HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Yotes at Preds: GDT

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2004, 08:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Yotes at Preds: GDT

I know i'm probably jumping the gun on this, but what can I say...this is a HUUUUGE game, and a chance to start putting some distance between us and 8th place. Let the desert doggs and the scars duke it out for 8th. We'll quietly ascend into 5th or 6th, thankyaverymuch

gotta feel that Burke is in net, since Boucher's streak is offically over, following a 4-1 spanking against Vancouver. Fortunately...while we just came out of the toughest part of our schedule, the Yotes are heading into theirs. This time next week, we may be watching Dallas a bit more closely.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 01-15-2004 at 05:07 AM.
Old
01-14-2004, 09:42 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I actually get a chance to watch this game while it's happening. there is something to be said for that. I hate watching taped games.

Old
01-14-2004, 09:50 PM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Um yeah it’s huge, they’re only 2 points behind us.

SHOOT the damn puck!!!!!!!! And not into Phoenix’s legs. Shoot first, pass later.

Tuesday night, everyone that we needed to lose did, and we couldn’t get the 2 points (though I am very grateful for the one). Now we have to just go out and take care of business early. Need Tootoo to go and beat Ference again and get everyone into it. Get Arky to keep shooting, Harts, Hall, etc to just go hard into the net, attack everything.

PP must get quicker. When our guy touched the puck against LA, there was someone on him and we turned it over. We need to get quick passes and throw pucks at the net before we get beat again.

Old
01-15-2004, 07:02 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Dogs are without Nagy and are playing Burke. Seems as if goalies that have been off for a while and come back against us always play well. Lets hope to jump on him and pressure him quick, as I'm sure he will be motivated to try to solidify a spot in front of Boucher. We also need to stop Doan, who could kill us...big scorer, with good touch. Let's stick Eaton on him, I believe Eats can stop just about anybody this year. Here's to a good game, and a good crowd for Jonesey.

Old
01-15-2004, 10:21 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I'm sure everyone knows but: this is a big bigbigbig game.

Let's get a win and stop all this low scoring tie nonsense. The team needs wins, shoot the damn puck, get the rebounds and put it in the net!

Old
01-15-2004, 11:43 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I want to see Scotty Walker light it up again tonight.

Old
01-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
I want to see Scotty Walker light it up again tonight.
I hope everyone isn't expecting that...I hope the Legwand line does serious damage though...I've got a feeling they're gonna be keying in on Walker a little too much tonight, so maybe AJ has a good night instead of Walker?

Old
01-15-2004, 11:58 AM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
btw remember all to stay and watch Jonesey play after the game. :p Anyway 3-2 Preds win..

Old
01-15-2004, 12:04 PM
jstreet

I personally dont care who it is as long as it gets done

Old
01-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Nashville420

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Dogs are without Nagy and are playing Burke. Seems as if goalies that have been off for a while and come back against us always play well. Lets hope to jump on him and pressure him quick, as I'm sure he will be motivated to try to solidify a spot in front of Boucher. We also need to stop Doan, who could kill us...big scorer, with good touch. Let's stick Eaton on him, I believe Eats can stop just about anybody this year. Here's to a good game, and a good crowd for Jonesey.

Now that Boucher has been doing so well, all you hear is the trade rumors about Burke. not only do goalies that have been off come back hot against us, but you have to be thinking, he is going to have something to prove. That said, i will take him over the flaming hot Boucher any day!

Old
01-15-2004, 12:39 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville420
Now that Boucher has been doing so well, all you hear is the trade rumors about Burke. not only do goalies that have been off come back hot against us, but you have to be thinking, he is going to have something to prove. That said, i will take him over the flaming hot Boucher any day!
The thing about being a goalie is having something to prove isn't a sure-fire way to be good. It can make you over-emotional and that's when goalies fail. If you are a forward, you get all worked up and you can hit people and score goals, but a worked up goalie is a goalie off his game.

Old
01-15-2004, 12:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
The thing about being a goalie is having something to prove isn't a sure-fire way to be good. It can make you over-emotional and that's when goalies fail.

honestly, we fare better vs goalies like burke...that rely on size\cutting off angles rather than technical ability...which is more the style boucher plays. guys like cechmanek, turco, hasek, belfour....give us fits. guys like burke...turek...osgood...we typically do a bit better with, since our goals mostly come off of rebounds, rather than straight away shots.

Old
01-15-2004, 03:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

might see Boucher after all, if this keeps up.

2-0 in the Preds, Hutch and Zids(PP) get the goals, in the first.

Old
01-15-2004, 03:32 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Goal! Andrew Hutchison from Walker

PP Goal! Zidlicky from timonen and johnson

Preds 2 Yoyes 0

Old
01-15-2004, 05:36 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

well, i was typing up an angry rant about blowing a 2 goal lead, eventually falling behind...and having to settle for a meaningless tie in what should have been a HUGE win...
...when it went in.

all is forgiven.

GO PREDS! flames and sharks in our sites!

Old
01-15-2004, 06:25 PM
SmokeyClause

Was very disappointed that Trotz let McKenzie see the light of day after his stupid penalty. Both him and Tootoo committed penalties while we had possession of the puck, big time no-nos. Both penalties resulted in huge goals for Phoenix. One changed the momentum of the game entirely, the other gave them the lead. But hey, Wyatt Smith played solid.

Didn't like our PP again though we got traffic on our two goals. Neither were creative goals, but atleast we got the bounces. Thought Timonen was off and on on the PP and you could tell he's not all there right now. He just seems off. But he shot the puck, something that Zids should learn from. While it's tempting to pass, when you have the traffic out front, take advantage of it.

I loved the end. Very few things are as satisfying as seeing Doan whining to the refs. He complained the entire game last time and found some time at the end of this one to do so well. Apparently he was complaing about a possible interference on the Walker (ESPN.com says Hartnell) goal, but I didn't see it.

Old
01-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I was happy to get the win. I thought we were carrying the play at times, but the Yotes got to Vokoun in about the only way you can. Great game, and I think it shows our character that we pulled off the win. 50 points boys. Who would have thought we would be in this position?!?!

Old
01-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Nashville420

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I was happy to get the win. I thought we were carrying the play at times, but the Yotes got to Vokoun in about the only way you can. Great game, and I think it shows our character that we pulled off the win. 50 points boys. Who would have thought we would be in this position?!?!

The Zidlicky goal was nice!
Good win and 50 points....I sure as heck never thunk it!

It's a good night in the Ville!

Old
01-15-2004, 07:34 PM
predhead1

Seems like we might finally be turning the GEC into a place where we're tough to beat. About damn time if you ask me.

Old
01-15-2004, 08:18 PM
jstreet

so what is the record amoutn of times that a team has blown a 2 goal lead?, because we might be there.

Old
01-15-2004, 08:45 PM
SmokeyClause

I love Vokoun. Unlike our old goalie, this one knows when he's had a bad game and isn't afraid to let everyone know.

Vokoun: "Marty saved my life when he scored that third goal. All the credit goes to the guys. I stood around watching for two periods."

Old
01-15-2004, 09:11 PM
_Del_

The game wasn't televised here -- I was curious about the play of Novoseltsev as it was his first game for Phoenix. I doubt he got much icetime, but anything would be helpful -- thanks
Congrats on the win, btw, it was a big game for both teams, and it has to be disappointing for PHX to blow atleast a point out of it with a late goal...

Old
01-15-2004, 09:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_
The game wasn't televised here -- I was curious about the play of Novoseltsev as it was his first game for Phoenix. I doubt he got much icetime, but anything would be helpful -- thanks
Congrats on the win, btw, it was a big game for both teams, and it has to be disappointing for PHX to blow atleast a point out of it with a late goal...

Novo took a pretty bad penalty, but other than that, was pretty invisible. Langkow was definitely your best player on the ice, with Tanabe probably second. Doan seemed frustrated\sloppy, and you could tell that Hulse REALLY wants to beat us,and took a pretty bad penalty as a result, as well. As far as Novo goes, I kind of hoped the preds would pick him up in the waiver draft, and I think he'sg oing toturn out okay. seems like he was just in dudley's doghouse.

Old
01-15-2004, 10:33 PM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I love Vokoun. Unlike our old goalie, this one knows when he's had a bad game and isn't afraid to let everyone know.

Vokoun: "Marty saved my life when he scored that third goal. All the credit goes to the guys. I stood around watching for two periods."
On the news he said he was thinking about things he shouldn’t have been thinking about, and he stood around too much and watched pucks float right by him.

Good job to pull off the win. Goal was officially given to Hartnell now.

2-4 on the PP. Nice, but then let PHX go 2-2 on PP.

Came out flying but then fell asleep after we were up. A lot of big giveaways tonight, in all areas of the ice. But at least we dug down and didn’t completely quit.

Edmonton is right on our heels, too so we need to come out hard again on Saturday.

Old
01-16-2004, 01:29 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Wow, we dressed 4 rookie or first year defensemen last night, in fact we only had one defenseman dressed last night that started the season in the NHL last year.

Last edited by triggrman: 01-16-2004 at 02:31 AM.
Closed Thread