HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mclennan to Avs *proposal*

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 06:40 PM
friesen12

vCash: 500
Mclennan to Avs

Avs get:Jamie Mclennan, Danny Gauthier

Flames get:Andrei Nikolishin, J-M Liles

Old
01-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Jacob

Done deal, huh?

Old
01-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Done deal, huh?
Don't worry. Garrioch will confirm it on Sunday.

Old
01-15-2004, 06:48 PM
friesen12

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for the confusion it was a proposal

Old
01-15-2004, 11:35 PM
MileHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by friesen12
Avs get:Jamie Mclennan, Danny Gauthier

Flames get:Andrei Nikolishin, J-M Liles
Doesn't make sense to me for the Avs perspective. We get a backup goalie who has nothing that we need( i. e. playoff experience) adn while I do like Gauthier I think the price isn't quite right.

Nikolishin has become a great asset to the Avs and is not only our best faceoff man but one of the best in the league. Liles has really impressed me and I would be much more interested in getting rid of Skoula before we get rid of Liles.

Old
01-16-2004, 02:20 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
while i like the idea of mclennan as a back-up(experienced, good team guy, cheap, playing amazing recently), he's going to be the odd man out once kipper and turek return, so we'll be able to get him off waivers most likely.

liles aint goin nowhere, same for niko,
skoula on the other hand...

i think a 5th for mclennan sounds fair,

maybe skoula and a 3rd for gauthier and mclennan.

Old
01-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Neither team really gets what they need, and give up too much.

Liles is currently the best rookie defenseman in the league. We'll be parting sooner with Derek Morris than with him.

Nikolishin is the best faceoff man on the team, an area the Avs are a little weak in. He's also a very versatile forward, able to play on a scoring line or checking line, and provides great penalty killing. Both are invaluable to our success thus far.

McClennan should stay--TUREK should go.

If Gauthier were to be traded it shouldn't be for another offensive defenseman. Also, getting yet another checking center when they already have two under contract doesn't make any sense.

Old
01-16-2004, 03:14 PM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
i think a 5th for mclennan sounds fair,

maybe skoula and a 3rd for gauthier and mclennan.
You're kidding right? Neither are going to happen, ever.

First one, why would the Flames do this? They would keep a 2.06GAA .916S% goaltender with four shutouts that costs $500k over a 5th rounder every day of the week. Turek will probably go before McLennan.

Second one, if you think the Flames are going to trade both the goalie described above and one of the most feared defenseman in the league (also affordable) to a division rival for SKOULA (hah!) and a mid-pick -- you've got another thing coming.

Sorry, but these are pretty terrible proposals.

Old
01-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanos
First one, why would the Flames do this? They would keep a 2.06GAA .916S% goaltender with four shutouts that costs $500k over a 5th rounder every day of the week. Turek will probably go before McLennan.
Well I don't think there's any way we can get rid of Turek. I think McLennan will obviously be the odd man out if the Flames goalies ever get healthy.

Go read all the Sutter quotes from all the articles this year on McLennan, it's quite telling. See how many starts McLennan got when Kiprusoff came in.

If and when the goalies are healthy I think McLennan is gone for a draft pick if we can get that much. If not then we'll waive him.

Old
01-16-2004, 04:18 PM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
If and when the goalies are healthy I think McLennan is gone for a draft pick if we can get that much. If not then we'll waive him.
Maybe so. But I think that the Flames could get atleast a 3rd for McLennan right now. He's been solid all year long and is a reasonably good backup having a career year. The only reason why I think Turek could go first is his contract -- assuming someone would take him I have no doubt that Sutter would with with Kiprusoff and McLennan as his duo. Aside from the hype provided in the offseason about Turek, I don't believe he is in Sutter's plans and if he gets the chance he will move him.

Old
01-16-2004, 11:02 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanos
You're kidding right? Neither are going to happen, ever.

Second one, if you think the Flames are going to trade both the goalie described above and one of the most feared defenseman in the league (also affordable) to a division rival for SKOULA (hah!) and a mid-pick -- you've got another thing coming.

Sorry, but these are pretty terrible proposals.
like FDW said there is no way anyone takes turek with that contract, N-O O-N-E.

like i said u can trade jamie or will/someone else will pick him off waivers, its that simple,

i'll remind u that the market is full of extra goalies so your team is at a disadvatnage right away,

my skoula/pick proposal was in response to the orginal poster, i am sure there will be cheaper dmen available come the deadline.

however i like the idea of mclennan as aebi's backup.

Closed Thread