HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers to Open '08-'09 Season in CR

Old
11-18-2007, 10:15 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Don't like it.

11-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
I think its a neat idea.. but I would rather it be pre-season games.. that way the team might have more time to recover before the actual season starts.

I guess that means that Jagr is going to be back next year for sure.

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 12:20 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I really hope the Rangers play some European club teams as part of their preseason.... I could care less about the Rangers playing NHL teams in the preseason...

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 12:25 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Just one less game at MSG. Stinks if you ask me.
1 less game that no one cares about or goes to anyway..... think bigger man. We have the oppoirtunity to sell Rangers jerseys all over the world.

Old
11-18-2007, 12:26 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoZ View Post
Wait.. we will be able to watch it won't we?
of course we will be able to watch it.

Old
11-18-2007, 12:27 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
1 less game that no one cares about or goes to anyway..... think bigger man. We have the oppoirtunity to sell Rangers jerseys all over the world.
You mean 1 less MSG sellout? Its just an inconvenience to North American fans, its not really a good idea if you ask me.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 12:30 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
I just wanna know how I get compensated for a game I dont get to go to.
easy. go to the game.

the team will probably just offer 1 or 2 less games in the season package to compensate. not a big deal.

Old
11-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Choice

Soooooo...who's going?

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 03:22 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Soooooo...who's going?
I am thinking about it!

But seriously, the trip isn't such a big deal on the athletes. As someone who has just flown a couple round trips to Turkey (10 or 11 hours each way) over the past few months, the jet lag issue is not a big deal unless you sleep at the wrong times. And remember, these guys have people who take care of just about everything for them. They aren't like you and me struggling with bags and such. They'll have a couple days off after they get back too. The main issue is their routine being interrupted. But on the other hand, it's some extra time for the team to bond. Using a trip as an excuse for a bad start is pretty weak imo.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Synergy27

It's probably safe to assume that obtaining tickets to this will be pretty much impossible for those of us over here, right? This would be a dream vacation for me.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 05:06 PM
incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27 View Post
It's probably safe to assume that obtaining tickets to this will be pretty much impossible for those of us over here, right? This would be a dream vacation for me.
I'd think it'd be pretty easy to get tickets.

In London, the games took 5-6 weeks to sell out, and so tickets were easy enough to get as long as you booked early enough. They also held back a large amount of tickets for the US-based fans who wanted to travel over. Of course once it sold out, tickets started changing hands for ridiculous prices, but that's to be expected.

If these games do happen, I'll certainly be going from England and wouldn't expect any trouble getting tickets.

incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
broadwayblue

so what airport do we fly into?

Old
11-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Kostik

Sweet!
Most likely it will be played here - http://www.sazkaarena.com/pg.php?lang=2
Some games from WC 2004 were played there - Sazka arena is good one.
It's good for me that i can attend the games, but i think because of traveling its so-so for Rangers.
Anyway its one year late - atleast for Czechs.
I doubt that there will be more than 3-4 Czechs on Rangers roster next year(but i don't care )

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 06:14 PM
broadwayblue

So it looks like Czech Airlines and Delta fly non-stop from JFK to PRG. All in the best deal right now is $887 on Czech (for 9/25-10/1.) You can save $100 if you transfer in Germany...but I'd recommend the non-stop. It's 8+ hours there, and 9+ hours back non-stop. Maybe I'll use some of my Delta miles and grab an award ticket.

Old
11-18-2007, 08:14 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by incident View Post
I'd think it'd be pretty easy to get tickets.

In London, the games took 5-6 weeks to sell out, and so tickets were easy enough to get as long as you booked early enough. They also held back a large amount of tickets for the US-based fans who wanted to travel over. Of course once it sold out, tickets started changing hands for ridiculous prices, but that's to be expected.

If these games do happen, I'll certainly be going from England and wouldn't expect any trouble getting tickets.
It'll probably sell out much quicker in CR. Hockey is huge there and if Jaromir Jagr is coming to town, the thing will probably be sold out in no time. Although I would assume that Rangers season ticket holders get some sort of option to go...

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 09:28 PM
incident

Quote:
It'll probably sell out much quicker in CR. Hockey is huge there and if Jaromir Jagr is coming to town, the thing will probably be sold out in no time. Although I would assume that Rangers season ticket holders get some sort of option to go...
I agree it would sell out quicker than London did, and obviously Hockey is bigger in the Czech Republic than in the UK, but I also think that many fans will choose to watch their local teams rather than an NHL side.

Jagr obviously would attract interest, but how many domestic fans would be prepared to pay NHL prices? The top priced ticket for HC Slavia games (the usual residents of the Arena) converts to around $27 - that's about half the cost of the cheapest NHL tickets in London. A lot of locals could end up being priced out of the games.

The other factor is that the London games literally attracted fans from every corner of Europe. With there potentially being another set of games the same weekend, in Sweden, that fanbase would be split to an extent.

I've no doubt that the games would sell out if they happen, but if people are alert to when tickets go on sale, then they shouldn't have a major problem getting hold of seats.

incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Choice

It would be a dream vacation. We'll see.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 03:32 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
Quote:
Soooooo...who's going?
If this goes ahead - I will without a doubt!

I hope the ticket buying process will be easy The games will sell out quicker than in London for sure. But, they should make tickets available as they do for regular NHL games - on Ticketmaster, I would hope.

Prague is easy enough to get to from Manchester, and the flights are usually cheap enough, and it's a lovely place for a hockey trip!

kickice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 06:04 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickice View Post
If this goes ahead - I will without a doubt!

I hope the ticket buying process will be easy The games will sell out quicker than in London for sure. But, they should make tickets available as they do for regular NHL games - on Ticketmaster, I would hope.

Prague is easy enough to get to from Manchester, and the flights are usually cheap enough, and it's a lovely place for a hockey trip!
hey why is prucha's jersey number 58 in your avatar?

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Pogo

Quote:
I was in Prague during the summer. First of all, the place is amazing, beer is so cheap there it's ridiculous. Even though this was July I stumbled upon a newspaper there. Not that I know Czech but I picked it up anyway, hoping it would be a sports section and could decipher something. First page story was some random Jagr fluff piece, he hadn't actually done anything of interest that week (I checked on the internet) and it definitely wasn't hockey related. This game will probably sell out since Jagr is a god there.

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 06:49 AM
TheZherdev

they should have done rangers vs detroit. Jagr vs hasek, that would be cool. But since they only can play det max once a year it wouldnt work since it has to be a home and home format.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 07:38 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by incident View Post
I agree it would sell out quicker than London did, and obviously Hockey is bigger in the Czech Republic than in the UK, but I also think that many fans will choose to watch their local teams rather than an NHL side.

Jagr obviously would attract interest, but how many domestic fans would be prepared to pay NHL prices? The top priced ticket for HC Slavia games (the usual residents of the Arena) converts to around $27 - that's about half the cost of the cheapest NHL tickets in London. A lot of locals could end up being priced out of the games.

The other factor is that the London games literally attracted fans from every corner of Europe. With there potentially being another set of games the same weekend, in Sweden, that fanbase would be split to an extent.

I've no doubt that the games would sell out if they happen, but if people are alert to when tickets go on sale, then they shouldn't have a major problem getting hold of seats.
Jagr is a national hero in the Czech Republic, the game will sell out in no time. Just as long as he doesn't retire .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 08:06 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
hey why is prucha's jersey number 58 in your avatar?
it's his pre-season jersey from his rookie season.! I bought it, which is why I like that pic

kickice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:29 AM
TUQ

Quote:
Soooooo...who's going?
Me! It'll be like Chrismas in October .

TUQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

I think thats awesome. You can't compare them to Anaheim, they had bigger issues. If you keep your largely Chek-oriented team by that point... I could see the Rangers blowin' em out both games

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote