HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

garon or noronen

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Flyers dom NHL

vCash: 500
garon or noronen

I would really like philly to trade for one of these goalies. who would be a better fit in philly garon or noronen. Which one would cost philly more in a trade? thoughts?

Old
01-15-2004, 07:28 PM
RaTcine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers dom NHL
I would really like philly to trade for one of these goalies. who would be a better fit in philly garon or noronen. Which one would cost philly more in a trade? thoughts?
I think Garon is better, but Habs won't trade him this year. They really need it. He's a really good back up goalie (one of the best in the league) and this helps Theo and the rest of the team.

I think Noronen won't go in Philly but he has definitly more chance than Garon.

Old
01-15-2004, 07:44 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers dom NHL
I find that Noronen and Garon have comparable talent levels. Noronen may be be a little further on his development but Graron has higher upside. I dont think that Buffalo is looking to trade him, Miller ain`t ready and Noronen is playing better than Biron right now. Look for Biron instead of Noronen. Garon is a steady affordable backup in Montreal. He is not on the market but COULD be available for the right price. But a good asset would have to be offered to get him. No Philly draft pick would do it. Neither would a depth defenceman. It would have to be a decent top 3 line forward or a potential top 4 D.

I thought Clarcke said that he wasn`t looking for a goalie... that every team has a good one except NJ who has a great one.

Old
01-15-2004, 08:44 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
I find that Noronen and Garon have comparable talent levels. Noronen may be be a little further on his development but Graron has higher upside. I dont think that Buffalo is looking to trade him, Miller ain`t ready and Noronen is playing better than Biron right now. Look for Biron instead of Noronen. Garon is a steady affordable backup in Montreal. He is not on the market but COULD be available for the right price. But a good asset would have to be offered to get him. No Philly draft pick would do it. Neither would a depth defenceman. It would have to be a decent top 3 line forward or a potential top 4 D.

I thought Clarcke said that he wasn`t looking for a goalie... that every team has a good one except NJ who has a great one.
clarke has also said "what would i do with a small centre?" ie. comrie a month before acquring him lol

Old
01-15-2004, 10:53 PM
elphy101

For some reason, I think Noronen will be eventually become a stud in the NHL. If Philly can somehow pry him out of Buffalo, they will finally have a goalie for the first time in the Bobby Clarke era.

Old
01-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Minos

I don't think either Garon or Noronen would help Philly out right now. The Flyers could probably use some help in nets, but sitting an experienced Hackett and pinning your hopes on an unproven goalie doesn't make alot of sense, especially come play-off time. If they Flyers deal for a goalie to replace Hackett as their starter I think they'll go for someone who's clearly better than Hackett or atleast someone they can sell as being better (Sean Burke's name keeps popping up).

Old
01-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Noronen came back from his injury without missing a beat; a 1-0 loss to Boston. He's flirting with a sub 2.00 GAA. He's taken the no 1 job from Biron and I doubt he's available anymore. Biron played well when Noronen was out, but when one is making $2.2 million and the other $550K, it's a no-brainer which one the Sabres would look to trade. Ryan Miller hasn't made a strong case to show he belongs in the NHL. He could play another year in the minors. If the Sabres were to trade Biron, they'd be looking for a veteran backup.

Old
01-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
If the Sabres were to trade Biron, they'd be looking for a veteran backup.
Im sure the Flyers would be more than happy to send Hackett the other way.

Old
01-16-2004, 06:12 PM
friesen12

Noronen is better because there are three goalies in Buffalo even that Miller is really in Rochester. Trust me, the Habs would never want to give up a French Canadien Goalie. They are a little overated. Theodore got the Vez and the Hart for getting to the second round of the playoffs. If Marty(Broduer) was on the Habs he would have had so many Vezina's it wouldn't be funny.

Old
01-16-2004, 06:16 PM
RE-HABS

If anyone Garon, seems like any player traded from Montreal to Philly prospers there...Leclair and Desjardins come to mind immediately!

Hitchcock earlier this year also mention he was impressed with Garon, so that maybe an advantage to him as well.

Old
01-16-2004, 06:21 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by friesen12
Noronen is better because there are three goalies in Buffalo even that Miller is really in Rochester. Trust me, the Habs would never want to give up a French Canadien Goalie. They are a little overated. Theodore got the Vez and the Hart for getting to the second round of the playoffs. If Marty(Broduer) was on the Habs he would have had so many Vezina's it wouldn't be funny.
Broduer has one with NJ so why would he have so many in Montreal? I don't want to take anything away from Marty, but he has always had an impressive D infront of him in NJ too, that would not have been the case in Montreal in years previous to this one.

When Theo won he deserved it, plus the awards are voted on before playoffs so getting to the 2nd round means nothing in his winning sorry.

Old
01-17-2004, 02:20 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Noronen is our Starter, pretty much here. so his not going. Garon's good, but noronen's better.

Philly wont get either. go for Kolzig.

Old
01-17-2004, 04:42 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
Philly wont get either. go for Kolzig.
Trade Esche back to Phoenix for Boucher. :p

Old
01-17-2004, 07:51 AM
Lok

or maxime ouellet and 1st, 2nd, 3rd to philly for Primeau

Old
01-18-2004, 06:33 PM
onice

Right now, I think neither one is better than Hackett. He's a top notch goalie...why would you want to get rid of him?

Old
01-19-2004, 04:06 AM
Cariboux

Quote:
Can you explain me why the Quebecers goalies are overrated ?

Old
01-19-2004, 04:33 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice
Right now, I think neither one is better than Hackett. He's a top notch goalie...why would you want to get rid of him?
I hope I'm missing the sarcasm in that post.

Old
01-19-2004, 05:59 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
I hope I'm missing the sarcasm in that post.

Me too.

Quote:
Theodore got the Vez and the Hart for getting to the second round of the playoffs.
Of course the Vezina and Hart are based on what you do during the regular season...

Old
01-19-2004, 06:10 AM
Habsaku

Quote:

I'm not sure if I have to find this funny or idiotic.

Old
01-21-2004, 03:49 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
First, this is pathetic. Maybe if Marty had the SEASON Theo had, he would have won the vezina. He was definitely the best that year.

On Garon being traded, i think if the right deal comes up, he could be dealt, but right now he's one of the best backups in the league and potentially a very good number 1 down the road. Not to mention he's almost ubeatable on breakaways . But with Michaud in Hamilton, Garon is one of the best trade-bait the Habs have if the right deal comes up.

Closed Thread