers because a playoff team or contender would pick him up for insurance purposes in case a player goes down. The season is over have done, his salary has approx 1.3 remaining and ends this year. JMO of course.

As for his value, your right, probably a 4th or 5th, unless a team gets desperate at the deadline.

Old
01-16-2004, 08:16 AM
leafaholix*

In terms of draft picks, Perreault is worth a 6th round pick... maybe.

Old
01-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Habs4ever

Well he's worth lot more then that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
In terms of draft picks, Perreault is worth a 6th round pick... maybe.

as team would get atleast 4th round pick back next year as a compensation if he signs with another team, now does that mean habs giveup Perrault and 4th round pick for weaker 6th round pick, considering he would help team like Calgary a lot in PLayoff winning faceoffs, Calgary GM could easily give up 4th round pick and not lose sleep over it.

Old
01-16-2004, 08:24 AM
neelynugs

perreault would be awesome if you could figure out how to get him in the faceoff circle, and airlift him to the bench immediately after the draw. the habs should keep him and play him 20+ minutes per game!

Old
01-16-2004, 08:25 AM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
I hate Primeau, but I have to admit he's played well this year, aside from injuries.
And he would help Montreal's size problem down the middle.

Old
01-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Artie

Quote:

You are right that given the current economic conditions, players clearing waivers has less to do with their value and contribution as a player and more to do with contract and $$$ involved. But unlike Audette, who teams ignored knowing he was out of favor with the Habs and on his way out anyways, I don't think Gainey would get rid of Perrault via waivers and contract buyout simply because he is still contributing to the team.

As for his value, at minimum it has to be whatever the compensation is for losing him as a FA (I'm not 100% sure there is compensation). At most I would say 3rd round pick. He seems to be getting slower on the draw (his one claim to fame).

Old
01-16-2004, 08:44 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
as team would get atleast 4th round pick back next year as a compensation if he signs with another team, now does that mean habs giveup Perrault and 4th round pick for weaker 6th round pick, considering he would help team like Calgary a lot in PLayoff winning faceoffs, Calgary GM could easily give up 4th round pick and not lose sleep over it.
The Habs will not get compensation for Perreault... because they're not going to to tender him a qualifying contract before July 1.

Old
01-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Wizz

Send a message via Yahoo to Wizz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
it would be swap in a sence for both teams going in playoff as other team can acquire great Faceoff man to improve them in that area plus get 3rd rounder, in return Montreal needs player with descent size whose capable of playing in 3rd line, as Montreal is not looking for top line player in retrurn, and player doesn't have to be great offensively but good defensive game is what they are looking for!!

What about Dave Scatchard ? A right handed center, that's what montreal is looking for

Old
01-16-2004, 09:02 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizz
What about Dave Scatchard ? A right handed center, that's what montreal is looking for

So, are you suggesting that the Habs could get Scatchard for Perrault?

That isn't very realistic.

First, the Isles don't want to trade Scatch.
Second, given his performance and salary, he probably has reasonable trade value.
Third, Perrault is a player the Isles wouldn't even be remotely interested in acquiring.

Old
01-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
There is no way that Perrault has the value of Primeau - yes he is overpaid but is great defensively, a physical presence and usually a bit better than his current year offensively. He has missed 7 games due to a broken thumb - not that many injuries.

Old
01-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Are you sure you're a hockey wizard?

Old
01-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Wizz

Send a message via Yahoo to Wizz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I'm just mentionning Scatchard because last night, during the NYI Vs Ottawa Game, there was 6 scouts from Montreal (including A. Savard) watching the game (source from RDS).

I don't think Montreal will deal with Ottawa. So if the Habs really look for a right handed center, NYI have Peca, Bates and Scatchard. Although this doesn't mean there all 3 available.

Maybe Perreault won't make part of a deal, but there's a huge interest by montreal for a NYI player.

Last edited by Wizz: 01-16-2004 at 10:21 AM.
Old
01-16-2004, 01:09 PM
boomboom

i think it s wrong to say that Perrault is not worth more than a 6 rd pick....I mean the guy has hade many seasons of 20+goals and is one of the best on faceoffs....
Now teams like St. Louis or detroit could use him....How about
Perrault and a 3rd for Melamby....

Old
01-16-2004, 01:11 PM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom
i think it s wrong to say that Perrault is not worth more than a 6 rd pick....I mean the guy has hade many seasons of 20+goals and is one of the best on faceoffs....
Why would St. Louis trade their heart and soul for Yanic Perreault who plays with neither?

Old
01-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'm just mentionning Scatchard because last night, during the NYI Vs Ottawa Game, there was 6 scouts from Montreal (including A. Savard) watching the game (source from RDS).

I don't think Montreal will deal with Ottawa. So if the Habs really look for a right handed center, NYI have Peca, Bates and Scatchard. Although this doesn't mean there all 3 available.

Maybe Perreault won't make part of a deal, but there's a huge interest by montreal for a NYI player.

Bates is a winger.

Scatchard is not available.

I doubt there is a deal on tap between the two teams. The Habs do not have an TRADEABLE assets the Isles want. There could have been scouts at the game for any number of reasons.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 01-16-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old
01-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom

Perrault could probably help a lot of teams. The real issue with this player is $. $ are the reason he has no trade value.

Old
01-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Perrault could probably help a lot of teams. The real issue with this player is $. $ are the reason he has no trade value.
Cash won't be a factor at the trade deadline because most of the salary will be paid and BG would probably offer to equalize the salary pickup in a trade. I wonder who wants Perreault.

Here's what your getting: 25 to 30 goal scorer guaranteed, if you play him on your 2nd or even 3rd line. about 45 to 60 points and a 60%+ faceoffs win. He's got pure goal scorer hands but he's soft, slow and weak. He isn't the type of guy who will give your team momentum, he isn't the kinda guy who carries the puck. He'll dump more then his share of pucks and he relies heavily on his wingers. He also can't play defense. He's got a knack at scoring clutch goals though. He's got decent GW stats. He'd fit very well with a team like Atlanta since they score in bunches and he'd be great with Kovalchuck. It would balance their offense more and since Kovy does most of the work, Perreault will be right at home.

Old
01-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Cash won't be a factor at the trade deadline because most of the salary will be paid and BG would probably offer to equalize the salary pickup in a trade. I wonder who wants Perreault.

Here's what your getting: 25 to 30 goal scorer guaranteed, if you play him on your 2nd or even 3rd line. about 45 to 60 points and a 60%+ faceoffs win. He's got pure goal scorer hands but he's soft, slow and weak. He isn't the type of guy who will give your team momentum, he isn't the kinda guy who carries the puck. He'll dump more then his share of pucks and he relies heavily on his wingers. He also can't play defense. He's got a knack at scoring clutch goals though. He's got decent GW stats. He'd fit very well with a team like Atlanta since they score in bunches and he'd be great with Kovalchuck. It would balance their offense more and since Kovy does most of the work, Perreault will be right at home.

$ won't be an issue at the dealine. At that point, some team could throw a 3rd or 4th rounder your way. Until then, he has little to no trade value.

Old
01-16-2004, 03:00 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen

doesn't take a wizard to read from a very credible source(McKenzie tsn.ca July 2002) that the isles passed on Scatchard+Izzy for 25 yr old Derek Morris.
He's read in the Boston and NY press that the Bruins have tried 2-3x in the last 2 and 1/2 yrs to aquire Scatchard.So he has a pretty good idea that with Scatchard's reasonable salary and size/grit that the nyi have an idea of Scatchard's trade value if packaged and that the isles can do a heck of a lot better then Perreault for Scatchard.

Old
01-16-2004, 07:59 PM
fulk hogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
The Habs will not get compensation for Perreault... because they're not going to to tender him a qualifying contract before July 1.
He's a UFA, therefore the Habs are eligible for compensation if he signs with another team. He does not need to be tendered an offer to be eligible, as he is 32 (turning 33 in April) and not a RFA.

Old
01-16-2004, 10:34 PM
clefty
What?

Perreault could get you Brian Holzinger. But as a Pens fan, I don't want Perreault at all.

Closed Thread