HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: BJs @ Preds -11.10.07(sleeping is overated edition)

Old
11-10-2007, 03:35 AM
irisheyes555

vCash: 500
GDT: BJs @ Preds -11.10.07(sleeping is overated edition)

(8-5-2)___________ (7-7-1)

First meeting of the season

B Jays roadies_____________________Preds homies

@

Nashville, Tennessee
Sommet Center

RADIO & TV INFORMATION

MEDIUMSTATIONTIME(CST)BROADCASTERSLINKS/INFO
Television FSN-O 7:00 Jeff Rimer & Danny Gare Fox Sports Ohio
Radio 100.1-FM 7:00 Pete Weber & Terry Crisp WRLT Feed
Radio 1460-AM 7:00 George Matthews & Bill Davidge WBNS Feed
Satellite Radio XM Ch237 7:00 George Matthews & Bill Davidge XM237

MEDIA NEWS & NUGGETS

INTERNET LINK SOURCE
NHL Preview Page NHL website
Preds Preview Page Predators website
Blue Jackets preview page Blue Jackets website
Tennessean Preview Page Tennessean
Time to fish or cut bait Tennessean
New and improved Tennessean
Trotz's has friends in high places Tennessean
Hitchock sees a need Columbus Dispatch
Maybe the preds can do likewise Columbus Dispatch

lets leave them guessing

PROBABLES AND INJURIES

Netminders: MASON and NORRENA

Blue Jackets injuries:
  • Probable -
  • Doubtful -
  • Out -LW Fredrik Modin (back) and D Duvie Westcott (concussion)

Predators injuries:
  • Probable -
  • Doubtful - LW Darcy Hordichuk (toe)
  • Out - LW Steve Sullivan (back) and D Shea Weber

some tunes for ya

TEAM LEADERS

STAT # #
SOG D. Legwand 52 R. Nash 68
GOALS Arnott/Legwand 6 R. Nash 11
ASSISTS M. Erat 9 several 6
POINTS Arnott/Legwand 14 R. Nash 17
+/- V. Koistinen +6 Hainsey/Hejda +5
PIM S. Nichol 17 J. Boll 45

TEAM COMPARISON

STAT
15 POINTS 18
7 WINS 8
3 SHUTOUTS 5
22 POWERPLAY RANK 24
20 PENALTY KILL RANK 1
1.000 WIN % LEADING AFTER 1st 1.000
1.000 WIN % LEADING AFTER 2nd 0.889
0.143 WIN % TRAILING AFTER 1st 0.000
0.000 WIN % TRAILING AFTER 2nd 0.000

Individual Players Stats for the Predators from ESPN__________Individual Players Stats for the Blue Jackets from ESPN

website

MAKE IT WORTH THE PRICE WE PAY_________ NO EXCUSES __________MOTIVATION IS WHAT GETS YOU STARTED. HABIT IS WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING.__________ WINNING RESPECT_________ PRIDE, HUSTLE, DESIRE

all items are subject to change/correction, dealer keeps incentive, not available in some states, wash-rinse-repeat....

Last edited by irisheyes555: 11-10-2007 at 01:10 PM.
irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 08:15 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Points are always important. Points against a division rival are even more important. That and well, I've never liked the BJs. Let's get a win tonight!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 09:35 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
too bad it isnt on tv, I dont know if I can make it over to the arena tonight.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Jarnberg

The team had a fantastic road trip.

Only 3 dropped points in 5 games.

Lets hope that the team doesn't forget how to play at home....

This isn't the same Blue Jackets team that we've been 13-2-1 over the past two seasons...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Buffalofan84

elis or mason?

Buffalofan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 11:57 AM
braindead

Mason almost 100% guaranteed.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Say what you want about the Devries signing, but the Bonk signing was clearly an excellent one. I would go so far as to say we are seeing Bonk play some of the best hockey of his career.....back when he actually was good with Ottawa. I LOVE him on the power play. He goes to the net and gets it done every night, which has been a rarity for this team even in the Hartnell/Hall days.

11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
volzok

I couldn't agree more. He has really seem to fit in well. I hope he continues to get more PP time.

volzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 08:22 PM
volzok

Good to see Zids finally produce on the PP. I would really like to see him catch fire and put up the kind of numbers we know he has the ability to put up.

Old
11-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Say what you want about the Devries signing, but the Bonk signing was clearly an excellent one. I would go so far as to say we are seeing Bonk play some of the best hockey of his career.....back when he actually was good with Ottawa. I LOVE him on the power play. He goes to the net and gets it done every night, which has been a rarity for this team even in the Hartnell/Hall days.
Bonk continues to impress me. Love this signing now.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I must say, I continue to be unimpressed with the powerplay. We simply cannot set up anything. 2/9 against the no. 1 PK unit in the league looks good on paper, but watching the game....outside a few individual efforts, it looked like we were beating ourselves. We didn't handle passes well, we passed it into to tight corners, whenever we did get the puck in deep - we passed it back out to the point........The umbrella setup does not work with this team.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 10:44 PM
volzok

Once again I agree with you Enoch. We are seeing the same PP that drove us nuts last year, but this time with less talent to pull it off. As long as they continue to look for the cute passes and not throw pucks at the net, the PP will continue to drive us crazy. I guess that is why Bonk isn't on the first unit b/c no one will shoot it for him to crash the net.

Anyway, it was good to get the two points tonight, even with letting Columbus take one. It is hard to say Columbus stole one since they really outplayed the Preds in the last 2 periods. Mason was very solid tonight and did enough to keep the Preds with the lead. I think he has finally found his game and will be solid the rest of the way. The defense still confuses me, but that is a subject for later. Hopefully the Preds can play 60 minutes in Columbus on Monday.

Old
11-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Captain Obvious Mode Our PP, PK & ES Defense *NEEDS* Shea Weber like Charlie Sheen needs a hooker /Captain Obvious Mode

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Jarnberg

We were lucky to make it to overtime tonight. We played pretty bad in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Mason made some key saves (despite the lady behind me yelling in my ear to put in Ellis..) in the 2nd to keep us in the game when the Blue Jackets were buzzing.

The BJ's first and third goals were almost identical, with a guy in front of the net alone (more alone on the first one). We cannot have that and got punished tonight.

Can someone tell me what happened to Dumont? Did we actually trade him and put in a long lost twin? He's been terrible this year and had a horrible game tonight.

Jordin Tootoo (wow, I can't believe I'm saying this) had an outstanding game. He wasn't trying to murder people and was effective. Besides the goal, he made some good passes, threw some hits, and drew penalties, all while not doing anything stupid. Player of the game for us imo. In fact, the Gelinas, Nichol, Tootoo line was great.

Two underrated plays in the game:

The PK kill which was effectively a 5-2 when Smithson broke his stick. Nice work by the guys there.

Greg de Vries (finally did something) got shaken up a bit on a play (looked like his hand) and was skating off as the team was also making a line change. However, the BJs had a guy cherry picking and was about to receive a pass. de Vries not only saw the play develop, but came back and stopped the play from being a break away. He then was responsible for clearing the puck before eventually being able to go to the bench. Gutsy play as some might have kept going to the bench as they were in pain.

If I were a Blue Jackets fan tonight, I'd be pretty pissed at Foote. He was thrown off of his game, was slow all night, took stupid penalties, and kept trying to start stuff all night. Disappointing play (for Columbus) for a captain (not that ours is doing much better right now cough).

Old
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
Captain Obvious Mode Our PP, PK & ES Defense *NEEDS* Shea Weber like Charlie Sheen needs a hooker /Captain Obvious Mode
Does Charlie Sheen really need a hooker?

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Does Charlie Sheen really need a hooker?
yup ... he's not getting any more from Denise Richards

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2007, 11:18 PM
SmokeyClause

Enjoyed catching a portion of the game on NHL on the Fly. I'm amazed at how much faster pace this game was in the few minutes that I saw in the third period (unfortunately, I basically saw both of the BJs goals). I guess all the football and Panthers' hockey that I'd been watching had dulled my senses. It seemed so much faster than I remember from last year and previous years.

Old
11-10-2007, 11:25 PM
jstreet

Thoughts From 328

1. What's with Dumont this season? He really made a bonehead play to put us on the PK when he tried a WWE move in the second period. That really could have changed the game if the BJs had scored on one of those PPs. Luckily our PK worked hard.

2. You also have to admit that the Malhotra goal was a pretty nice shot.

3. Ville K's "rookiness" really shows alot more than our other young studs did. [Hamhuis, Suter, Weber]

4. Radulov made a great move and rang one off the pipe during the third. It surely would have been on the highlight reel if it had gone in.

5. Tootoo with the least amount of TOI, but manages a goal and a +1 on the night

Last edited by jstreet: 11-10-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old
11-11-2007, 12:26 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
1. What's with Dumont this season? He really made a bonehead play to put us on the PK when he tried a WWE move in the second period. That really could have changed the game if the BJs had scored on one of those PPs. Luckily our PK worked hard.

2. You also have to admit that the Malhotra goal was a pretty nice shot.

3. Ville K's "rookiness" really shows alot more than our other young studs did. [Hamhuis, Suter, Weber]

4. Radulov made a great move and rang one off the pipe during the third. It surely would have been on the highlight reel if it had gone in.

5. Tootoo with the least amount of TOI, but manages a goal and a +1 on the night

Wish I had known you were in 328, my seats are in 327

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2007, 09:47 AM
xEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
In fact, the Gelinas, Nichol, Tootoo line was great.
Sorry Stranger,

Only a game ago you had Gelinas staying on the IR rather than playing on a line with Tootoo and Nichol. Maybe Gelinas reads the boards

Ken Hitchcock is one coach I can't stand.

"We deserved two points. We talk about learning lessons. We have to get points from teams like Nashville."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=222626&hubname=nhl

I guess Hitch planned on going 82-0 this year and 16 straight to the cup.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2007, 10:03 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEx View Post
Sorry Stranger,

Only a game ago you had Gelinas staying on the IR rather than playing on a line with Tootoo and Nichol. Maybe Gelinas reads the boards

Ken Hitchcock is one coach I can't stand.

"We deserved two points. We talk about learning lessons. We have to get points from teams like Nashville."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=222626&hubname=nhl

I guess Hitch planned on going 82-0 this year and 16 straight to the cup.
I hate to break it to Hitch but at this point, Nashville is every bit the team that Columbus is. And we are doing it without our best player on the blueline all while overcoming the worst goaltending slump the club as ever faced.

Columbus has had an unsustainably high level of goaltending quality from their starting goalie while Nashville, up until about a week ago, had an unsustainable level of low quality goaltending from their starting goalie.

Despite Columbus getting what might be the best goaltending they can ever expect to see from their starter and the polar opposite happening in Nashville, the Preds are only two overtime loss points back.

As a Bluejackets fan, you have to wonder what it'll take to finish second in the Central. The BJs have the talent to beat out the Preds, but their fanbase shouldn't be surprised if the Preds finish well ahead of them once again.

Edit: I should couch these comments by saying that I've been very impressed with the BJs this year, and think they have a legitimate shot at being a playoff team. I just don't feel that claiming overt superiority over any team in the Central right now is justifiable by any team outside of Michigan. And it's especially befuddling coming from their head coach who should know better.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 11-11-2007 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old
11-11-2007, 11:10 AM
volzok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Edit: I should couch these comments by saying that I've been very impressed with the BJs this year, and think they have a legitimate shot at being a playoff team. I just don't feel that claiming overt superiority over any team in the Central right now is justifiable by any team outside of Michigan. And it's especially befuddling coming from their head coach who should know better.
I totally agree. I don't know why Hitch looks down on Nashville since they are the only team that has given Detroit a run for the money in the Central the last few years. Even with the recent roster losses. Your right, the Preds are only 2 points behind them even though the BJ's had the hot start. These two teams always battle each other. Even last year when the Preds won all 8 games, I only think one or two of them did Nashville really dominate. These two are going to battle for #2 in the Central all year and to think that one of them is so much better than the other is just naive.

A little OT here, but I love On the Fly. Great concept during the games and I love the way they do the highlights after the games are over.

Old
11-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEx View Post
Sorry Stranger,

I know! The line was very effective last night. We still need more from Gelinas however. His board play is great but he's not getting it done offensively.

Old
11-11-2007, 04:51 PM
jstreet

NMK, I got the tickets from a friend at the last minute or I would have stopped by.

I was having such a good time at one point that I thought I might even be ok if we were to lose the game.

Old
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I know! The line was very effective last night. We still need more from Gelinas however. His board play is great but he's not getting it done offensively.
My perception of the Bonk and Gelinas signings have drastically reversed. I had expected to feel the way I currently feel about Gelinas--largely disappointing\without a true role--about Bonk, whereas Bonk has been one of the biggest FA surprises in the whole NHL this year.

Even DeVries was a little better this game.

Suter, Koistinen and at times Hamhuis...not so much.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote