HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How to solve a problem like Knuble

Old
11-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Broad st phantom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexXed View Post
I don't think there is any way Knuble is sent down. Him on the checking line would suffice but the other two players would need to have some speed to make up for it.

Gagne - Briere - Lupul
Upshall - Cater - Hartnell
Umberger - Richards - Knuble
Cote/Eager - Dowd - Kapanen

Richards creates his own chances and with Umberger playing well perhaps Knuble could be the net presence on that line. Of course it would take a few games to develop some chemistry though. I wouldn't be opposed to a trade but I'm not sure what to expect in return. What does this team need? What is the missing / complementary piece?
With Richards performance this year he deserves to be no lower then the second line.

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2007, 02:15 AM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
What Knuble lacks in speed he makes up for with intangibles: Going to the front of the net on the PP, setting up screens, and deflecting point shots through traffic. He's still valuable on the power play and is good for 50-60 points given his previous chemistry with Gagne.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Cannonation

take your pick, hartnell or knuble? Thats what it is coming down to. We need the big guy, but we don't need two, especially with how little they have been producing. Hartnell is younger, but cost more and hasn't produced as much, but knuble is older and has produced more, so the question is, who can we get the most for prospect/draft pick wise. My bet is knuble, as no one would take hartnell. So like it or not, we are stuck with hartnell's salary and have to part ways with the other. Thats my opinion.

Cannonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2007, 04:38 PM
DMBgags

Send a message via AIM to DMBgags
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketRichard18 View Post
take your pick, hartnell or knuble? Thats what it is coming down to. We need the big guy, but we don't need two, especially with how little they have been producing. Hartnell is younger, but cost more and hasn't produced as much, but knuble is older and has produced more, so the question is, who can we get the most for prospect/draft pick wise. My bet is knuble, as no one would take hartnell. So like it or not, we are stuck with hartnell's salary and have to part ways with the other. Thats my opinion.

Hartnell is doing a lot of little things that count. I'd rather him on the team hands down. His point production thus far isn't worth 4 mill a year but I am hoping he will turn that around, as is every other Flyer fan. I just can't stand to watch Knuble play anymore sometimes. I don't even know how much we could get for Knuble right now anyway.

DMBgags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketRichard18 View Post
We're "stuck" with Hartnell for the long term, he's the better player though, hands down.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 02:25 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
We're "stuck" with Hartnell for the long term, he's the better player though, hands down.
Hartnell is a good player, I think he is coming around gradually

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 02:33 PM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Hartnell is a good player, I think he is coming around gradually
That was a hell of a shot he scored on. I think that's the first one of those I even remember him taking this year.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 02:41 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBCsalmonslayer View Post
What Knuble lacks in speed he makes up for with intangibles: Going to the front of the net on the PP, setting up screens, and deflecting point shots through traffic. He's still valuable on the power play and is good for 50-60 points given his previous chemistry with Gagne.
I think this Guy wants him in vancover! trade him and dont look back!!!

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 03:03 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
That was a hell of a shot he scored on. I think that's the first one of those I even remember him taking this year.
I remember at least one other where he fired it off the post dead on.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

nice game by knuble last night.
Even though he whiffed on the empty net, he still had a monster game.
Take that haters...

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 12:08 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
nice game by knuble last night.
Even though he whiffed on the empty net, he still had a monster game.
Take that haters...
I don't think anyone here hates him, but so far this season he just hasn't been very good. Even he would probably admit that.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 12:20 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
I don't think anyone here hates him, but so far this season he just hasn't been very good. Even he would probably admit that.
are you serious? Kunble has been doing very well over the past few weeks. Its probably Briere, Richards then Kunbule in scoring for them over that time, or ever overall. There are definitily haters on here but we dont have a top 5 pp without him.

as far as the "wiff" on the empty netter the Carolina Dman was there first to get a stick on it, and no Kunuble wanst closer he was there second because he was further away when the play happend.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan View Post
are you serious? Kunble has been doing very well over the past few weeks. Its probably Briere, Richards then Kunbule in scoring for them over that time, or ever overall. There are definitily haters on here but we dont have a top 5 pp without him.

as far as the "wiff" on the empty netter the Carolina Dman was there first to get a stick on it, and no Kunuble wanst closer he was there second because he was further away when the play happend.
Man, some people will defend anyone at all costs. Knuble said himself he blew the open net, he was trying to score and just ****ed up.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Man, some people will defend anyone at all costs. Knuble said himself he blew the open net, he was trying to score and just ****ed up.
When he did that I thought of Calder last year.. That puke..

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 12:42 PM
kicksave27

Knuble is the same player he's always been. After watching him the last few years its obvious that he's not a guy you want carrying the puck up ice, the less time the puck is on his stick the better. He's a great guy to have in front and pick up the garbage on rebounds. I'd spent whole games last year complaining about how he handles the puck and sure enough he'd score a rebound goal later in the game. It may be painful to watch, but eventually he gets the job done.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 01:06 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
The hilarious thing about this is that despite playing pretty poorly, he's still on pace for almost 30 goals. If he was playing well, he'd have 12-14 goals right now.

Anyways, if he could somehow get this turned around by the deadline, that and the possible return of Gagne would be huge boosts for this team.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 01:29 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
The hilarious thing about this is that despite playing pretty poorly, he's still on pace for almost 30 goals. If he was playing well, he'd have 12-14 goals right now.

Anyways, if he could somehow get this turned around by the deadline, that and the possible return of Gagne would be huge boosts for this team.
Honestly, I think he has just been trying to do too much, and trying "too hard" to fit in with Briere and the new guys. If he just plays his game and keeps it simple, fighting for the puck along the boards, going to the net, etc. he is fine. I agree that he shouldnt be handling the puck. He was never great at it and never the fastest skater out there. I think it is simply that he doesnt fit with Briere. Since he has been playing with Richards, I think he has been fine.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Honestly, I think he has just been trying to do too much, and trying "too hard" to fit in with Briere and the new guys. If he just plays his game and keeps it simple, fighting for the puck along the boards, going to the net, etc. he is fine. I agree that he shouldnt be handling the puck. He was never great at it and never the fastest skater out there. I think it is simply that he doesnt fit with Briere. Since he has been playing with Richards, I think he has been fine.
Briere plays a pretty precise kind of game that Knuble doesn't fit too well with. Richards is more versatile and is happy to have Knuble do what Knuble does. I make fun of Knuble but he is still a solid player the only thing he does that is inexcusable is taking penalties at very inopportune times. That can't be defended. He needs to stick to being a big awkward pile of heart around the net and the corners.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 01:43 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Agreed, I mean when healthy, we can roll a top 9 of

Gagne-Briere-Hartnell (Hartnell can keep up and do work in the corners).

Lupul-Richards-Knuble (Richie can work with anyone, but it'd be nice to have a sniper with him).

Umberger-Carter-Upshall (couple scorers and Umberger is a decent playmaker).

I know I have Lupul and Hartnell out of position, but I kind of like Lupul coming in off the left-wing and ripping that right-handed shot and Hartnell can adjust.

Old
11-29-2007, 01:47 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
That's what I'm seeing too. He makes his mistakes, sure, but he's not terrible either. Just extremely out of place on a line with Briere. He'll probably never again have a pivot as good for him as Forsberg was, but Knuble should be able to make solid contributions playing with Richards 5 on 5 and parking himself in front on the power play. Cut out the crummy penalties he takes and I bet there's not even much discussion going on. We all knew he wasn't a puckhandler anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
I know I have Lupul and Hartnell out of position, but I kind of like Lupul coming in off the left-wing and ripping that right-handed shot and Hartnell can adjust.
I'm pretty sure Hartnell has played both sides in the past, so no big deal with him. I like those lines.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 01:53 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
That's what I'm seeing too. He makes his mistakes, sure, but he's not terrible either. Just extremely out of place on a line with Briere. He'll probably never again have a pivot as good for him as Forsberg was, but Knuble should be able to make solid contributions playing with Richards 5 on 5 and parking himself in front on the power play. Cut out the crummy penalties he takes and I bet there's not even much discussion going on. We all knew he wasn't a puckhandler anyway.
Agreed, I mean Knuble's hands have been a running joke on here since he was signed, it's the stupid plays that get annoying. He did have a really strong game last night, so hopefully he can build on that.

A contributing Mike Knuble really helps this team out a lot.

Old
11-29-2007, 02:14 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Fantasy idea (will never happen but since Brodeur said that Philly would be one of the two other teams he would like to play for...)

To PHI: Brodeur and Madden

To NJ: Biron, Richards, Lupul, Coburn and 2008 1st round pick

.................................................. .................................

To PHI: Dumont and Zidlicky

To NAS: Giroux, Umberger and Gauthier

.................................................. ..................................

Gagné-Brière-Dumont
Hartnell-Carter-Upshall
???-Madden-Knuble

Again, this would never happen for obvious reasons but I just wanted to know what you think about it valuewise.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 02:19 PM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
Fantasy idea (will never happen but since Brodeur said that Philly would be one of the two other teams he would like to play for...)

To PHI: Brodeur and Madden

To NJ: Biron, Richards, Lupul, Coburn and 2008 1st round pick
Uh...wut?

Old
11-29-2007, 02:24 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
Uh...wut?
I know it's overpayment but I just being realistic in what it would take to land Martin Brodeur, even if it would never happen.

My point is to see if you would give up that much young good assets to be an immediate SC contender with a guy like Brodeur in net.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 02:27 PM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
I know it's overpayment but I just being realistic in what it would take to land Martin Brodeur, even if it would never happen.

My point is to see if you would give up that much young good assets to be an immediate SC contender with a guy like Brodeur in net.
Because he's so much better than Biron this year? Plus we lose our best player, a 20+ goal scorer, our 2nd best defensive propect, and a pick?