HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drury So Far

Old
11-16-2007, 12:26 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
The thing w/ Drury is you have to WATCH the games to see the little things he does with perfection... Him being in the right spot to block a certain goal, winning the faceoffs we NEED to win, important keep-ins on the PP... Still waiting for the clutch goals though...
that pretty much sums it up, people look @ the size of his contract which was over inflatted for the time & they equal sucess with goals & points, Drury is one of the best all round 2 way centers I ever remember this team having

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 12:28 PM
NYR Viper

......drury is playing with dawes and prucha........
......drury is playing the point when he should be in front of the net on the pp.......
.......he hasnt had set linemates for more than a couple of weeks at a time whereas gomez played with shanny and avery in the preseason, i dont recall drury ever playing with a line of dawes and prucha.........
.......he wins faceoffs, kills penalties, blocks shots, is WAY above average in the defensive end..........
.......is a leader.........

I am a student at the University at Buffalo and I am a HUGE Rangers fan, the rangers games are blacked out here so last year i had to watch the sabres play and I can tell you that when Drury feels comfortable he will be putting points up in bunches....there will be stretches where he has 2-3 points in eachgame for 5 games......and he is a Workhorse....there is no situation too big or too small for him to want to be out on the ice for....he lives for the big moments and if our younger players like dubi and dawes can leanr even half of that our team will be stanley cup favorites for a long time to come.......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
I've never wanted Betts off the 4th line. His penchant to shoot notwithstanding, his offensive crease placement and his recent uptick in his game would be greatly appreciated if it wasn't Orr or Hollweg dishing the puck.

Once Callahan and Straka get back, Betts should see better linemates in Hossa or Prucha riding shotgun.
Betts has played with both Hossa and Prucha and he hasn't shown any ability to make them better (ie help them to score). Why would things be any different this time round?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 04:58 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Betts has played with both Hossa and Prucha and he hasn't shown any ability to make them better (ie help them to score). Why would things be any different this time round?
I feel that Hossa and Betts should be on the same line, but for different reasons (I don't think i'll have to explain)...

JayMan82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 06:10 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
I feel that Hossa and Betts should be on the same line, but for different reasons (I don't think i'll have to explain)...
I feel Hossa should be in the AHL

Old
11-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I feel hossa shouldnt be playing pro hockey, but would be a good fit on my roller hockey team, to be honest.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 07:17 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Like the rest of the team, I think he's starting to pick it up. He should probably pace to about 60 points this season which is around his range unless you were expecting him to break out into a super offensive machine. As far as his salary goes, what can you say? He was a UFA with a market inflated salary so it's hard to really think you'll get all $7M of value out of him. Hopefully he'll live up to his name as Captain Clutch come postseason.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2007, 11:15 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
I feel hossa shouldnt be playing pro hockey, but would be a good fit on my roller hockey team, to be honest.
Hehe... I got dibs, I need defensive forwards...

JayMan82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Jay88*

Quote:
Hehe... I got dibs, I need defensive forwards...
Well what do you have cause i really dont want him & Im willing to give him up for lets say a fowrd who cold put some in the net here and there and a smart defensfeman. The guy has played the NHL level some how, so i dont thik im being greedy.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2007, 06:10 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
You know, for someone who just implored people to look beyond Drury's stats to see the little things that he does to help the team succeed to follow that statement up with this one is a little dodgy, no? Hossa does A LOT of work away from the puck, and aside from Jagr, is better than any other player on this team at controlling it.

How did Hossa manage to hijack a Drury thread, anyway?

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2007, 06:26 PM
The Thomas J.*

[QUOTE=polako;11247092]You know, for someone who just implored people to look beyond Drury's stats to see the little things that he does to help the team succeed to follow that statement up with this one is a little dodgy, no? Hossa does A LOT of work away from the puck, and aside from Jagr, is better than any other player on this team at controlling it.

How did Hossa manage to hijack a Drury thread, anyway?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea