HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

something else that Ryder brings

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2004, 06:49 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
something else that Ryder brings

we love Ryder for what he bring s to the team ; goals , points , hard work etc
but , there is something that is really good ,whenever it's going to take more time for us to see it :it's the fact that this rookie was going nowhere at the start of the last year season, and that now he's in a run for the rookie of the year .

do you realise what kind of message Ryder is giving to all our prospects ?that the determination and the hard work are paying you in return ..a lot of us are already really impress by the play of a lot of our prospects , but i am sure that because of Ryder , they are going to work harder during the second part of the season,because now they believe that they can do it !

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 01-16-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Old
01-16-2004, 06:58 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
we love Ryder for what he bring s to the team ; goals , points , hard work etc
but , there is something that is really a plus ,whenever it's going to take more time for us to see it :it's the fact that this rookie was going nowhere at the start of the last year season, and that now he's in a run for the rookie of the year .

do you realise what kind of message Ryder is giving to all our prospects ?how the determination and the hard work is paying you in return ..a lot of us are already really impress by the play of a lot of our prospects , but i am sure that because of Ryder , they are going to work harder during the second part of the season, because now they beleive that they can do it !
they should take his example to heart, ryder is a true success story, "he made it"
through hard work and determination, im so proud we have ryder.
and i feel we have a future 80+ point 35+ goal man in him.
when he fixes his skating a bit more he'll be a star.

Old
01-16-2004, 07:05 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
they should take his example to heart, ryder is a true success story, "he made it"
yes and i am sure that some players with more natural skills like Balej have already catch the message , and that why they are playing great hockey ...

unbelivable how the future is looking well , if we compare to 2 years ago ;what a difference !

Old
01-16-2004, 07:08 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Jumping the gun just a bit, okay a lot.

I love Ryder, everything about his game, but he simply doesn't have the top notch skills to be a star or a 35 goal man or 80+ points.

Old
01-16-2004, 08:20 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Jumping the gun just a bit, okay a lot.

I love Ryder, everything about his game, but he simply doesn't have the top notch skills to be a star or a 35 goal man or 80+ points.
i know those #'s seem high but ive seen maybe all but 5 habs games this yearand i could fairly give my assesment on him: he's still very raw in terms of skills he looks like he's been etching his game almost every game i see him, he has one thing that very rare in players these days, "offencive positioning". not too many players have this some make up for it in pure talent and skill, but ryder has it he knows where to go in the ffencive zone. as for not having top notch skills as you put it, its incredible how much he has elavated his game in 2 years. he has plenty of skills and oozing with potential, he has incredible work ethic and thats a huge key in his future success as a see it. if he works on his skating and smooths out his talent, he'll easily post those numbers.
i hope we get in the playoffs becuase i think you will all see what he is made of.
im never ussually this hyped about a player(since koivu's rookie season) but he'll be a beautifull player for years to come.
he's a skating sponge right now learning mad offencive skills from koivu and mad defencive skills from bulis. ryders very lucky to have these line-mates in his first nhl season.
also if he ever developes a mean streak he'll be an awsome power forward.
id love to hear what others who've seen ryder all year feel about his long term potential

Old
01-16-2004, 08:33 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
it's the fact that this rookie was going nowhere at the start of the last year season, and that now he's in a run for the rookie of the year...do you realise what kind of message Ryder is giving to all our prospects ?that the determination and the hard work are paying you in return ...
I agree 100%. It is a great message to send to the farm, not only because it worked in the case of Ryder, but because it's generally true. Or course, not everyone can make it to the NHL by "hard work" alone, but if you're on an AHL team already, then, yeh, it matters. Look at Fedfed in Manitiboa: by far the most skilled player. But he simply cannout get it through his head what it takes; and that's wht Tyler Bouck gets the call to join the Canooks and not him. I hope Hainsey is watching...

Old
01-16-2004, 08:35 PM
HABitude

Lol, if the thread was : “something else that Hossa brings” or Hainsey brings”, I was thinking the Gatorade bottle or the Nachos chips. But when I saw Ryder, I knew it was NHL hockey related.

...s'cuze me! :p

Old
01-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
id love to hear what others who've seen ryder all year feel about his long term potential
Perfect 2nd line scorer 25-30 goal and 60 points per year potential. I also think his +/- stats will go up dramatically once he gets more experience because he plays an effective 2-way game and is relentless along the boards. He could probably also be a good complementary 1st line winger playing a hard nosed game if we were able to get a 40 goal scorer on the other side (Kastsitsyn maybe).

One way or the other, it seems we'll be building this team on depth rather than one big line that does all the offensive production, a thing I like because it's harder for the other team to cover. 3 lines that can score from 50 to 90 goals per year is where I'd like to see this team in 3-4 years.

Ryder sure is part of the long term plan. One of my favorite player on the Habs along with Bulis and Koivu because they're so multi-dimensional, which is badly needed to win cups.

Old
01-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Perfect 2nd line scorer 25-30 goal and 60 points per year potential. I also think his +/- stats will go up dramatically once he gets more experience because he plays an effective 2-way game and is relentless along the boards. He could probably also be a good complementary 1st line winger playing a hard nosed game if we were able to get a 40 goal scorer on the other side (Kastsitsyn maybe).

One way or the other, it seems we'll be building this team on depth rather than one big line that does all the offensive production, a thing I like because it's harder for the other team to cover. 3 lines that can score from 50 to 90 goals per year is where I'd like to see this team in 3-4 years.

Ryder sure is part of the long term plan. One of my favorite player on the Habs along with Bulis and Koivu because they're so multi-dimensional, which is badly needed to win cups.

That is exactly what I was thinking in terms of production when he tops out. Personally, the most important thing about him is that he is the type you go to wars with a la Gary Roberts. The intangibles he brings (love of the game, heart, work ethic) are what will make him a solid NHLer even if the numbers don't pan out.

Old
01-16-2004, 09:23 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Perfect 2nd line scorer 25-30 goal and 60 points per year potential. I also think his +/- stats will go up dramatically once he gets more experience because he plays an effective 2-way game and is relentless along the boards.
he's on pace for 58 points this year and his game has gotten better as the seasons going. i feel he'll get close to that number.
you really feel that he's a "25-30 goal and 60 points per year potential" player???
dont you think his future totals in this league will be higher then his first in the nhl??
once he smoothes out his skating, he'll surprise alote of people.
give him 2 years he'll be close to if not a ppg player.

Old
01-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
he's on pace for 58 points this year and his game has gotten better as the seasons going. i feel he'll get close to that number.
you really feel that he's a "25-30 goal and 60 points per year potential" player???
dont you think his future totals in this league will be higher then his first in the nhl??
once he smoothes out his skating, he'll surprise alote of people.
give him 2 years he'll be close to if not a ppg player.
All depends where and with who he plays. Like I said, I see him in a 2nd line role, which should allow him to produce about 60 points per year. Don't forget that Ryder plays with Koivu on the 1st line and is from the 1st PP unit. This might not be the case anymore in 2-3 years if we get more skilled players who could take on a bigger offensive role (ie: Perezhogin and Kastsitsyn). I'm not saying he won't be able to get more (who knows really), just that this is what I see (and have seen for a long time from him) given his skills and room for improvement.

Old
01-16-2004, 09:34 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
All depends where and with who he plays. Like I said, I see him in a 2nd line role, which should allow him to produce about 60 points per year. Don't forget that Ryder plays with Koivu on the 1st line and is from the 1st PP unit. This might not be the case anymore in 2-3 years if we get more skilled players who could take on a bigger offensive role (ie: Perezhogin and Kastsitsyn). I'm not saying he won't be able to get more (who knows really), just that this is what I see (and have seen for a long time from him) given his skills and room for improvement.
i know exzactly what you mean munch but the way i see it even if he is going to play on the second line this team will have the depth for him to put up good numbers. but ryder is also playing with bulis who is not succeding with koivu (point waise ) at all, i think even if ryder was playing with zed and ribs he'd have similar points.
now in a couple of years i see our second line having more of an offencive impact than this years.and yes ryder would have a lot to do with it.
ryder will keep elivating his game thats the way i see it.

Old
01-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 660
Ryder and Ward give us so many option this year .. it's great . Begin also bring more option and if Dagenais continue to score it's 4 new good foward he have .

In Ryder a see a scorer who bring all he can to the team , 'a la Gary Roberts' like Nash13 said . In Ward i see a good energic 3rd liner he could have a couple of 20goals season and have the carrer Landon Wilson never had . In Begin well he's a sparkplug and he's versatile a great add-on on our 3rd or 4th . Dagenais is a guy that if he fall into a slump then he fall in the line-up , but i wish the best too him .. he could be a decent 2nd liner 25-30 goal scorer with Ribs .

Old
01-17-2004, 06:34 AM
goalchenyuk

our future looks more and more good...when we considere that at the start of the season , i am not sure that the staff were having Ribeiro in their team , Dagenais was more signed for the AHL and i am sure that they were expecting Ryder to may be crack the 4 th line...

this team was suppose to only buy time until next year or 2005 's season.We are by now, happy with our team but we have Balej ,Plekanec and Hainsey who are knocking at the door and Perezhogin and Higgins that are turning more and more close to be ready....wow !

Old
01-17-2004, 10:01 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
i know those #'s seem high but ive seen maybe all but 5 habs games this yearand i could fairly give my assesment on him: he's still very raw in terms of skills he looks like he's been etching his game almost every game i see him, he has one thing that very rare in players these days, "offencive positioning". not too many players have this some make up for it in pure talent and skill, but ryder has it he knows where to go in the ffencive zone. as for not having top notch skills as you put it, its incredible how much he has elavated his game in 2 years. he has plenty of skills and oozing with potential, he has incredible work ethic and thats a huge key in his future success as a see it. if he works on his skating and smooths out his talent, he'll easily post those numbers.
i hope we get in the playoffs becuase i think you will all see what he is made of.
im never ussually this hyped about a player(since koivu's rookie season) but he'll be a beautifull player for years to come.
he's a skating sponge right now learning mad offencive skills from koivu and mad defencive skills from bulis. ryders very lucky to have these line-mates in his first nhl season.
also if he ever developes a mean streak he'll be an awsome power forward.
he has that knack of finding the scoring holes, kind of a yea that hull does from 20 feet in. its a beautiful sight when he gets th puck in the slot and fires a wrister. a quick release and the brains to know where the opening is will carry you only so far, but he has the work ethic to go with it as well and is actually resembling Brett Hull a little bit imo, without the whining.

Old
01-17-2004, 02:12 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Ryder and Ward give us so many option this year .. it's great . Begin also bring more option and if Dagenais continue to score it's 4 new good foward he have .

In Ryder a see a scorer who bring all he can to the team , 'a la Gary Roberts' like Nash13 said . In Ward i see a good energic 3rd liner he could have a couple of 20goals season and have the carrer Landon Wilson never had . In Begin well he's a sparkplug and he's versatile a great add-on on our 3rd or 4th . Dagenais is a guy that if he fall into a slump then he fall in the line-up , but i wish the best too him .. he could be a decent 2nd liner 25-30 goal scorer with Ribs .
i will be great to have a Begin's kind of player but at the defense ...someone like kaspuraitis was playing few years ago

Closed Thread